1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

I think used car sold as new

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by Aviator, Nov 17, 2012.

1. Aviator

Aviator Amatore

Delhi / Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I bought my Punto Sport almost a month ago and after test driving my Punto my friend changed his mind from Swift Vdi and he too booked Punto Sport on 3rd November and got delivery on 14th November through HIM Motors (Managed by Concorde Motors), Peera Garhi, New Delhi. At the time of delivery i couldn't accompany my friend as i was out of town. The sales executive called him at 5PM for delivery. He reached the showroom on time and did all the paper work. Around 6PM he did some basic pre-delivery inspection but it was quite dark outside that's why he could not check car from outside in detail. He finally took delivery of the car at 6:30PM and drove it home.

But today i saw his car and found following issues:-

1) There is one more temporary registration no. sticker underneath the current temp. registration sticker. We can see it clearly and i was also able to read the old temp. registration no. as the sticker is quite transparent. Can a brand new car have two temporary registrations??

2) At the time of delivery my friend noted that the car showed 13 KM on the odometer but the "H" was not present before the reading.

3) The front bumper have two very minor scratches and have some white paint on them (tried to patch up). The bumper also shows some signs that the car has not been handled carefully while parking (also been tried to patch up through white paint). You cannot see these scratches even in day light but when you bend down and look closer they are clearly visible.

4) One minor scratch on glove box.

5) The car rattles sometimes.

6) Windshield have 2-3 tiny marks on them like someone dropped very tiny drops of fewi-quick. It feels very rough ans is hard to remove, very difficult to see though.

Now what you guys say??

I drove the car and the driving is perfect, just like a new car. I know that it's my friend's mistake by not doing inspection carefully but he is just 19 years old does not know much about paper work, his parents lives in Gujrat and by chance none of his friends were available on the delivery date and the dealer gave the delivery at 6PM, which is quite dark for doing a body inspection.

Now our main issue is that how can a brand new car have two temp. registrations?? Before talking to the dealer i just want to take advice from fellow members.
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2012
  2. vishnu's

vishnu's Amatore

about the temp registration. I am not sure about the validity period of a temp registration, but the first one might have got expired.

minor scratches are normal in a car kept in stockyard.

and other things you mentioned are not so serious issue.

Ask your friend to forget all these minor things and enjoy the ride.
  3. vivekrj.dieselhead

vivekrj.dieselhead Regolare

delhi
    I think vishnu's is correct and your friend should have to check it before delivery though these are minor issues get them resolved and enjoy the ride. I am also in delhi(yamuna vihar). Lets catch up soon.
  4. One thing I would like to ask what is the manufacturing month/year for the car by decoding the VIN,as well as the windows...
    1 person likes this.
  5. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    you can try the respective state rta website and can know the details of previous registration number like name of the owner, chasis number, engine number.
  6. Aviator

Aviator Amatore

Delhi / Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    According to VIN the car has been manufactured in April 2012.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Dude i don't think RTA website can give details of temporary registration. They are helpful to track permanent registrations, correct me if i am wrong.
  7. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    In our state rta website when we give the permanent registration number it gives the details like owner name vehicle details like make model colour, engine no., chasis no., and previous regn. no. i.e. temporary registration number and I think your state rta site will also provide the same information.

I think the first registration number you see is dealer trade certificate number which is used to get the vehicle from their dealership situated in other town/city to your selling dealership.

If the dealer is operating more than one city and customer asks for a colour and the vehicle with the colour choice is in other town then they take this vehicle to other town with their trade certificate number pasted on and get the colour choice of the vehicle in other town and get the vehicle required to this town. In our place, it is common to paste the dealer trade certificate no. to a vehicle and take it to other town and the same sticker is removed and pasted to other vehicle and the other vehicle and get it this town and delivers it to customer. I think the same happened to you but they have pasted temporary number on the trade certificate number with out removing it.
  8. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Car already bought and fully paid for. Belongs to a friend of yours, who either is not a member here, or could not be bothered asking these questions himself. I wonder why bother so much about these minor details. What exactly is going to change, even if all of us tell you "Yes it is a (ab)used car and your friend got taken for a ride"?

Just ask him to get behind the wheels and enjoy the car.

Rajan
  9. Aviator

Aviator Amatore

Delhi / Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Sure, i will PM you when i come to Shahdara next time. My friend stays there and i visit him quite often.
  10. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    At least, he is able to know the fact.