1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

I hit my car on a Pole ..... Scratches and Dent on the Left Front Door.... :(

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by srida, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Today morning on the way to my office, I had to take a U turn to my left from a Highway to connect to the Service Lane. traffic police was stopping a lorry taking the u-turn. The lorry was stationary and there was enough gap between the lorry and a pole, so let my car crawl through that but to my surprise the lorry took a left turn and was very close to my right front door. Inorder to avoid the car being hit by the lorry i swerved to the left totally forgetting the pole. Dash!!!!!! I heard a turk turk sound. The height of the pole was well below the car's waist line. I didnt know what hit the car and the people behind were continuously honking at me to move. I didnt mind and got down and saw the pole denting the front left door. Somehow managed to take the car out from the pole and pulled over after some distance to see the amount of the damage. you too Have a look at it guys.....

I am taking the car to the Service center tomorrow. Not sure if the dents and scratches can be fixed or need to replace the resp unit.

6592464517_6394e1ce59_b.jpg

6592470097_8ee57f6bb6_b.jpg

6592474405_3536d1f3dd_b.jpg

6592510577_8e787c61a5_b.jpg

6592526449_b48653ea26_b.jpg

6592562449_abd912c0e8_b.jpg

6592583397_87968b2618_b.jpg
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2011
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Unfortunate. Since the scratches are pretty significant, I would suggest, take it to good service station and use your insurance.
    Chennai guys can provide you the best place to get it dented and painted.
  3. OMG !! That really looks like pretty bad injury .. I believe that it can be fixed and replacement is not required .. which service center are you planning to take it Srida ?

Ajit
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    It can be repaired srida. Claim your insurance. I suggest you to go for TAFE bodyshop instead of VST. Goto TAFE and meet Mr. Christopher. He will deliver the car at your doorstep after the repair.
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2011
  5. Thanks Ramesh. I will contact him. BTW where is the TAFE body shop ? Do I need to go to the Service Station or to the Body Shop directly ?
  6. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Their bodyshop is located near the VST Service Station on Mount Road. But, you need to go to the TAFE Service Station located at the Greams Road (opposite to MRF building). Just give him a call before going there. He will have the insurance person available there before you go. No booking is necessary though. I have PM'ed you his number.
    1 person likes this.
  7. Thanks Ramjn. I will talk to him and update.....
  8. pemmasg

pemmasg Regolare

Chennai
    Srida,

Its very unfortunate. If possible get it repaired not replaced, because replacement door never be like OEM door. Even in that case too you can go for insurance for labor and painting charges.
  9. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @srida bro,

worry not and dont get disheartned,when car comes on road these petty things are bound to happen.
    imo its just has to be repainted and that minor dent need to be taken out.
    costing would be 500/-for claim fee.(door repaint+dent+labour would be all borne by insurance co.)just have to pay claim fee i.e 500/-

i have noticed red color repainted cars have some 15-20 mismatch in repainted part,make sure these TASS people do the paint job perfectly.
  10. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    Srida! this can be repaired easily. Do not worry!! you car will come back to you as original!!