1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

I think used car sold as new

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by Aviator, Nov 17, 2012.

1. cannonera

cannonera Amatore

Bangalore
    Have a close look at the tyres. Any wear & tear is easily noticeable.
    For new tyres, their surface has Rubbery spikes . If spikes are present on the tyres, they haven't been used much. If they are absent, then there is quite a possibility that the car has been driven for at least 100Km.
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I will read the posts later as I can not prevent myself from commenting after reading the opening post.

None of the things mentioned above can tell with reasonable proof that the car is second hand.

Two temporary number stickers is absolutely normal. They normally paste these while driving the car from the stockyard to the dealership.

Scratches etc are normal.

My car didn't have any "H" on the odo either at the time of delivery. The latest PDI checklist mentions this fact that absence of "H" does not mean that the car has been driven. The presence of "H" guarantees that the odo is exactly what it was at the factory.
    1 person likes this.
  3. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    I do not think any of the issues mentioned by you are alarming.

Regarding the registration number, each car is normally allocated a trade certificate. It must have been the trade certificate. Also, it is quite possible that the wrong number was printed on the earlier sticker and hence a new sticker was applied. It happens sometimes. I would suggest to enjoy the car and stop worrying about such minor details
  4. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    VIN shows car is manufactured in Apr'12

ODO shows 13 km though H is not visible. That means the car could have run 250+13 = 263 kms max

All pointers suggests that thee does not seem to be an issue of 2nd hand/ used car. Ask your friend to relax, forget it and just enjoy the ride. He'll love it !!
  5. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Each car don not have a trade certificate number but each dealer have a trade certificate number against which he will run the new cars to and fro from stock yard to show room or from one show room to another if he has multiple showrooms.
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2012
  6. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Isn't it 200+13 = 213 kms?

Rajan
  7. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I second patchyboy it is 200+13.
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    If the Odo shows 13 without 'H', it is really difficult to say the exact number of Kms. run.
    The 'H' automatically goes off once the odo touches 200 KM. But, the odo can be reset once by the dealer before 200 and the H remains. If the 'H' itself has disappeared and the odo is at 13. This is pointing to discrepancy.
  9. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    has anyone seen TD car with its Odo disconnected?
    i am asking this because a dealer once informed me that all cars that are received from the factory have their Odo's disconnected.
  10. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @ramjn

What you pointed out seems logical.
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2012