1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

I20 CRDi vs Punto MJD

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Balu Chandra S, Mar 11, 2016.

1. Balu Chandra S

Balu Chandra S Novizio

Trivandrum
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Recently drove the Hyundai i20 CRDi. To be honest I felt "nice". It's power delivery is good. It's Rev free and I felt it is more refined than the MJD, and an added advantage of 6th gear. Forget about the steering , it's like a game wheel !! Also the main advantage about i20 is it's acceleration and it reaches 100 quickly. Also the gear box is slick and accurate.

My point here is: One who is not an enthusiast, test drives an i20 and Punto, he will surely likes the i20 for its lighter steering and better acceleration. Also the additional accessories available in i20 will add on. With a normal test drive one could not identify the USPs of Punto. Since I own a Punto I clearly knows the strengths of Punto.

Could anyone who drove i20 extensively, please comment about its pros and cons. And also the areas where Punto excels i20.

My background: I previously owned a Swift VDi and now changed to Punto 1.3 MJD Active. I just fall in love with Punto. I am excited every time I drive my car :)
    I would really wish Fiat to sell more cars and establish more showrooms in a city. Fiat cars are not getting the acceptance it really deserves.
  2. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Your are spot on my friend. i20 diesel does have a sweet engine, excellent 6-speed gearbox that gives it a great straight line acceleration and is a hit for a non-enthusiast. No wonder it sells in great numbers. But Punto would trump i20 in in-gear acceleration and would be way more fun on the highway and twisties beacause of the known reasons. Although, the i20 elite has become better in terms of handling when compared to its predecessor, its still not a match for Punto. On the positive side i20 is a well built car when compared to its other Asian counterparts, but again not in the league of the Italian.