1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

I think used car sold as new

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by Aviator, Nov 17, 2012.

1. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    you read something wrong it seems. check it again, it would be 165/80 R14 tyre which is stock on current active/dynamic puntos. these tyres have a max speed rating of 'S' or 180 kmph. So looks like you missed to notice '1' from '180'.

However it is indeed a cost cutting measure not to have 195/60 as spare!
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  2. yea you are right its 165/80,but the speed limit mentioned is indeed 80kmph..Theres a big orange sticker,and its hard to miss actually..
  3. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Should be. How do you expect a car to be stable and handle normally while three wheels are on fat 195 section 15 inch tyres and one on a puny 165 that too of 14 inches? Good that they have pasted a warning in the interest of safety.

But why the cost cutting?

Sent from my Micromax A110 using Tapatalk 2
  4. I really didnt understand the cost cutting method,as Fiat is giving 15 inch spare wheels to 75hp emotion models still now,but why in the top end model this policy?
    :confused
  5. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Okay, so that must be a sticker provided by Fiat for usage along with the other fatter tyres! The manufacturer specified speed limit for a tyre of this profile is 180 (indicated by an S mark) which is obviously when 3 similar tyres are used.
  6. Aviator

Aviator Amatore

Delhi / Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Are you sure about this???? I think they have stopped giving 15 inch spare wheels on all 2012 models....
  7. If that would have been the case we would have read about it on this forum,only Sports owners have to bear the brunt...1.4 emotion owner,@amargawde confirmed he got spare 15 inch spare..
  8. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Since the 1.4 Punto is a slow seller, he must have got a pre May 2012 model and hence the 15 inch spare. I remember my sales guy telling me that from the next month you will get only a 14 inch wheel even for the top trim level for the 75HP, when i got mine in April.
  9. Is it?Well my SA was full of stories hardly related to cars...:evilsmile

My car is may manufactured,wonder why I didnt get lucky:confused
  10. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Well I think I was not clear. Pre may models meaning cars manufactured till april, no?

Try exchanging the 14 inch at a tyre shop for a good price and get piexe of mind. But oh; even the rim should be exchanged.