1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

I Love My Fiat :)

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by ahitdasgupta, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Shadowfax

Shadowfax Regolare

Phew.. That was one lengthy one to read... But again well written.

Just as an FYI. when fiat quit with padmini long ago. Bosch service centers were authorised service stations for fiat palios. There is one such service center in sanpada which still has connections for getting parts. I recommend you to try them out.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
  2. Dear Shadowfax, Thanks for the information on Bosch Service. There are quite a few of them in Mumbai. I'll definitely try them out.
    1 person likes this.
  3. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Linea T-Jet
    Awesome write-up Ahit! Enjoyed every bit of it!

Great to see that the Palio is back in form after the initial hiccups!
    1 person likes this.
  4. Hello everyone,

Would like to update you on the latest developments on my Palio. Firstly, I got a pair of New Headlamps with bulbs from Gurukripa Car Decor at Sion Kholiwada Road. I got for Rs. 1700/- per unit (3400/- for both) + 200/- labour for installation. I retained the old bulbs as spares. Then, got the Front Suspension serviced from these chaps, they have their own mechanic called "Mohammed Bhai" who worked on the Suspension. Given below is the breakup costs for the complete job:

1. WD40 - 60
    2. Tie Rod Ends - 975
    3. Brake Pads - 900
    4. Silicon Grease - 75
    5. Shock Absorber Service - 1400
    6. 6 Nut & Bolts - 60
    7. Lower Arm Ball Joints - 1200
    8. Turner Charge - 400
    9. Suspension Overhaul Labour - 1400

TOTAL: Rs. 6470/-

Also, Wheel Alignment for Rs. 300/-

Driving became a real pleasure after this. The Suspension did feel a bit stiff in the beginning, but over the last few weeks, it has settled and become much smoother.

Finally, I have got in touch with Mr. Anil Chatlani from De Kaar Nexus at Worli, which is a Bosch Multi-brand Service Centre with Paint Booth. They seemed very competent about the Palio and I am planning to give my car to them for the next service, and eventually some bodywork and paint-job :)

Ahit Dasgupta
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2013
    1 person likes this.