1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

I need advice !!

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Saumya, Dec 9, 2014.

1. Saumya

Saumya Amatore

mumbai
    hi guys

Recently i got my wheel balanced and the Issue Started:
    There is a " KhatKhat " type noise that would come from the left tyre specially when you hit sudden bumps and not all.

I got it checked by Local Mechanics and am told that the Bushes of the Lower Arm needs to be replaced and the other told me that even the linkage has PLAY in it so that needs to be replaced.

My thing is :
    - If I go to FIAT they straight away replace the Entire lower arm with a new one and that costs around 4.8k each lower arm and then add the labour and stuff etc. Which means (4.8k x 2Sides) + Labour.

- If I get it replaced locally i.e. just the bushes of both sides, then it costs me around Rs.800 each bush + Labour of around 1k totalling to 2.5k to 3k wherein he replaces the Bushes with new ones.
    (Linkage and bushes cost at kava motors for Rs.800-1000k )

My Concern is, Is it safe enough to get the bushes replaced locally??
    As i am on a budget mode currently .
    (I also have to replace my tyres soon and then there is the Service coming up of 65000 kms that will cost me 20k more soon.)

Please Advice !!
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    I am not sure that bushes replacement is possible. But please ensure it is possible or better still inspect the bushes being replaced. If possible no need to change lower arm.

BTW, got the lower arms replaced recently on Linea on the day of service camp to avail discounts. Job done by RS guys.
    Saumya likes this.
  3. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    @Saumya
    At the very least: take it to FASS (RS Motors, as recommended, they seem to be the go-to Fiat ASS centre in Mumbai) to get what will be a proper diagnosis.
    Saumya likes this.
  4. Saumya

Saumya Amatore

mumbai
    Thanks @asimpleson and @prabhjot .... BTW will be going to FASS for diagnosis today...fingers crossed.

And yes RS motors i guess I was one of the first guys to report them for their trust worthiness and I have a out-of-the-way experience with thm which i shared here as well. Going there only.
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Check these lower arm prices -- (labour extra)
    P 59116607 >>
    Swing Arm (*lower arm/control arm)
    http://www.99rpm.com/fiat/lower-control-arm-punto-linea.html << old prices
    -- Rs. 1768.89+12.5%-(disc.%) = 1791.00

P 59116608 >>
    Swing Arm (*lower arm/control arm)
    http://www.99rpm.com/fiat/lower-control-arm-punto-linea.html << old prices
    -- Rs. 1768.89+12.5%-(disc.%) = 1791.00

Also, the 20k Rs. service including Timing chain should be at 60k kms and not at 65K kms I think.
    Saumya likes this.
  6. Saumya

Saumya Amatore

mumbai
    @asimpleson...hey thanks for the links chief.... I just visited the RS motors guys...the entire cost to replace linkage (1300x2+labour 450app) and lower arm (1990 x 2 + labour 615) is 7510 approx.

Now if u see this is very competitive pricing when u take into account the safety and originality of the part.

Just doing some last minute calculations and am mostly going to go in for this OG work at RS Motors...these guys somehow win ur trust!
    prabhjot likes this.
  7. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Great that tallies the amount I mentioned which include 10% discount on spares and 20% on labour on specific service camp days.
    prabhjot likes this.
  8. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    What's the update saumya??
    Did you get it rectified??
    Which part is the culprit ??
  9. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Chk the quality of the bushes if good its a good option.
  10. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Did you check about warranty......
    prabhjot likes this.