1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

ICE Considerations

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by johnny, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Guys i pressed CD button twice and i am not getting the AUX Option. Does this means my HU is not AUX enabled. Are their any alrernatived for AUX/USB other than the FM Modulator ?
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Ravi sir, basically the amp stayed powered on as noticed by initial FIAT Linea owners in 2008. This can be sorted out very easily in Emotion owners.
    I am posting 2 pics of the back of the Blau HU below (hope they don't get shuffled while placing inline). 1 is for Emotion variant and the other for emotion pack variant.
    You can see that Emotion HU has free headers at the back. Because there is no steering mounted audio/B&M controls or the Microsoft B&M. The headers/connectors encircled in white can be used to make an Auxillary cable at home for AUX input. The same slot can be used for Amplifier simultaneously with the AUX cable so that the Amp can detect whether the HU is stitched on or off. Thus, the Amp will switch on/off along with the HU which is perfect and easy.
    [attachment=0:23irlw7l]Emotion HU.jpg[/attachment:23irlw7l]

In Emotion pack, these headers are used up because of the connection with Blue&Me and steering controls and thus there is no way we can provide input from HU to amp.
    [attachment=1:23irlw7l]Emotion Pack HU.jpg[/attachment:23irlw7l]
    For Emotion pack owners, the amp will thus stay powered on 24x7 unless:
    1. We create a switch to manually turn it on/off every time we drive our car. Forget to do it once and come back to find a drained up battery.
    2. Give input to amp from some other accessory that turns on/off along with ignition but this may require wire cutting. e.g. Auto Climate control, ignition switch itself. Even in this case, amp will turn on/off with ignition only regardless of the state of the HU. If you are driving with HU turned off, amp will still be powered on (B&M needs it anyways so not an issue really).
    Hope I am able to explain it properly.

58% rotten tomato is nothing, just my regular meaningless sentence I keep posting. Actually Rotten Tomatoes is a movie site just like IMDB where they rate & review the movie. ::V
    http://www.rottentomatoes.com/

Ansal, you have the perfect system bro. I was discussing your ICE with Dr Manraj the other day and we both agree that 555PnP Blau Amp is the best method to ICE. ::T Only that it is not VFM to everyone. We got 4 channel amp for DM's Linea for just Rs2800.
    For some like me who do not want to buy the 555PnP and don't want to end with a grid of wires beneath the carpet, FIGO is the target/aim one should look to achieve. :)

Hi Karan. Total cost was Rs7000. (Rs4500 for JBL comps+Rs2500 for co-axials). 4 Spaces installed were free and so was the labour.
    I am satisfied with the output but my brother (username Blue-and-me at TFI) isn't satisfied with the output as he is now used to listening 6x9 3-way co-axials that play Bass very nicely and M800 sounds as if it is carrying an amp.

Regardless of the AUX appearing after pressing the button twice or not, I would recommend that you ask some local installer to make an AUX cable for the slot I discussed at the top of this post. The one in Chandigarh makes it for Rs200-250. It is worth the risk considering lack of USB/AUX otherwise.

I really wish FIAT leanrs from the owners and starts giving AUX factory fitted.

Emotion Pack HU.jpg

Emotion HU.jpg
    1 person likes this.
  3. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    Great great Work Yashik. Amazing Tutorial and picture presentation. I think this post will always be used by everyone confused with different options.

I was just kiddin about the Figo output. It is really good and am sure ur ICE would be better than that. ::T
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hey Yashi, you have explain clearly, thanks.

One more question, if we use Aux-in slot for AMP, will we loose option to play through Aux-in.
  5. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    No Ravi sir. You won't lose the AUX-In input. ::T
    TFI member drmanraj is currently in Bangalore only. :) His Linea MJD Emotion has both AUX-in and provides input to the amp as well. I haven't checked with my own eyes so can't confirm with 101% certainty but the installer said that he used the same socket for Aux-In as well as amp out.

P.S.- You gave me a new name "Yashi". ::V I have more than 10 names now (Yashik, ashik, Yea Sheikh ::OO , Yakshik, Yaksh, Yash, yashit, Yashnik to name a few). :lol: My name is a bit tricky.
  6. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    @PaddleShifter: Thanks for sharing detailed images. As far as emotion pack connectors are concern the power on amp based on aux out is handled using pnp harness kit and works fine with Blaupunkt pnp amplifiers, for other amplifiers pin no 12 (earth) pin no 16 (power on ignition) has to be used to power on amp based on power supply to head unit.

I hope this helps :)
    1 person likes this.
  7. adutt

adutt Amatore

New Delhi
    Guys....amp has a clearly mentioned feature that it would automatically power on when it detects input from the HU when connected via harness to the high level inputs. Even if it directly powered to the battery...it would not be on unless a signal is detected from the HU. This features works as an on/off switch for the amp.

MIne is connected to the constant power yellow cable in the adapter, but it actually goes on/off with the HU.
  8. Finally my baby has been ICE'd....WIth all your opinions and reviews i have completed the ICE work. It took almost 3 hours to complete the job.....Done the installation from Elegant (Lajpat Nagar) and the installer Mukesh knows his job well....And not to mention those crappy stock speakers (made in poland) are lighter than a bloody screw driver :shocked

Guys i am very much satisified with the output and didn't felt any rattling even as high as Vol 22. Tried all the possible tracks including Eminem and Flo-rida. Specially the song "Low" (which is a heavy bass song and also my favourite) was delivered effortlessly....Believe me it sounds like i have an AMP installed ::D

Speakers:

Front: Rockford Fosgate Prime COMPS 1652-S 2 Way (Rs 5200 with Bill and Warranty)[attachment=2:cgsrl1q8]05022011367.jpg[/attachment:cgsrl1q8]

Rear: Rockford Fosgate Prime 1653 3 Way Co-axials (Rs 2800 with Bill and Warranty)[attachment=1:cgsrl1q8]05022011364.jpg[/attachment:cgsrl1q8]

To set the rear speakers a little bit plastic needs to be cut-off i hope that will not viod the warranty.[attachment=0:cgsrl1q8]05022011365.jpg[/attachment:cgsrl1q8]

I have also ordered the seat covers and will be ready by tomorrow. ::D

Now i have a question.... :anyone . I was really looking forward for the universal arm rest for my car however the guy at the shop advised me NOT to go for it as the plastic is not very solid and usually cracks after sometime. Its cost is around 1000 bugs..Shld i go for it or shld i buy the genuine linea arm rest and get it installed from the Service Station. (Not sure how to install the genuine one)...

05022011367.jpg

05022011364.jpg

05022011365.jpg
  9. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congrats Karan on getting your FIAT ICEd. How was the install? I hope there isn't any rattle etc. when there is bass/beats from the speakers. I am planning to visit some other installer and get the speakers re-fitted/tightened/damped.
  10. The matter of fact is i am experiencing some rattles from the front left speakers. It sounds like something is loose, like a plastic sound. Front right and rears seems to be fine. As I am getting my seat covers today, will ask the instaler to check the speakers again. ::O