1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

i20 petrol or punto petrol - Please Help!!!

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by kb10, Nov 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Believe me I have tested it with DDIS and if you are generous to feed it with its petrol Swift DDIS can any seen on RVM.
    1 person likes this.
  2. nithin.v

nithin.v Amatore

Hi
    I vouch sungoa2010's statement.It has got a more linear power delivery and getting accustomed with gears . Most of the buyers out there didnt get a chance to test drive a punto 1.4. Its totally absent in most of the showrooms for test driving. I bought the car after test driving a linea 1.4. It is a rare species so fans are less...only handful of passionate drivers
    1 person likes this.
  3. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    And by test driving for 3-4 kms in city traffic, one won't get any idea of what is in store in a 1.4. He may even get confused.
    4 people like this.
  4. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    My questions :
    -This is my first car.SO I am not sure how much the factors like excellent driving dynamics in punto or lighter steering in i20 really effects
    A. Being first car why have you zeroed in on only two brands for your budget 6.5 l you have ample options in petrol segment.. first prepare your requirements then decide
    1. how much distance you will be covering in it every day?
    2. Will you be doing more often Outstation trips or only city drive?
    3. It will be only you who will be driving the car or any body else also will do?
    4. A Petrol head will have shorter service visits compared to Diesel

- what will be the cost of ownership for both the cars in terms of FE & maintenance
    A. Hyundai costs a bomb in your pocket believe me..i owned a santro but its the same for all models.. parts are bit costlier than the other counter part..

- 1.2 Dynamic petrol version does not have ABS.
    A. I think Dynamic has ABS equipped no air bags

- which one would you enjoy in terms of driving as well as passenger ( in terms of comfort ,pleasure and space)
    A. Punto is a pleasure to drive and have good feedback from the passenger segment also..

Any Ways its always a adventure buying a first car.. Good luck buddy!
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2012
  5. kb10

kb10 Amatore

Pune
    Hi All
    Thanks again for your wonderful inputs.It has really helped a lot.After much thought Iam deciding on 1.2 petrol dynamic version. Iam sure many of you had suggested better options for multijet or jazz.I had already stretched my budget to 6.5 lacs just because of i20.I do understand that Jazz definitely makes a better sense at 7 lacs.
    But because of the long waiting period and no discounts made me go against it.
    Now coming back - it seems 1.2 dynamic for me.
    THe dealer quoted me on road price of INR 593986
    free insurance - 16019
    corporate discount - 3000
    blue or red color - 5000( I might go for wine red)
    total price after discount - 569967

Can I negotiate more? He just hinted that he can try for accessories woth 2500 free (mud flaps and mats)
    Iam looking for more cash discounts.What are the other things I can push for apart from cash discounts.
    Iam looking with Pandit auto ( aundh- near parihar chowk) in Pune.Any experiences with them so far????

Thanks Again
  6. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Just go for the Punto Its VFM with a Smile....
    just take the i20 and the Punto on a test drive on the same patchy and curves, and feel the difference,
    i20 has more cosmetic things, but on highway drive its very scary to negotiate a curve...

Anyone having hyundia/maruti will take you go for i20
    People who drive FIAT will tell you that its a great strong car, but lacks ASS, which is now improving in a fast track.
  7. kb10

kb10 Amatore

Pune
    HI,many thanks for all your suggestions.After much thought I will be going for 1.2 dynamic petrol.I had already overstreached my budget to 6.5k initially considering i20 in mind.Another 50k for Jazz and that too waiting for 2-3 months is bit more for me.
    Although I unverstand that that would make sense.
    COming back,the petrol 1.2 version,Iam getting free insurance(16k) + corporate discount (3k)+red or white color(5k).That gives me the onroad price of 1.2 Dynamic version to 5.74 lacs.
    Is there anything on which I can bargain on?The dealer does not seem to offer any cash discount.He hinted of free accessories ( mat & mud flaps) worth 2500/-
    Can I push for something else as well?
    Iam dealing with Pandit automotive (Aundh -parihir chowk) - Pune.Any experiences on dealing with him?
    3 people like this.
  8. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Did you check the price of Punto diesel Active?
  9. red? exotic red isn't a premium colour. And wine red isn't there. the name is tuscan wine, maybe you meant that by red.

- - - Merged Post - - -

they could give you discounts on reverse parking sensors and paint protection.
  10. @kb10

My suggestion is to go with used car (any make - Maruti will be better), use for some time and sell it than you clearly understand your requirements, so buy next time and save the money.

Punto Petrol is good option, but if you want to switch / sell, Resell value might hurt you. If you like Punto, search used Petrol One and save money.

Maruti New cars are waste to buy... they change the shape like frog .. and 3 pot engines (No experience)

Other better Option >> Buy New Punto MJD, if you stick for New Car.

All the best..
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.