1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

ICE bug bites - but not enough moolah :(

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by omzworld, Nov 20, 2011.

1. omzworld

Hi guys,
    I am basically ICE bug bitten. Went to Plant Audio behind BDA complex, Koramangala and the 2 hour session with Kumar was amazing.
    But over all still confused and major reason being budget. I have already spent Rs7.5K in HU (JVC KDR 820BT) and not willing to put more than 12K for speakers.

But at that price even a decent set-up with amp+sub seems impossible. The most basic with lots of compromises reaches 20K.

Fixed till now:
    1> Infinity Ref - 6030cs - Rs7,400(quoted)
    2> Might just go for a 6*9 oval and forget about everything else for now.
    • Which would you suggest in this case?
    • How much of boot space will this approach eat?
    3> How can I do a cheap damping in front? Min budget?

Thanks all guru in advance!
  2. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3

Just go for the Infinity ref speakers for the front, and damp just the front doors - approx cost Rs 7400/= + 3k for damping. Do not fit ovals. Go for a sub later when you have money. With the amp, this setup will sound good. It will also give you a better soundstage.

You could also refer to my thread on ICE considerations.

3. shams

shams Esperto

@omzworld, check out EVO at cambridge layout also. Satya, who owns it is a nice and knowledgable chap!!!
  4. anoop

anoop Superiore

@omzworld - i agree with Johny - as of now, just get the front components and damping done. This is what exactly I am also facing ;) and what I did. now, i plan to go for an amp when I save enough for that, and later, i will add a sub and may be, a rear fill.

Save, and do one thing at a time - if you do that way, you can get better stuff too. For 12k, you can get better stuff like Focal polyglass, so take a look at them too.

Check with Sathya @ Evo - his rates are not always the best, but he is very knowledgeable and the work is good. Another place you can check is Glamour cars (Anoop) - Fellow TFI-ians have done work from him and he gives good prices too.
  5. omzworld

Thanks guys. makes sense to wait a little more for a good setup.
    Component for now is the idea I take!