1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

ICE Considerations

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by johnny, Jan 17, 2011.

1. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Hey congrtas Karan for the Ice. If the rattles continues, i would advise not only you but everyone who has done just the speaker upgrades to get the damping done on only the two front doors. That should solve the porblems.
  2. Congrats Karan. May be plastic removed while installing the speakers is the issue. As Ansal suggested, please get the daming done.
  3. bones

ICE Advice for Noob GP Active 1.3 Owner

Hey guys just took delivery of my BNW GP 1.3 Active , since it doesnt come with any audio equipment , i need help in selecting each and every audio component , my requirements are head unit , 2 sets of coaxials or components (whichever u may think will suit my requirement and budget) , an amplifier (4way or 2 way based on ur suggestion) and a subwoofer or a bass tube , my budget is 25000 Rs . I have already selected the head unit which is pioneer 5250/5290 , it is costing me 7000rs without the bill . my requirements are nice solid punching bass over which i can hear the song , sound clarity also is important , remember in my city i can only get my hands on jbl, infinity , sony , pioneer , kenwood , alpine , jvc . your help would be really appreciated . on other mods for my car i m going with 15inch/195 apollo tyres with chrome HR alloys and sunfilm .

Mods Note - Please post all ICE related queries here.
  4. Viny

Viny Esperto

Re: ICE Advice for Noob GP Active 1.3 Owner

Welcome bones
    I would suggest Kenwood 4channel Amps (4K -6k), Infinity or Polk Components(5.5-6.5K), Polk co-axials (3K), JBL or Inifnity Subwofer (4-6K) and Soundproofing (3-5k) you can use bridged mode of 4chanel amp or if budget permits go for mono amp to power up subs.
  5. bones

i dont have polk components in my city , please be detailed with model number and price , thanks viny , by the way i m getting kenwood amp 845 for 5000 rs
  6. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

Recommended Speakers for Linea

The factory fitted blaupunkt speakers are really crappy and I intend to replace it ASAP.
    Do you guys have any suggestions on what should I go for.

I am getting JBL GT5 S265 for 5K (for a set of 4) and GT6 S699 for 4.8K (set of 2).
    The other one I am considering is Sony XPLOD : XS-GT16412 (price on the sony website)
    Do let me know if you have fitted anything else.
    Also lemme know if someone has fit a subwoofer and an amp?

Mods Note - Thread Merged.
    Please post all your ICE queries here.
  7. bones

hey sid , please do not buy any sony car audio , they simple put are bad . try getting jbl 948 coaxial speakers or jbl gto 608 components both are pretty good and cost 4000 a pair ..they work even better with an amp..
  8. CountRock

CountRock Staff Member Janitor

Dallas, Texas
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I was wondering, since most tweeters which come with decent components wont fit in the space provided near the door handle. I saw some components which have the tweeter on the speaker grill itself. So 2 questions!
    1) Some say it affects the sound stage! some say it does not! so which is it?
    2) Which speakers are available which can be fitted like this? in a 4-7k budget (per pair)?

I do not want to fit eh tweeters outside or by making holes in the door panels! Help!
  9. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

I have dont this on my ICE install. It really doesnt make much difference to the sound stage and there are no negative side effects.

I Have Polk audio Components and the tweeters are installed as mentioned. Here's the link to the ICE, it has pictures as well of the install.

10. Prasanna Godugu

Prasanna Godugu Novizio

Need advice on Music Upgrage for my Punto 1.3 Emotion Pack

Hi All,

I am owns a Punto 1.3 Multijet Emotion Pack, i am not much aware of sound technology but a music lover with good bass,i have a few query's regarding upgrading new speakers,amplifier and Woofer. below are my questions.

1) Changing speakers,wiring and adding Amplifier and woofer will affect the warranty of the car?
    2) Can i use existing (default provided by fiat- Blaupunkt system and speakers) and add amplifier and woofer or i need to replace my Blaupunkt system and speakers or retain Blaupunkt system only change speakers ?
    3) I have Woofer from my previous car, can i use it ( attaching photo)?
    4) Any changes to music system and wiring will affect any of the existing features like Blue&Me ?

In case if i need to change Blaupunkt system and speakers , please suggest me some medium level items.
    Anyone from hyderabad user has changed the audio system please let me know so that i can visit your place to see the modifications

Thanks in advance