1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

I think used car sold as new

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by Aviator, Nov 17, 2012.

1. Aviator

Aviator Amatore

Delhi / Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Can anyone give me a rough estimate about exchanging my one totally unused 165/80 14" spare wheel against one Punto OEM 15" allow wheel with 195/60????

Cheers
  2. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    don't buy an alloy, instead buy a 15 inch Linea steel rim.
    with that the cost would be:
    new tyre: around 4.5- 5k
    rim: around 900
    old tyre: you can get atleast 2k for this but try to negotiate more as new one costs 2800-2900 i believe
    old rim: i dont think u will get anything, maybe 200..
  3. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    I maybe totally off the mark here, but can someone check if a 15" 195/60 wheel will actually fit in the spare wheel well? The provision of skinny spare wheel does not actually save enough to justify / qualify as a cost cutting measure. I have seen multiple cars abroad that come with similar spare wheels, that will suffice to get one to the nearest tyre outlet, as the wheel well would be shallow and will not fit a full sized spare.

Rajan
  4. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Well, my Punto has a 15 inch 195 section tyre as spare in the spare wheel well.
  5. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Could someone who bought the latest Sport version which came with 165/80 R14 spare, double check and confirm?

Rajan
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2012
  6. Already verified with the remaining sports owners,its the same 165/80 R14...:confused
  7. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    No baba. I am asking you to confirm if a 195/60 R15 wheel will fit the spare wheel well. I have a suspicion that the spare wheel well in boot of the Sport version is shallower.

Rajan
  8. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @W. Arnab

Patchy boy is asking to check whether the spare wheel well of the latest sports version can accommodate the 15 Inch 195/60 wheel. To check go to any tyre shop unload the spare supplied and put a 195/60R15 tyre into the spare wheel well and see whether it sits there properly or not.

@Patchy boy
    we both seems to be clicked the reply button same time but you typed fast.
  9. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Since the car is already bought and being used its best for emotional satisfaction that your fried does not look back and drive it with happiness...
    (Even with rough abuse FIAT engines dont falter , so in the worst case your friend will find face issues withing 2 yrs and he can get any part replaced without worry under warranty, should the need arise)

But here are a few suggestions from my end.
    No matter how good a car is made please do a thorough PDI before buying even if the car is FIAT, BMW or AUDI.
    Never accept anything unless you are either 100% sure of its authenticity or your 100% happy with the explanations given .

'H' can also disappear under this condition.
    Quote from PDI
    And its not just about how much the car is driven but how its driven in that time span that matters as well..
    So it doesn't matter what the sales guy says its always best to buy a car with 'H' on it , even if it has done 199kms . At least your sure that only 199kms has been done.

In your favor
    What is the car color?
    In general (at least what I've seen) most of the test drive cars are
    Punto : BNW, Red, gray
    Linea : BNW, TW, (Gray sometimes not seen many).

SO if you dont have the above mentioned color then there is a good chance it Might not be a TD vehicle.
    These are some of the things you can tell your friend to comfort him and that's all there is to be done..

Please do a proper PDI from next time, whatever the car might be.
  10. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    :D :D

Diameter wise, it should fit as the rolling radius of 195/60 R15 is a bit more than 2 mm less. However the thickness is a good 30 mm more, hence the doubt. In all discussions about this, I can only see everyone attributing this to cost cutting. I could not find any post about someone actually upsizing the spare to 195/60 R15. Thought it might be worthwhile to check this first, so one does not spend hard earned money only to end up with a protruding spare, making the boot unusable.

Rajan