1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

i20 petrol or punto petrol - Please Help!!!

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by kb10, Nov 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I second ramjn's suggestion. Honda Jazz followed by Punto. As per Sail U-VA, I'm yet to see it. I think if I was buying a petrol car in this league, my confusion won't feature i20 with punto, but a Jazz with punto. But use all your observation, Jazz may not be that roomy as it looks like. I would suggest Jazz, as the difference between Punto Dynamic and Emotion variants in petrol is huge, of course, Emotion got the 1.4 engine.

I might be adding to your confusion, but Jazz has the 1.2 Petrol Engine, almost the same as Punto dynamic. But i think there is a good 50 K difference between the top models, favouring the Jazz. Looking at the mid variants, I think Punto scores heavily over Jazz. Jazz is wider and taller, but the Ground Clearance could be awful.

I think, after looking at things in detail, if you are planning for under 6.5K, you could buy the mid variants of either Punto or Jazz. Both top models out of the question.

> Looking at the mid variants, viz. the GP Dynamic and Jazz Select, I think you ought to go for the Punto Dynamic which costs a whopping 1 Lakh lesser than Jazz.

> If you're looking at the top models, I think you should go for Jazz X (i believe that's the top end model) over Punto 1.4 Emotion. Of Course, setting aside all other considerations like Engine capacity, roominess, interiors etc.
  2. nithin.v

nithin.v Amatore

If you ride punto 1.4 and Jazz for 50+kms . you can feel the difference. Punto 1.4 is ecstasy :D . from diving to superconsicous. please test dive 1.4..Popular belief is always with Jazz.
  3. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    Grande Punto 1.3
    recently i helped out my friend for buy of his first car(initially petrol), he was much concentrated on the budget rather the type of fuel, ofcourse petrol with lesser price.
    Started with petrol Hyundai i10 then chevy beat after hammering his head then he switched over to diesel,, punto was never in his mind nor my mind considering his budget,so finally ended up with Ford Figo diesel mid variant also geting gift hamper of panasonic home theatre.
    Today he is very much happy for the buy of diesel car from petrol .Taps his pocket twice :D .

if its your first car i suggest you to give a thought on fuel-type :)
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Let us know why you decided to buy only from Punto and i20 Petrol.
    What is the average driving you expect?

Punto 1.2 is not a great choice, so as i20 petrol.
    i20 has very poor AC and Hyundai cars are normally expansive to maintain.

If its has to be Petrol, see no less than 1.4L Punto. Or other good choice in my mind would be between Jazz and Swift, both engine and cars are excellent.
    1 person likes this.
  5. sreedhara_bj

sreedhara_bj Amatore

1) Jazz has very soft suspension, even at driver seat u can feel that. You can't settle down at the back seat, u'l feel smallest humps also. For longer drives, its not good compared to Punto.
    2) Punto 1.4 also gives very good mileage(identical to those 1.2's of Jazz and i20). Only problem is, its very difficult to drive in economy mode :p
    3) If roads are curvy or quite bad, both jazz and i20 are not comparable to Punto's comforts.
    1 person likes this.
  6. hpmadan

hpmadan Timido

I20 is no where comparable to punto in terms for driving dynamics, excellant road handling, ride comfort and steering feedback, as i have driven both cars,while driving an punto at higher speed i feel that confidence, which is not present in i20 i feel bit scary at higher speeds because for electronic steering which very light and feels as if the steering is disconnected.
    And also lookwise and the build quality, punto scores higher compared i20 and also for all hatcback segments. for eg try opening and closing doors of both i20 and punto you feel an thud sound in punto (that reminds the build quality) compared to i20 which is very light in build quality.
    And also Hyundains are not good in building cars which are good in dynamics,road handling and ride quality , even it may be verna or elantra these cars lacks road handling.

Better go for punto dynamic diesal as compared to petrol
    1 person likes this.
  7. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

what i want to mention has already been discussed by other members.

service cost - i own a santro and it cost between 2-4k. so i20 would be between 4-7 or more..

this debate will go on.. better u take a test drives... a long one.. both in city and highways...then decide..
    the car u love the most to drive pick it..
    1 person likes this.
  8. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

Closed your Eyes and Buy Punto 1.4.....Your never regret....( Note: Punto 1.4 having little less milege compare to other petrol car..except Polo 1.6..which is discontinue now )
    ( Book car in Dec month.....You will get max Discount )
    1 person likes this.
  9. sungoa2010

I have compared my Punto 1.4 with verna, Etios and sunny. There is a huge difference in comfort between punto and rest of the other cars.
    If one ask me why make this comparison they are in different class my question is what decide class ? Is it price? interior plastics , size
    According to me none of this. Class is defined by comfort that a car provides and Punto is far ahead all of others. Please go with punto 1.4. It will definitely take one above all class tat are available on budget. Since I compared with sedans there is no need to take i20 for comparison with punto. Please consider punto 1.4 instead of 1.2. Service cost will be almost same.
  10. nobrakes

I own a Punto 1.2 Emotion (2011). Done almost 10K Kms, including a trip to goa. Sure the 1.4 is a little more powerful, but the 1.2 is no slug. It all depends on your driving style. If i want to get away 1st from a traffic light, I know how to use the power available to me. Agreed, Fiat interiors are not as good as hyundais, but i would not trade in my middle of the range 1.2 punto for the top of the line I20! The driving pleasure that Fiat gives you is hard to beat. I've driven many cars and can say that the handling, dynamics, steering feedback is AWESOME in a Fiat. You've got to weigh the pros and cons of each after you do a couple of test drives. If Fiat is around in 2-3 yrs in India (fingers crossed), then my next car is going to be a Fiat too.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.