1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

I think its the old palio days again!!!!! chennai EDIT: solved

Discussion in 'Technical' started by jayakrishnakola, May 16, 2011.

1. jayakrishnakola

jayakrishnakola Regolare

Bangalore
    :mad::mad::mad:
    i faced a lot of problem when i used the palio 1.9 D back during the period 2005 -2010. sometimes the car used to be in the service centers for about 1.5 - 2 months. now i own a linea mjd emp, ive done about 26800kms on the odo in 4 months. my front brakes are as thick as a CD now and im desperate for the want of spares. right now im in vellore ( student in VIT) i just went to chennai ( being the closest place where TASC is available) yesterday, to my surprise fiat linea spares are not available in VST motors on anna road opp spencer plaza. and also in TAFE REACH in greams road. i come back all the way to vellore not crossing 60 on the speedo and trying my best not to brake hard and with all the same dissapointment i had during my palio days.

one of my friend stays in ambathur so i asked hom to check with concord motors ambathur if atleast they had, even they gave a negative response. chennai being a city where you do find a good number of lineas and puntos, there is no availability of the most wanted spare.
    amazing i tell you guys.

its again the old palio days, now im making up lies to tell my dad that the work is done and fiat is not like before just for the reason that i made him buy a linea when he was going for a skoda laura.

im trying my luck in bangalore tomorrow, first im gonna make some calls and then shoot.

but fiat really made me very low yesterday:(:(:(
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2011
  2. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Disappointing. What are the parts you are trying to source ?

Brake pads and brake discs ?
  3. jayakrishnakola

jayakrishnakola Regolare

Bangalore
    only the pads alone (front)
  4. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Brake pad availability should not be a problem in Bangalore. I got my brake pads replaced sometime back at Concorde motors, Diary Circle. They were readily available then.
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Baffling , to say the least. That they dont have the front pads in stock.

Did you enquire when did they place an order for these pads to FIAT. And how much delay has there been from order to delivery?

It can also be a case of inventory mis-management being passed on as a fault of FIAT.

Gurjinder.
  6. kailashnj

kailashnj Amatore

Mumbai
    Brake pads are easily available. Infact they stock brake rotors and pads due to thefact that they recommend changing in every service you go to them. I am sure you should be able to find or else let me know I can courier it to you there.

Though try the concorde motors first as that should help.

Kailash
  7. jayakrishnakola

jayakrishnakola Regolare

Bangalore
    well i finally got the brake pads in bangalore concorde motors dairy circle. but the find wasnt as easy as it was.

first i call up KHT motors in kundalahally to make sure they have the stock, and then i start from vellore by 7am and keept calling KHT to keep a slot fixed on my cars number since 8am using the blue and me. finally the response comes at 9am where i asked them to reserve a slot for my car. they were kind enough and asked me if i could be there by 10:30 am for which i said i could be there. after having breakfast at sai krishna inn at shoolagiri hp fuel station, i leave to bangalore. i reached bangalore by 9:45am and to my surprise silk board junction was packed with polititions and their chamchas, due to which i reached KHT by 11:45 am. i go to the reception and ask her abt my position, she asked me to buy the spare first, which i did.
    the bill was 2699 rs i swiped it with my debit card. and then by the time the service advisor took the car it was 1 pm and was lunch time. i asked them to do it after their lunch itself and i also went to have my lunch.

i return back by 3:30 pm to dicover a new secret. apparently my mjd linea has the brake callipers of linea tjet that are different from the normal linea mjds.and these are the new type of brake pads that fit into this callipers. even i saw the difference in the pads, it was quite significant. now i get really angry for all that has happened, fiat changes stuff like this and doesnt supply the spares, amazing.

the SA mr vinod tells me that my linea is the very first mjd that has come to KHT for a brake pad change. wow what a nice thing to be first at.

now i pesture him somuch to make calls throught bangalore to find the spare, he finally found that concorde at diary circle has the spare in stock and by the time the old pads were fixed and my card swipe was cancelled, it was 4:20 pm, i shoot off towards diary circle from whitefield and i reach there by 5:15 pm.

there the service advisor tried to make a bay free to work with my linea, but alas he couldnt, so he asked me to find mr, JP who is incharge of emergency service, but to my bad luck couldnt find him even at his bay till 6:40 pm.

nice way to spend time.

now i get really really angry and i barged into the service department where the receptionist and few other concord ppl were sitting and started shouting at them and i finally made up my mind to just buy the spare as it was available and have not replaced it yet.

tomorrow im getting it replaced in vellore vijay sales and service(tata) with whom i already spoke this evening and confirmed the job to be done tomorrow including the bleeding of the brake hoses.

though i am a die hard fan for fiat, i dont find any guilt in saying this but i do really think people are clever enough in choosing other sedans in this segment. they dont have to have all these tensions.

and now that verna fluidic has been raleased and that i have also test driven the car, im really scared for linea's sales.

hoping no other fiatian faces such problem in future

BTW the new pads cost rs 2990/-
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2011
  8. gurjinder

Punjab
    Sounds like a tough day.

What month manufacture is your MJD Linea? And from when on did the MJD Linea start wearing calipers of the TJET or is yours a one off case. Did the KHT people tell this ?

Interesting find i must say.

Plus, did KHT motors had no prior info from FIAT regarding the change in the calipers of the MJD Linea ? Or were they feigning ignorance?

Gurjinder.
  9. jayakrishnakola

jayakrishnakola Regolare

Bangalore
    i think its december manfc must check again, but i got the car on dec 27th 10'.
    this is the new set of callipers that are coming for puntos from 2011 too.
    KTH ppl told me abt them being TJET's calipers but i personelly saw the TJET through the alloy and it was the same, i could make it out with the two tiny projections of the two pads over the caliper.

KHT just knew that TJET had changed ones and had ordered 4 pairs of them last week. they dint know that MJDs now are coming that way.
  10. gurjinder

Punjab
    It'll be helpful if you can post some pics of the 'changed' pads. Or even better if you can post a pic of the old pad with the new ' changed' pad tomorrow, when you get them replaced.