1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

ICE bug bites - but not enough moolah :(

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by omzworld, Nov 20, 2011.

1. omzworld

omzworld

Hi guys,
    I am basically ICE bug bitten. Went to Plant Audio behind BDA complex, Koramangala and the 2 hour session with Kumar was amazing.
    But over all still confused and major reason being budget. I have already spent Rs7.5K in HU (JVC KDR 820BT) and not willing to put more than 12K for speakers.

But at that price even a decent set-up with amp+sub seems impossible. The most basic with lots of compromises reaches 20K.

Fixed till now:
    1> Infinity Ref - 6030cs - Rs7,400(quoted)
    2> Might just go for a 6*9 oval and forget about everything else for now.
    • Which would you suggest in this case?
    • How much of boot space will this approach eat?
    3> How can I do a cheap damping in front? Min budget?

Thanks all guru in advance!
  2. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @Omzworld,

Just go for the Infinity ref speakers for the front, and damp just the front doors - approx cost Rs 7400/= + 3k for damping. Do not fit ovals. Go for a sub later when you have money. With the amp, this setup will sound good. It will also give you a better soundstage.

You could also refer to my thread on ICE considerations.

Regards
    Johnny
  3. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    @omzworld, check out EVO at cambridge layout also. Satya, who owns it is a nice and knowledgable chap!!!
  4. anoop

anoop Superiore

@omzworld - i agree with Johny - as of now, just get the front components and damping done. This is what exactly I am also facing ;) and what I did. now, i plan to go for an amp when I save enough for that, and later, i will add a sub and may be, a rear fill.

Save, and do one thing at a time - if you do that way, you can get better stuff too. For 12k, you can get better stuff like Focal polyglass, so take a look at them too.

Check with Sathya @ Evo - his rates are not always the best, but he is very knowledgeable and the work is good. Another place you can check is Glamour cars (Anoop) - Fellow TFI-ians have done work from him and he gives good prices too.
  5. omzworld

omzworld

Thanks guys. makes sense to wait a little more for a good setup.
    Component for now is the idea I take!