1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

ICE Considerations

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by johnny, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Anand: Dyanamat Exterme is the best one, be aware there are many fake ones available in India. 18*32 size doesnt require a joint, which means better sound proofing. If he is using 18*32 it would take just 4 sheets to cover 4 doors. That would cost less, compared to 12*36 which would need 6-8 sheets and would cost more.
  2. Aanand

Aanand Amatore

Pune
    Dyanamat Exterme is the best one, be aware there are many fake ones available in India.
    OK.
    18*32 size doesnt require a joint, which means better sound proofing. If he is using 18*32 it would take just 4 sheets to cover 4 doors. That would cost less, compared to 12*36 which would need 6-8 sheets and would cost more.
    Ok.
    Thanks Viny.
    Any other things to be noted?

By the way, Preeti Trading Corporation seems to be the source for Dynamat also in our country.
    http://www.preetiglobal.com/html/index.html
    The person I spoke to there is Vijai bhai at 9820844432 - just in case any one else should need this detail.
  3. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Aanand,

This is with reference to the query that you posted. Viny has given some very useful inputs. I will just add to that.

I got the install done from 'Gyro' in Delhi. He stocks MTX, and a few other good brands. For the four speakers, I settled for a combined price of 9000/= (with bill & warranty). He used Dynamat extreme for the doors. It was 1500/= per door. No additional charges for MDF spacers or for installation. My total outlay was 15000/=. After the tuning adjustments, the sound is really good. The speakers, especially the front compos, can absorb a lot of power effortlessly.

One point about the damping. It is done to prevent the "rattling" sound that can happen at times, which could be due to various reasons, like resonance from the door frame etc. A good installer will know which parts of the door need to be damped. It does not need 100% coverage. In case he has done a good job, you will know when you play music, and crank up the volume with bass heavy tracks. Normally, after the install this is demonstrated to you by the installer. So, carry some typical music for this. I have a CD with just three tracks (my test CD). First track by the "Carpenters" - this will cover the highs & midrange, second track by "Massive Attack - Better things" to push the bass envelope, and the third track by "Santana - Soul Sacrifice". This will really demonstrate the 'sound stage', or lack of it.

Wish you the best with your install, and happy listening.

Regards

Johnny
    1 person likes this.
  4. Aanand

Aanand Amatore

Pune
    OK.
    Thanks Johnny.
    I have already got "Massive Attack - Better things" since I read about it in one of your posts.
    I shall now look for the other two to create my own 'test CD'
    Which particular track by the Carpenters should I look for?
  5. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Aanand,

I use the track "Rainy Days and Mondays" by the Carpenters. It has some brilliant vocals (for the midrange), and also some highs on the harmonica.

One more point that I forgot to mention about damping. In case the door panels vibrate because of gaps etc (a very common problem), it will spoil the sound. This is an area that the installer must address while doing the damping. I had this problem with my rear doors, which I subsequently got fixed - correctly analysed by the installer.

Regards

Johnny
  6. Aanand

Aanand Amatore

Pune
    OK Johnny. Thanks a pile.
    This thread of yours has been most useful.
  7. bones

bones

chandigarh
    kenwood 7016 vs kenwood 6046? any difference in sq?
  8. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I don't think it would be easy for many to answer a question like this. So you got the wheels bro?
    P.S.- Do post an introduction thread if you get some time. :)
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Guys did you notice that even rear doors have similar space as front doors tweeters. Any use of this?