1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

I hit my Tjet on rear :(

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by Paresh, Jul 25, 2014.

1. Paresh

Paresh Timido

Pune
    I love my TJet as all of here. But mistakenly, I banged it on a pole from rear. I did not follow the best practice of muting my audio system when going reverse, and I could not listen to parking sensor warning until it's very late. And now it looks like this.

My question is can this be repaired, or will I have to replace this?

WP_20140724_10_41_23_Smart.jpg
  2. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    New tail light cluster will be needed; If you are ok with minor scratches, i dont think bumper need a repaint.
    1 person likes this.
  3. Paresh

Paresh Timido

Pune
    Can bumper be straightened out?
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Bumper is also broken, better check with some outside body repair shop in Pune.
    Service center would suggest to replace full part.
    1 person likes this.
  5. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Yes, in your case, I think it can be straightened. Take it to a good denting/penting guy in your locality and check with them.
    Or the ones which have good feedback in TFI, Pune.
    FASS will charge a lot for this.
    1 person likes this.
  6. Paresh

Paresh Timido

Pune
    Thanks All. I will get quotation from both FASS and outside.
  7. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    You are damn lucky to have missed the boot door. The bumper can be starightened hoever the scratch marks will exists. No need to get a new light cluster since no mjor damage. Since the bumper is of fibre, take it ti a knowledgable garage. As other said FASS will charge a bomb for the bumper replacement or if you have good will with the workshop, they might do it free of cost ir requsted.
  8. Paresh

Paresh Timido

Pune
    Yeah, when I saw this the first time, I said the same thing - I am lucky. I tried opening boot the first thing, and it did without any problem.

Tail light is broken. and I can even insert my finger in it. :( It has also displaced from it's position, which is not seen in this picture. So I think it will need a replacement. BTW, If I keep it like that with all the chances of water, dust, etc. going inside, what damages could it make?

Also, Does anybody know whether BOSCH pune is a reasonable place to look for?
  9. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Regarding damage to Tail light, first of all it will look bad and then water entering inside can short it too;
    I dont have a clue regarding BOSCH
    1 person likes this.
  10. Crazy Fiatian

Crazy Fiatian Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Very sorry to see your TJET in this state.

In addition to bumper/tail light I think chrome beading need some work (to fix the bend) or it might need replacement. I heard those chrome beading are bit costly if that gonna be replaced.