1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

ICE Considerations

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by johnny, Jan 17, 2011.

1. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    :hit Viny, have you never flashed or blown ur horn from behind ?? :evilsmile
    1 person likes this.
  2. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Question was specific to person coming from "opposite direction" :hit
  3. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

Pune
    I am not thinking of replacing the HU. From the discussions I have gathered that Comps are needed in front and coaxs in rear for better sound output. I need a decent apm and a subwoofer. My question is, can I get all this done in 15K?? (I wish :) )

If you guys have a good config for Linea please do let me know. Also a contact in Pune would be nice :))

Want to get this done on coming weekend. So Guys please help me out...
  4. Viny

Viny Esperto

Sid: ICE setup differs from PC setups. ICE setup is generally as per personal taste and likings and not as latest configurations. Take a demo of various speakers, try to understand which one gives you best feelings and comfort to your ears and then decide ahead.
  5. bones

bones

chandigarh
    where are the ice guru's at?
  6. I am also looking for replacing stock speakers. I need help:

I am at Gurgaon, if any one at Gurgaon done ICE setup, please tell me the retalier name. I am also looking for sound damping, as very few do sound damping here.

1, Need to know what will be the best comps (Front) and coaxials (rear), I should go with. I am not going for AMP.

2, Will also do sound damping. Checked reliance autozone (Ambience Mall, Gurgaon), they have JBL sound damping sheets with them and they are charging 4400/- all four doors. All who have done damping, is this price is OK?

My budget not more than 15,000/-

Guru's please help
  7. bones

bones

chandigarh
    So Here's the final tally guys (thanks to the ice guru's at gearheads.in), will try to convince my dad to splurge a little more though it will be difficult , since he's pretty adamant on 25000 rs budget.

Head Unit - Kenwood 7016 - Rs 11500 with B/W - will try to Negotiate it for 11000 Rs

Components - Infinity Reference 6530 - Rs 5500 -will try to Negotiate for 5000 with B/W

Amplifier - Auditor RIP 4180 - Rs 9000 - will Negotiate for 8000 Rs with B/W

Sub Woofer - Infinity Reference 1260w - Rs 5500 - will try to Negotiate for 5000 with B/W

Wiring - Scosche Cables - Rs 1600 with B/W

Sub Woofer Box - 800 Rs

front door damping on a later date

Total Without Negotiations -33900 Rs
    With Negotiations - 30400 Rs

will post installation pics as soon as i get my ice installation on the way
  8. Aanand

Aanand Amatore

Pune
    Johnny,
    I have read your thread "Speaker Change on my Emo Pack"
    My listening habits are similar and so is the model of my car.
    So, I have chosen to copy you and install MTX T6S652 in the front doors and MTX RTC653 in the rear doors with damping to be done in all four with Dynamat.
    The prices being quoted to me by one 'Bafna Cars' on Ghole Road here in Pune are:
    Front speakers - Rs.5500/-
    Rear speakers - Rs.3800/-
    Damping - Rs.5500/-
    Installation (to include the spacer rings etc.) - Rs.1100/-

From an internet search I find that Preeti Trading Corporation in Mumbai are the only dealers of MTX in India.
    I spoke to Preeti Trading Corporation in Mumbai and they told me that this Bafna Cars is their only agent in Pune for the MTX products.
    Of course, Mr. Bafna assures me that he has a good installer.
    So, I suppose I will just blindly trust him and give him the work.
    My query is - 'Are the prices reasonable?'
    What do you think?
  9. Viny

Viny Esperto

Anand: Are you getting Dynamat Extereme, and how many sheets to be used, also could you also get the detail about the sheet size, is it 18x32 or 12x36
  10. Aanand

Aanand Amatore

Pune
    Viny,
    Are you getting Dynamat Extereme
    He did say "Yes, Dynamat" when I specifically asked him if he is going to use it.
    Whether it is Dynamat 'Extreme' or not, I will need to go and ask him again.
    Are mere 'Dynamat' and 'Dynamat Extreme' two different materials?
    If yes, then I will ask him to use 'Dynamat Extreme'.

How many sheets to be used?
    I don't know.
    Should I ask him this?

Details of the sheet size.
    Again, I will need to go and ask specifically.
    Should I?