1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

I hit my Tjet on rear :(

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by Paresh, Jul 25, 2014.

1. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Not much; 1100 rupees, per piece. :)
    1 person likes this.
  2. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Paresh,

Go to Pandit Service Center @ bavdhan for the repair. Consult Rahul Jadhav @ pandit for this & take decision.
    1 person likes this.
  3. Crazy Fiatian

Crazy Fiatian Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    OMG :eek: if someone bangs our Linea Emotion from side ways, then for both doors chrome beading alone we need to spend ~ Rs.2,500/- if that need replacement.
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2014
  4. GP_Freak

GP_Freak Amatore

Chennai/Madurai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    If you Don't mind, follow this. Insert your hands from below the bumper and push it out with some constant force and steady Hands. It should pop back atleast to some extent if not fully. The Rear Tail light needs replacement. As temporary measure, go to a sticker shop and stick a transparent sticker covering all the cracks.
    1 person likes this.
  5. Paresh

Paresh Timido

Pune
    I will definitely try this.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Yes, I am going to visit them to get the quote. I have a very good experience with them. I got my Rear AC Grill replaced and some scratches touched up on front bumper from them on my first (and only) servicing free of cost. They have been very nice to me. I will definitely visit them.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Thanks for the advice.
  6. mayurshah

mayurshah Amatore

Banagalore
    Just check with service centre if u claim insurance. . What will b your contribution

Sent from my GT-I9105 using Tapatalk
  7. Paresh

Paresh Timido

Pune
    Today was the day I reserved to get my TJet repaired. I started early at 9:15 so that I can do enough enquiry and take a decision today.

I started with the good garages I know in my neighbourhood. I visited "Shetty's Garage" in Aundh, who quoted 2400 with partial paint to the damaged part. He said that he would need 2-3 days to do it. Then I went to "Balaji Motors" which is also located in Aundh, who said that I won't need to paint it, and he can deliver the car in a day. He quoted 1400. I then visited BOSCH service center in Pashan, who said he would need to paint entire bumper and quoted 4000. Next turn was for FASS, who quoted 15000 :). The person who would take a look at the car for quotation was busy and took 30 - 40 minutes to be with me. He said he will replace the bumper - 4000 + paint charges - 5000 + chrome bender 1100 + 3200 taillight cluster. If I remove tail-light cluster it would still cost me 12000, which is much higher than other quotations. I requested him to consider repairing it instead of replacing, but he said that it cannot be repaired. I also asked him that will the chrome bender break when repairing - he said that it would of course break. He also said that he would have to stick the broken pieces one by one if we have to use that same piece of chrome bender. So I returned from FASS (Pandit Auto) and decided to work with Balaji Motors. I was okay with the crack visible on the bumper, and I told this to everyone I met today. Only Balaji guys told me that it can be done without repainting.

So I left the car with them at 12 30, just before lunch, after confirming the work they have to do, and confirming that they would still deliver it to me today. I went to home, had my lunch and a nap. I called them at 5 pm to check the status and he asked me to come down and take the delivery. I was little unsure about the quality of work, since no other garage said that this can be done without painting it. I reached there in 10 minutes and saw my TJet parked outside. I inspected the work done and was pleasantly surprised. They had done a good job, and in a good price. They also washed the car, applied a little polish to tyres, and gifted me a key chain. (Seeing the key chain, my wife said - FIAT did not give you key chain even when you bought the car from them. :) ). The chrome bender was intact and did not break as said by FASS.

Here is the final result.

WP_20140726_17_31_39_Smart.jpg

I am very happy with the cost, work and time Balaji Motors took to complete the entire job. I would highly recommend them to everyone.
    5 people like this.
  8. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    Fantastic Job!!! Very well done Balaji Motors!!

FASS and all service center for that matter doesn't encourage repairs, because their profit lies in replacements!
  9. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Paresh,

Good thinking on your part to get it done from Balaji. They seems to have done a good job indeed. As expected the FASS would quote abnormally high since they think Fiat customers are with lesser brain.

Since its monsoon, get a tape around the broken tail lamp cluster to avouid water seepage.

Happy Jetting.
  10. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    End result is great!! what about tail light? planning for a tape or new cluster?