1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

ICE & Blue&Me Interaction

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by srinath, Jul 2, 2011.

1. srinath

srinath

Bangalore
    Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeee. i am getting my GP 90HP delivery today and the endless sleepless nights are getting finally over dreaming about the car...

Now coming to ICE, I have a music system with me which was used in previous car.. and i didnt want to throw it off..

1. HU : Alpine iDA-x100 + PXA-H100 DSP
    2. JBL C60.4 4 Channel AMP
    3. Pioneer GM-510D Mono AMP
    4. Polkaudio MMC6500
    5. Polkaudio MMC525
    6. Polkaudio MM2124DVC

I will be getting those amp changed to alpine/polk most likely. So now coming to the setup on the new car. couple of questions to the experts

1. Does Blue&Me Work with other HU, Mine has the audio interrupt link and all.
    2. if i cant use the current HU, does somebody know about the factory HU present in GP 90.
    Does it have pre-outs?? if yes how many?
    How is the performance of the Factory HU ??

If you have some install pics please guide me to the right post. Thanks alott for your time...

its 8:22 AM WOKE UP EARLY DINT GET SLEEP THINKING OF THE CAR . FEEL THIS ****in clock is slow its takes hours to reach 10:30.

Happy Driving.

Sri:traffic
  2. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Srinath,

Congrats in advance for the car. You will enjoy it immensely & welcome to TFI. You could introduce yourself later for forum members.

The factory fit HU is either Blaupunkt/Bosch - it is the same model with different badges. It is a pretty decent HU. Many of us are using it with upgraded speakers etc. It does not have a pre-out. So you will have to use a converter and connect the amp from the speaker out.

The factory speakers are bad, and they definitely need to be changed.

If you change the HU, you will lose B&M - I do not think that it is worth losing this facility. In the ICE section you will find details of one member whose installer changed the HU and provided a 'jugad' to make B&M work. You could read through this post if you can find it.

Regards
    Johnny

Mods: This thread could be moved to the ICE section.
  3. srinath

srinath

Bangalore
    Thanks alot... i am starting to love the vehicle even after i drove 10KM.. its an awesome vehicle.. even the thud u hear when you close the door.. is intriguing.

I will try to go thru the ICE section for checking whether my B&M will work with my old HU. thanks again.

Regards,
    Sri:dancing
  4. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi srinath,

The ICE section has a lot of posts, some of which have photos etc.

Go through all the posts. It will help you with your ICE.

Enjoy the Punto.

Regards
    Johnny