1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

I hit my car on a Pole ..... Scratches and Dent on the Left Front Door.... :(

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by srida, Dec 29, 2011.

1. why not go to Concorde in Ambattur?I find all the TATA Bodyshops to be average.So Concorde will atleast be closer to your place.Otherwise take it to some other bigger body shop with a booth namely Hi Rev and get it done.I guess this needs to be done at a professional body shop because your car needs a dent puller treatment on the door and the running board.So try Hi Rev and if they do insurance jobs,better give it to them.
  2. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    Vignesh, for this kind of small job, they will not take the car into the booth at all. They will paint it in a closed environment. If you are talking about booth, very good booths are available only with VST. Their Poonthamallie yard has a new one!!
  3. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Srida - it all happens for no fault of ours. My recommendation is Bosch, Vadapalani or Motomall Nandanam. Both of them would do a far better job than TASS and Bosch would be little cheaper as well.

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk
  4. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

Don't claim insurance if the amount is below 5000..or better below 10000.. otherwise your next premium will go up and no claim bonus can not be exercised later...i.e. only when u sell your car
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2011
  5. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    Thomman, Srida's car is new. Barely few months old and hence it is good to claim the insurance if it is more than what you are going to get as a NCB. By doing this your insurance premium will not go up. You will lose only your NCB which is ok. What will you do if you have to repair a small damage to bumber few months down the line? Will you take a similar stance? Opting NO for insurance is (Unless you have made a claim already for the year) good only if you are going to renew it in couple of months and if it your claim is less than your NCB.

SRIDA - CLAIM INSURANCE IF YOU WANT TO ULTIMATELY SAVE MONEY!!
  6. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

he may save some money now, but later he will have to shell out more.. eg; no point claiming rs 5000 when u lose rs10000 from ncb .that is why i said if its a small amount its better not to claim.
    i hope u got my answer to what i would do..
  7. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    sorry to hear this. take good car of the baby and restore it to its glory
  8. niranjan_81

niranjan_81

Pune
    Very bad to see the dents. But do not worry TASS will be able to do that. I did for my car as well and everything is new now. For me all the four doors were painted. Total bill given to me was Rs. 15,552. I did it through insurance and it was free. (Paid Rs. 1000 for liability etc., which is ok).
    All the best to u as well.
  9. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

all four doors..!!??
  10. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    How did you claim insurance for all four doors? how was the claim given? what kind of damage you got in your car?

---------- Post added at 06:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 PM ----------

NCB will never be 10000. Check the amount of premium in your policy. For me it is Rs.12000+ through future generali for the first year. I have a 1.3 MJD 90 HP.