1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

I fell in love

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by drifter, Dec 30, 2010.

1. drifter

drifter Regolare

London/Mumbai
    I never thought that would happen, but I fell in love with a city. I am a country side sort of guy, which makes it rather strange to fall in love with any sort of concrete djungle. But hey, nobody is perfect. The city obviously is Mumbai.

I enjoyed very much being here. I myself hate tourist centres and therefore have been seen in areas, where tourists aren't the daily sight. This was to the amusement of many people, but at the same time I have made good contacts. I enjoyed every single riksha ride, the train rides hanging out of the carriage, going to a cinema to capture the atmosphere and the endless visits to the different places. I even had to look at a dentist chair to see why it is not fully working and had a couple of visits to the doctor.

We have done some filming ofr our TV series and with it some testing of new cars from the dealer. Kailash told me after the test drive in the Nano as well as in the Linea T-Jet that the dealer representatives were horrified. Whatever!?! I had fun with either car.

We also found our personal test strip, which we are going to use for reference in the future to see how well any improvement works in real driving conditions. But this does not mean it is the end of the dyno testing.

A high light was Saturday, the 25th at the dyno. I have to admit I was not expecting as many people to turn up. It was a great turn out for the first meet. I hope to be back in about 8 weeks time and by then we will have another meet. Bigger meets are planned, but I will leave this for a later as a lot more planning has got to go into it. But I can reveal that we are planning to come to Bangalore soon.

Anyway, enough of my waffling. It was a great time and I look forward being back.
  2. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    If thats what you felt about Mumbai, then you will find hard to get back to UK once you travel across the country.
    Yes, nano is peppy and fun to drive :D
    Look forward to your TV Series (Which channel)
  3. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida
    @ Drifter - Njoy ur trip back home. My biggest wish for you is, May the almighty at least gives you a single day of sun shine. I think you know what i mean ::V . Njoy the winds, the snow and the rain and the darkness at 3 pm in the afternoon. I am missing everything.

@viny, its never hard to get back to UK, its so calm, no pollution, the heaven like countrysides.... ::T
  4. drifter

drifter Regolare

London/Mumbai

Whatever, I do not want to go back to the UK. Apart from it, I have a lot of work to do over here.
  5. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    Hi Peter , wish you a very happy new year and it was indeed great time spent with you.

See you soon ::T

... And btw does the falling in love have anything to do with a certain ms. Kajol? ::V
  6. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Beans have been split open :)
    Look forward to the story of falling in love :D
  7. Axn

Axn Regolare

Delhi
    Drifter, good that you enjoyed ur time here. Hope you have many more useful and enjoyable trips to our wonderful country.

Include Delhi in ur itinerary as well.