1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

ICE Considerations

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by johnny, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Mods Note - Thread Merged.
    Please post all your ICE queries here.
  2. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    Re: Need advice on Music Upgrage for my Punto 1.3 Emotion Pa

1. As long as you or the installers dnt cut any OEM wires afftecting the original funcionality of the carr, no waarranty issues.
    2. I would not advise you to change the OEM head Unit. You can add amplifier and subwoofer but with the esixting speakers, theres a big chance you wont be able to get the desired output. Hence, keep the head unit and think about changing the Speakers, putting in amplifier (If you want to and ur budget permits) and Woofer.
    3. Yes you can use the existing woofer. No problem at all.
    4. If you cut any existing OEM wiring or modify them, you might end up loosing Blue and Me. This is the biggest worry and this needs the biggest attention. A professional and experience installer will never do any of these things. So look for one. :)

Hope Ive answered your questions, if you have ny more questions, do feel free to ask. ::T
  3. Prasanna Godugu

Prasanna Godugu Novizio

Hyderabad
    Thanks ansal11 for your quick reply.

As i have TS-W303F woofer with box can you please suggest me the speakers and amplifier (mid range price).
    Please any hyderabad users suggest me the shop where can i do this upgrade(considering my above query's)
  4. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    In terms of speakers, are you looking for two components and two coax or all four components. I could name a few brands, but still the most important thing is the kinna music you hear. So do listen to a few before deciding on that. Also Depends on ur budget. What do you class as mid range. You can get really good ones between 4-7 k components and 3-4 coax.

In terms of Amp, the best one without going through any hassle is Blaupunkt 555, its a Pnp i.e plug and play. But is is difficult to get. You can find everything bout it at viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1476

The woofer you have should work absolutely fine with the setup.
  5. CountRock

CountRock Staff Member Janitor

Dallas, Texas
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hey Ansal! how much would it cost approximately for me to replicate your setup (front components, rear co-ax and the woofer)?? since I already have the 555 amp/wiring harness.
  6. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    Would cost you around 25k with the damping. Depends on the discounts. If you buy everything from one place and get it installed, you generally dnt need to pay installation charges/labour charges and get a heavy discount as well. ::T
  7. bones

bones

chandigarh
    Hey guys just took delivery of my BNW GP 1.3 Active , since it doesnt come with any audio equipment , i need help in selecting each and every audio component , my requirements are head unit , 2 sets of coaxials or components (whichever u may think will suit my requirement and budget) , an amplifier (4way or 2 way based on ur suggestion) and a subwoofer or a bass tube , my budget is 25000 Rs . I have already selected the head unit which is kenwood 7016 , it is costing me 12000 Rs with the bill . my requirements are nice solid punching bass over which i can hear the song , sound clarity also is important , remember in my city i can only get my hands on jbl, infinity , sony , pioneer , kenwood , alpine , jvc . your help would be really appreciated . on other mods for my car i m going with 15inch/195 apollo tyres with chrome HR alloys and sunfilm .
  8. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    Can you share the Alloys pics in the post "98pcd alloys"
  9. bones

bones

chandigarh
    common ppl , help a fellow punter out . going for installation in 3 days
  10. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Infinity>>Sony>>JBL
    Infinity comp approx 6k
    JBL 4.5k
    Sony 4k
    Amp Kenwood or JBL (don't know price)
    Damping 5k
    Haven't heard compos of other brands mentioned
    Audition the speakers before installation. Everyone has different taste of music so what might be good to me might be bad to you.