1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

I Have Got An Yellow Fever

Discussion in 'Classic and Retro FIAT's' started by linealover, Mar 21, 2012.

1. linealover

linealover Regolare

Madras
    When life meets love - poetry happens when punto met palio GTX.

story goes like this there was a king who had a queen and child,all blah blah

to cut short the story here goes,

An itchy teky finds all excuse to invade a GTX,
    one fine day he got an authentic reason to own a second car.His punto held up in workshop more than a week to change all wheel bearings, he nodded his head to all excuses made by SA of TAFE behind the arrival of bearings.
    all he could do is adapted to handicapped condition of leaving for work with out punto.
    also only console was linea comes as his ride for work,so Ramjan gave a free ride for teky about a week.

so teky was desprately in need of another car (means another FIAT).so his searches went on till it falls on a green GTX in bangalore with TN registeration. Actually ramjn recommend a S10 which teky fails to bite owing to the fact that being the second car that should not be taken care like new one.in addition to the fact it being in yellow color with sachin's signature all around will attract crowd,so s10 was axed with no mercy.

here comes the yellow fever.

Teky went bangalore with his brother for inspecting GTX. Actually i was called for that but could make to that trip.
    finally everything was amicably settled with buyer and seller for italian horse.

Ramjn,sathya_sc and Linealover was called for taking delivery all the way from bangalore to chennai.

sathya_sc being with his heavy schedule ahead and after this delivery,Depicted his green signal for this trip.
    Ramjn's white beauty though making his course on same route also agreed for this trip.
    Linealover being in home on vacation finds no time at all.seriously those do nothing will have time than a busy person.
    also agreed for this wild trip,his mind full of weird thought of "how am i going to tame this wild beauty" An Horse Whisperer.

sathya_sc was cool until he heard the weird timing of departure,any guess?

hmmm..its 01:30 am in the morning.since all plan to go in punto from bangalore to chennai.
    our homes were well scatter to drag our heads to who picks whom,at what time prior set time..
    linealover finally decided to come in splendor,also he suggest that he will pick sathya_sc on the way.
    but sathya_sc clearly intimated that you will lose 2kg easily before reach my home.

2 kg what?.there were wild stray dogs,so its a recipe for disaster with splendor. so we all decided to be in a safe
    cocoon of punto's cabin to pick sathya_sc.

a stone throw away distance between Ramjn and teky's home,finally teky,Ramjn,me departed to sathya_sc's home,
    its really scary see to all those dogs, at least 10 dogs at a glance, survival to the fittest.

Ramjn at wheel with teky at passenger side with me enjoying the backseat.those craters road no less than a moon's surface.
    Ramjn slowly maneuver and all those road can better leave to either scorpio or xuv5oo.

Finally teky's punto decelerated and full stopped at Sathya_sc home,she stopped as if she saw her master.

yes,sathya_sc is the tamer of fiat and all fiat will beg sathya at wheel.

As obvious satya_sc took the wheel.:steering both were immediately felt at home.

there goes punto accelerated like wild horse on that moon craters,all the way it reaches 60 or 70 with blink of an eye.but really scare everybody to hell.punto dismissed all craters with authority.no underbody scrape yet.

finally we were out of street roads and found a glimpse of pure tarmac.much relieved teky now felt at ease.

man! In the hands of sathya_sc the way the punto accelerates & galloped forward really made me to think its something more than 75bhp under the hood.
    breaking is so awesome that it looks as if a butterfly goes and sits on the flower.After tambaram wheel was exchanged to ramjn.

we took the mundane route of oragadam,so we payed heavily in terms of time which lowers our average speed.instead if we
    took a tambaram-maduravayal-sriperumandur could have easily saved an hour.i was at the wheel before mulbagal with speedo hovering around 60-70s.Also teky decided to take chitoor-mulbagal route that adds an oil to the fire.those road was full of fog with visibility reduced to less than 5m.

All we decided to park at safe place till gets the fog clear. Talks were all about fiat-fiat.its really a non-stop non-sense for those who out were out of teamfiat & car enthusiast.one of my cousin had owe to me that he will never join me any trip if it was with fiat guys.This happened immediately after our maiden yelagiri meet.one has think of others when accompanying a guy like him.

he is having alto and i always persuaded him to exchange his alto for punto,yet he is not biting, that is the democracy.
    and i love democracy.the democracy that allows me with fiat in spite low sales and poor ASS.

my friends always sympathies my ignorance, that's it they were at other side of the ring.

coming back to teky's girl fiend,she is anxiously waiting for the arrival of punto to elope her.

the clock struck 5'.Ramjn desperately in need of hot idllies,sathya_sc in need of hot filter coffee,

teky was okay with both.on contrast linealover desperately in need of rest room,even 1 litre of aquafina bottle and a space to
    hide is a bliss for him.

we marched with 75 horses to invade a princess waiting an 100 miles away. we were fighting with time and time always wins with hands down.

clock struck 7' we were at a motel in KA teritory.A ray of hope, resembles in the form of early sunshine.i waited for none and ran towards a rest room couldn't noticed whether it was for men or women.

came out with grin.three of them were already at the table.I,sathya_sc,Ramjn ordered for pongal with vada while teky okay with idly.finally we broke the fast (breakfast) with hot brew filter coffee.i felt an aroma of coffee brew spreads in our vicinity.

miles to before we sleep-miles to go before we sleep.now owner at wheel piloting the punto at broken tarmac,its is not a welcoming drive for more than 120.

clock struck 30' past 8.we were nearing the princess.teky called the owner for assistance.he came out of his apartment with a pleasant smile,aha ha what a reception.i thought she must me in the safe hands.he was certainly a good host.

he assited in parking our punto inside the premises.we found the broken mud flap hanging all the way to glory.

we exchanged our smiles and shook hands with her ex-owner.who worshiped her.a goddess of italy.
    teky end with pre-worshiped italian beauty.

The first impression is the best impression as the saying goes,she was an apt example for that.we were floored with her when sathya_sc floored her pedal to medal.difference is that wheels were anchored.Roar was wild.she returns to mild mur mur idling after that, clearly depicts engine still intact with virginity.

forgot to intimate that she fired with single crank,speaks volume for a decade old car.who says fiat is unreliable?
    she needs a regular oil change with minor care that is all she wants.

i was mesmerized with Amit's ownership thread of s10

Fiat Palio S10. Now updated to 72,000 kms! - Team-BHP

only because of this thread i have got an yellow fever.curing this fever certainly sets me back by lakh and half thousand rupees.

these are all the reactions of this thread:

from ramjn:-

Mind Blowing.
    After reading it, I have now fell in love.

From sathya_sc:-

Awesome read there.. More and more i read my heart longs for palio.. Oh no.. I am not planning to buy Palio SUV...
    Sent from my I9100

from linealover:
    whole night i red this thread with my eyes filled with tears.

coming to the topic again.we were into his apartment for paper work.teky was fully prepared with name transfer documents,form 29 all blah blah..

signatures were duly signed by seller,all queries were made clear.

now keys goes to sathya_sc.she was out of parking lot.now palio met punto.

there goes the love story.now we can see her out of dim parking lot.sathya found one of the tire on back side with visible thread indicting that it can give up any time.

word of caution: Dont go beyond 50kmph.get out of bangalore will decide about tire.

All get set go,palio eloped with punto.

linealover and Ramjn cocooned inside punto.sathya and teky in palio.now we decided not to take mulbagal route so we were heading towards hosur.we touched electronic city flyover which safely takes us out of chaotic Bangalore traffic.

we can see sathya slowly taming her,fact is that we called him twice saying you are breaching the 80kmph mark,

where all those word of caution?may be flying somewhere.he himself broke his law. because law and advice meant only for others.slowly palio gave way for punto as sign of caution.we were out of toll gate,yet we could n't catch the glimpse of princess palio.oh come on what happen to that green horse?

we called sathya to found that she lost her leg.yes, one of the tire gave away.twist of the tale is that it was the good tire in front which lost air and not the back with bald head.

we were quite half a km away from palio and they were yet to pass the toll gate,so we had no option other than wait watch as sathya informed us that they can manage the tire swap.

so we relaxed at the corner and by the who said it is cool in bangalore? it is hot at par with chennai summer.as we recognize as soon as switched off the air-con.

we got an emergency call from sathya saying that bad stepney tire coupled with erratic stepney handle,

as for as i know stepney always gorgeous than wife....is n't it?

so we made a 360 degree course change heading onto the service lane parallel to the palio.
    appa..what a sweating? finally palio was out toll way.we found a repair shop very near to toll gate.
    teky was badly in need of a cool drink,he lost all his cool and cursed. he asked "why always happens with fiat"when i bought
    punto the very next day puncture".i patted him,saying"dont worry my linea comes to company because she also had similiar puncture the very next day of delivery.i really don't know the reason for punture,since we pampered like anything.yet she simply puntured.may be that's the way she(fiat) debut her.

initially, we thought of driving her home sedatively. never thought of tire change.teky gave all his savings towards her.first get her home then we can slowly do whatever we want in course of time.but she adamantly refuses this logic, as she was born princess with silver spoon, flamboyant life style is the way of her being. never compromise with this sedate drive and all.
    it is as simple as that either park me or drive me every gear red-lining to the glory.( no thee pantham only petromax light).

After we discussed with the repairwala about his inventory.it neither matches the tire size or quality.so we decided not to waste money on old tyres.Ramjn's friend running the tire shop in krishnagiri also willing to help us either with new or old tyre just plugged out from logan.it is quite far away from here say about 70 kilometers.but hosur was some 20KM away so better reach hosur rather than bangalore,since price were high in KA than in TN.so quickly repaired the punctured one and headed towards hosur,justdial.com was not having single info for hosur.

slowly reached hosur with non-nonexistence of spare tyre.we could not find a proper tyre shop in hosur. i.e wheel alignment with tyre shop.since stock was with tubed tyre and alloy combo. Top of that we were not certain about the alloy that can hold the air post new tyre change.all that we were certain is that find a proper tyre shop.Also local people not having handfull of info about proper tire shop around their vicinity.

now first time i am piloting GTX but i was taxed with 40kmph as limited speed.i wish no body should be given the wheel first time with this kind of constraint.it makes me sad every time i look into teky's frustrated face plus hot sun plus my stomach desperately wanting for a good south indian thaali,its already past 2 pm.this is the schedule time for reaching home as per teky's calendar.man proposes god disposes.i don't know about god, but its always fun to remember when something goes out of plan.i knew this is not a great story yet simple story with simple things.perhaps, the love makes life beautiful.
    only simple things makes us happy.

Alas,all of the sudden teky's face brightens up after he spot proper tyre shop.that's it demand meets supply.
    he got a good collection of tyres..yoko,bridgestone,good year, michelin.etc etc..

Decison was made with blink of an eye.it is to go with yoko c-drive 185/60 R14.
    princess slowly gathering her moment of flamboyance.she got brand new foot wear.
    Tyre guy was authentic and thoroughly checked each alloy to hold the air intact.
    we quickly settled the bill and started so soon as possible.Next stop was to fuel her as well as ourselves.
    A2B is targeted and both punto and palio shoots ahead.Ramjn and me were discussing and i told him just imagine this combo

new tyre+GTX+SATHYA on wheels, we both laughed out to glory.now GTX tamed us,now i can certainly vouch that this Italian car has a heart,soul,love,charm,cute smile,you name it.it is there...

GTX is certain that she can get you home only after you buy her shoes.she has to driven the way it should and she certainly demands the ambiance dignity from her owner.do or die and a no in between.i have seen so many petra,palio,uno abandoned on the streets.she is certainly happy that way also on contrast,she is not deserved for that.she is dolphin among the fishes.

my heart always cries for those abandoned italian beauties,one such example is there is a siena parked (abandoned) near velachery bridge @ centre for wind research institute en-route to pallikaranai.i never pass that area without the glimpse of siena.This is an example of economics rules artistic approach towards life.head over rules the heart.logic rules over illogic.

life is meaning less
    life is logic less
    life is hope less
    life is happening every moment by moment.everything is here and now.every fiat is made with so much passion,love,intimacy.
    that aura of intimacy is spreads from the source of design itself.every curves and lines made out of clay with bare hands.
    source of heart is passed on from the creator(designer) to the creation(fiat cars).That's why when i sit in fiat cars i can feel the aura of throbbing energy directly fills into my heart.converting what i felt into words is futile exercise,since the very word destroys the poetry.That is the reason why fiat is not always appealing to everybody.TO own a fiat you need a loving heart,
    you need a pair of child's hand.A playful way of living attitude.otherwise you will miss whole of the subtle thing.

As any person with common sense has every reason to downgrade a fiat car.i agree because it is made by a imperfect human.it certainly have imperfection in it.you know "All perfectionist are Neurotic". you cannot live with a perfect person,he is a physco.you simply cannot approach fiat cars with head, if you hand shake with diplomats it is like holding a dead fish in your hand.on the otherhand hold the hands of a child it simply throws energy,it will communicate but not with language its so subtle,you need a ultimate silence feel the energy.just hold the steering linea you got live fish in you hand.

This man! sathya is like a avatar guy.tamed the being with connecting those tails.it is an apt example to quote.
    i never like to sit in passenger side with wheels at other guy.on contrast i like to be a passenger with sathya on wheels.

finally got home the teky's girl friend a safe home.story ends with happy ending!

now i have got an yellow fever.a fever for s10.
    14 people like this.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Oh Man!!! What a write up. Honestly, I couldn't complete the whole post. I am still midway into it.

But, yes, it makes more sense to get infected by the Yellow Fever :D.

Note:- Pictures are not visible to me. You may need to have a check on that.
    1 person likes this.
  3. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    linealover..wonderful writeup. Yes the pics /attachments are not visible.
    1 person likes this.
  4. ameysane

ameysane

Mumbai
    I used to own a Canary Yellow Palio 1.6 Sport for 5 years & 90% of the comments about the car were

"WOW I love that color"

IMG_1121s.jpg
    Taken on my last day of her ownership.
    The Linea is mine too & the reason for Palio's retirement.

PS. Waiting for your pics.
    6 people like this.
  5. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Just completed reading the post fully :D. Awesome read linealover. Simply Awesome.

And Congratulations teky for becoming owner of the first hot hatch in India.
    2 people like this.
  6. Great write-up linealover. I would have loved to join you guys for picking up the GTX from Bangalore, but prior commitments kept me away. Do let me know when you are ready to pick up an S10 ;)
    2 people like this.
  7. Wonderful write up liealover .. Took some time to complete the whole story .. But enjoyed it to the core . But you are spreading this yellow fever very fast ....

Ajit
    1 person likes this.
  8. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Wonderful write up, each and every Fiat owners should be able to relate to this. More comments when I'm at my desk till then keep starring at the italian horse.

uploadfromtaptalk1332317999735.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1332318023811.jpg

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk
    5 people like this.
  9. Finally a pic. :)

So when is the next Chennai meet? Can't wait to see your GTX!
  10. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    linealover, this car could have easily become a remedy for your fever :D.
    Unfortunately, we missed it :(.

DSC00427.jpg

DSC00428.jpg

DSC00474.jpg

DSC00473.jpg

DSC00476.jpg
    7 people like this.