1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

I think used car sold as new

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by Aviator, Nov 17, 2012.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I have not yet seen any Punto or Linea with disconnected Odo. I even doubt if that would be possible. Not sure though.

I have seen a Linea with H 11 but the Trip A reading more than that of the actual odo reading.
  2. If the odo is reset before 200 kms,the H symbol goes away...Tried on my car..:cool:

By this way a owner during pdi can ensure the car odo has not been tampered with...
  3. Aviator

Aviator Amatore

Delhi / Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Today i noticed a sticker on spare tyre of both of our cars saying "Do not exceed speed 80 Km/h" and also the tyre is not 195/60, its 165/65. Considering the price of Punto Sport (About Rs.8 Lac), Fiat should avoid such cost cuttings.
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2012
  4. Aviator

Aviator Amatore

Delhi / Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Today i entered the Temp. no. and chassis no. on RTA website but it showed "No Details of the Vehicle". I have many times seen that websites of government departments in North India are not as technically advanced as South India.

But after reading many comments i now learned that all the issues are normal and we are totally satisfied with the car.

Cheers
  5. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    I don't remember the limit to be 200 or 250 kms, but if we assume 200 kms, here are the scenario's:

1. Dealer did not reset the ODO. Car runs 200 kms & Dealer resets the ODO @ 200kms exactly. H goes away, km reading becomes 0 and the car then runs for 13 kms on ODO. So, in totality, car has run for 200+13 = 213 kms.
    2. Dealer resets the ODO at 100 kms, H goes away, ODO become 0. The car then runs for 13 kms. So, total becomes 100+13= 113 kms.

Unless Dealer had disconnected ODO cable, the car would not have run more than 213 kms maximum.
  6. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    From my understanding,

If dealer resets the ODO before 200 Kms. the H mark will disappear and odo will start counting from zero again.

If dealer does not reset H mark disappears on it own when odo crosses 200 Kms.

What ramjn says is how could we know how many times the dealer has reseted the odo.

I hope I understand it correctly and also make it clear to you.

Is there any limit regarding how many times ODO can be reset?

If there is one then we can rest assured that maximum the car had run 213 Kms.
  7. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore

The ODO can be reset only once. In this case, if the ODO was showing 13 kms without the H, then the maximum the car could have run is 213 kms. If the ODO was reset manually, before 200 kms, then the car has run lesser than 213 kms. Once the ODO reaches 200 km mark and the H disappears on its own, it is not possible to reset the ODO.

Rajan
  8. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    ODO can be reset'ed only once that too only before 200 kms. That's why the maximum that this car could have run is 213 kms.
  9. Aviator

Aviator Amatore

Delhi / Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Today i noticed a sticker on spare tyre of both of our cars saying "Do not exceed speed 80 Km/h" and also the tyre is not 195/60, its 165/65. Considering the price of Punto Sport (About Rs.8 Lac), Fiat should avoid such cost cuttings.
  10. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    The car will first have the Trade Certificate when it moves from the yard to the dealership and then the temp registration comes in to picture. So the 2 stickers of TC/TR does not matter much.

The rest I would not like to comment.