1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

I think its the old palio days again!!!!! chennai EDIT: solved

Discussion in 'Technical' started by jayakrishnakola, May 16, 2011.

1. jayakrishnakola

jayakrishnakola Regolare

Bangalore

yupp will sure upload
  2. airfoil

airfoil Novizio

Secunderabad
    I suggest you consider using after-market brake pads, made by TVS, Endurance etc. (there's a popular brand but the name eludes me) the next time you need brake pads. The cost is a fraction of OE and performance is comparable as well.
  3. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    well that is a news..

can you be more elaborate ? relaiability ..warrenty issues??
  4. airfoil

airfoil Novizio

Secunderabad
    TVS and Endurance etc. are OE suppliers of brake pads to most of the manufacturers. There may be other lower grade stuff from others, but I for one have used pads from TVS on my Palio GTX and cannot tell the difference. There is no rocket science involved and if TVS can supply brake pads that go into a Honda/Toyota/Suzuki, then I dont see why they cannot be considered good enough for a Fiat as well.

On warranty - I cannot comment. If I were to use replacement brake pads from a reputed manufacturer more so because FGP parts aren't available in the showroom, then I believe that is justification enough.

My recommendation is to stick with Fiat supplied 'genuine spares' as far as possible though, especially during the warranty period.
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Stick to genuine parts.

When the warranty expires, then start aftermarket adventures.

Gurjinder.

P.S Are aftermarket pads for the Punto and Linea even available?
  6. jayakrishnakola

jayakrishnakola Regolare

Bangalore
    TVS still manufactures pads for the palio and uno, but i dont think they do for linea and punto.
    the last time i changed the full set of brakes in my palio were made from TVS both front and back. got them in pudhupet chennai
  7. hillram

hillram

Hyderabad
    + 1.I recently changed the brake pads of my Uno and I was surprised to see that TVS makes them.
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    It is TVS-Girling and they manufacture a lot of good quality parts.

At the moment our Palio D has the following aftermarket TVS-Girling parts in it -

-Brake booster
    -Brake pads
    -Clutch slave & master cylinder both

But dont think they're as yet producing for the Linea and Punto
  9. jayakrishnakola

jayakrishnakola Regolare

Bangalore
    well where KHT motors told me that these were the ones coming on TJET, concord told me that they changed the design of all the fiat's brakes and even punto is coming with this design.

IMG_0200.jpg

IMG_0207.jpg

IMG_0202.jpg

IMG_0203.jpg
  10. Do any aftermarket brake pad exist for Punto/Linea,please share any details you have I may need one in 2-3K Kms.