1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

I think used car sold as new

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by Aviator, Nov 17, 2012.

1. Ohk..it fits..didnt check practically,but the radius is almost same,give or take a few mm's...
  2. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

The Sports is exactly the same as any other Punto, save for the VGT, different ECU map and the visual bits. Wonder how and why you would think Fiat would alter the body just to fit a smaller spare wheel!! Illogical.

Sent from my Micromax A110 using Tapatalk 2
  3. Aviator

Aviator Amatore

Delhi / Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Exactly, I too don't think that Fiat would alter the body just to fit a smaller spare wheel.
  4. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    I too think the same. But would not harm to double check, would it? No need to even try fitting a real wheel. Someone just open the boot and confirm if there is at least 3 cm gap between the boot carpet and the top of the existing 165/80 R14 spare and that would put all doubts to rest.

Rajan
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
  5. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I have earlier suggested to check it in a tyre shop. No need for it, as we can check at home itself, jack up the car and remove one wheel and check whether it fits in the spare wheel well or protrudes out bit into the boot.

I think it fits well because when we remove the spare wheel and fit it in the place of regular wheel. Anyway we have to put the regular wheel into the spare wheel well. So, I think fiat did not reduced the size of the spare wheel well of fit only a small profile tyre.

But, it is better to check as there is no harm in checking before investing our hard earned money rather than going by speculation.
  6. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

In this case, its a thin line between speculation and common sense. ;)
  7. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    This was once extensively discussed here and he already put a linea rim n new tire in that !! The new google search in TFI is far better.. Use it ! ;)
    http://www.teamfiat.co.in/tyres-alloys/7663-punto-sport-spare-stepney-size-14-a.html
    This cost cutting measure was introduced with the launch of sport.. Pathetic from the side of fiat, when they were giving 15" spare wheel for the cheaper emotion variant !!
    Just for fact, IT is Very difficult to alter the floor design of car, especially in case of our manufacturer, who is not even altering a panel, even with 2 subsequent upgraded models in 2012 !!:p . Hence the wheel well wont be changed in dimension unless there is a change in overall platform of the car !
    1 person likes this.
  8. raj29

raj29 Superiore

If am correct then the Punto 90HP (2012) and Sports variant are same except for the visual stickering etc. Mine is a 2012 Punto 90 HP and i got a 15inch spare, also i have purchased the 5th Alloy for spare. So my spare is a fullsize alloy with 15inch rubber on it and it fits perfectly. I dont see any issue !!
  9. Aviator

Aviator Amatore

Delhi / Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Dude for how much did you get the spare alloy and 195/60 tyre??? And for how much did you sell the steel wheel and tyre???