1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

ICE Considerations

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by johnny, Jan 17, 2011.

1. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Wow!! Dr Shiva. That kind of set up is perfect to play DJ at marriage parties of Punjab side areas. ::T
    Yes, you definitely need to hold your horses and audition a few ICEs before you spend that much. I would advise you to audition the similar ICE installed in cars rather than auditioning the speakers inside the showroom.
  2. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Hey Dr. Shiva. The config uve mentioned looks a drool material. If you are going with this mentioned setup, the only thing I would advise you is rather than getting a handmade enclosure for the Sub, get the Sub enclosure from Focal. That would be better for it characterstics. ::T
  3. Viny

Viny Esperto

dr_shiva29: Dont just go by brand name, take some demo. Kindly share product model numbers for better understanding of things going in. Beaware India is full of duplicate Focal products.
  4. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

i love focals. when i heard them when i was in US i was crazy for them. i am worried about fake market in india.
    the focals are very costly in US around 399$ to 599$ but the sames ones are very cheap here makes me feel they are duplicates.

however if we buy for distributor/dealer of focal in india then its safe.
  5. Viny

Viny Esperto

Focal 165 , Infinity Kappa, Polk Momo all sound great and range between 150$ to 200$, some have good bass, some have good highs thus finally it depends upon the taste of individual. Furthermore these are all around 80W - 100W speakers, thus when powered with suitable amps they make awesome sound, but then how many of us will be even using 50% of there capabilities :D

Italia-Linea: You would be surprised to know that its distributor who pushes in the fake ones, as no one would doubt them, and if 1 or 2 fails, they would replace for free as they have ample margins. 99% of people go just by brand name, and are not audiophile and thus even if speaker performs 60% of orignal ones, then also they would be happy with it.

In shenzen audio /electronics market you would be blown away to see exact replicas and its impossible for normal buyer to differenciate.
  6. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

OEM HU Amplifier will give a litte more power per channel. HU amp can get overheated on sustained high volume but nothing to worry they have more than enough protection for overheating.
  7. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Dr Shiva,

Focal Polyglass speakers are very good. In my opinion, the only other brands that comes close are Rainbow, and MTX Thunder 8000. In case you have the opportunity, then audition these two brands before taking a final decision. The price point for all three brands are similar. All of them very sound good with an amp & sub.

Only point to be careful about is about the authenticity of the speakers. So, you will have to settle for a proper bill & warranty, and hope for the best. In case you are getting the items from a recognised dealer, then the odds are more in your favour.

8. amar_oct19

New Delhi
    hey guys...
    i am planning to go for rockford fosgate p1652-s comps in the front,....p1653 coaxials for rear doors...
    now my query is what is all the fuss regarding amplifier and the blue-me function.....
    should i go for an amp(which i think i would)..?and what r the precautions i should take with an amp...
    my kinda music would include soft rock,bollywood,punjabi dhinchik....etc but nothing too heavy and loud...
    guys plz help me out....thnks in advance ::O ::O :wink:
    anirban130 likes this.
  9. bhai

bhai Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP

As all know we consider the power of car audio as below

50x4 etc.

But this 45x4 & 50x4 is maximum ouput power.

In my Kenwood MP 543-U
    Full Bandwidth power (at less than 1% THD) is 22 W x4. THD means Total Harmonic Distortion.

Means 22 Watt is sufficeint for any hatchback car.

I want to know the specifications of stock HU comes with GP Emotion & Emotion +

One member has put image of stock SPK . On stock SPK wattege is mentioned 20 Watt. Means it has max.permissible input for stock SPK is 20 Watt.

But what is Full Bandwidth power of factory HU ? So while upgrading SPK I can know the right SPK for stock HU

I don't want to install additional AMP & SW.
  10. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    TFI member Karan_Sharma has gone for Rockford Fosgate comps+co-axials and I have experienced this speakers at our last meet in Delhi. The result is awesome.
    There is no amp, no extra wiring, no fuss with Blue&Me etc.
    Do check out this thread's earlier pages. You can send him a PM as well for further clarification.

I don't know about Full bandwidth power and such things. ::pP
    OEM HU is rated at 30x4W. Comps+co-axials without any extra amp are working fine with excellent results for non-audiophiles. Audiophiles have to get amp+sub woofer.