1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

ICE Considerations

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by johnny, Jan 17, 2011.

1. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hey bone, you have posted the following brands:
    jbl, infinity , sony , pioneer , kenwood , alpine , jvc

You have spent Rs12000 on the Head Unit. So you are left with Rs13000.
    My recommendation is the following:

First, select a good installer that does the justice to the word "ICE installation".
    Now, for Rs13000, I will do the following if I am you:

Front doors: 6.5 inch JBL Components (upto Rs6000)
    Rear Doors: 6.5 inch JBL Co-axials (upto Rs3000)
    Damping Rs1500x4=Rs6000 (Its worth the money believe me).

or you can forget the damping part and go for Infinity Kappa components in the front and infinity/JBL co-axials at the back.

Just make sure that the front speakers are comps and rear are co-axials.
  2. bones

bones

chandigarh
    hey paddle shifter , i was thinking the same , i was thinking of going for infinity kappa components for front doors and a infinity 4 way amp and damping for the door , since i m the only passenger in the car , i dont think i need rear coaxials , by the way do they do door damping in chandigarh , not sure abt that and also not sure abt exact prices of infinity kappa components and infinity amp. if you have any idea kindly suggest the model no's for these products with their prices..
  3. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I would highly recommend you to get speakers on all four doors even if you are the only driver.

By the way, I just noticed that you are from Chandigarh too. :) If ever you spot me, do flash your lights or blow horn. :) You can identify me as I have PaddleShifter written on rear windshield.

Damping is being done by a few here. I have heard of some guy named "Abhishek". He does damping if I recall correctly.
    Regarding the prices, Infinity Kappa components cost around Rs8000. Visit a few dealers in Chandigarh's sector-28 and 27 for better idea.

SK Motors in Sec28 offers 101% genuine products but at a price. His rates are always higher than average prices in Chd.
    Visit Car Life in Sec-28 as well as sec-27.
  4. Rupinder

Rupinder

Ludhiana
    abhishek doesnot do damping .he occassionaly makes sub boxes .car life does car damping a guy named chaman who works there is good at it
  5. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Is there any way to increase the sound quality with the present single out put Pioneer HU and the basic speakers??.
    Like is there any way to add an amp and will it improve the sound quality or can tweeters or woofers be added to the single output HU??
    Or,is it better to dump the whole set up and go for an all new new ICE from middle east,which would cost atleast half as it does here?
  6. bones

bones

chandigarh
    Hey friends this is my intial ICE list please tell me to edit the list if you think the audio equipment is not right for this kinda setup or their are bettter options in the similar price range..........

HU - JBL x555 (has 3 preouts around 7.5 k) i really need advice regarding this hu , as i dont have much idea abt its quality , just going by brand name

Components- INFINITY ref 6530 cs (270 w , 6x9 around 8k)

AMPLIFIER- JBL gt5 s265c (800 w 4 way around 7 k)

SUB- JBL cs 1215 bass tube (1100 w 12 inch around 4k)

WIRING - JBL (arnd 2 k)

so TOTAL 28500rs , hoping to get some discounts to come within 25000 and get damping done for my front 2 doors
  7. Rupinder

Rupinder

Ludhiana
    instead of bass tube get a sub in sealed enclosure and do get the damping of doors
  8. bones

bones

chandigarh
    veere dekhde han ke chandigarh vich koi damping karda wi hai ya nahi
  9. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Bones Gt5 S265c are components and not amplifier. JBL Gt5 series amp is s664

Damping is done by car life sec 27-c chandigarh
  10. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    ::OO ::OO
    How do you expect him to see the rear windshield and flash the and blow the horn when you are coming from opposite direction?
    anirban130 and FukinChinPao like this.