1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

I feel like I am in Italy | even after 45000 KM in MaSenuti

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by srida, Sep 10, 2011.

1. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Thanks Srida for the concern, Was just kidding.......

Update with the speakers without knowing her and take your wife for a long drive and let her enjoy the music, she will love the drive and praise you for the updated speakers.
  2. Made a trip to vedanthangal yesterday.

I woke up early in morning @ 4:30 AM, washed the car throughly. My car was sparkling and was eager to take a long drive. Left my home at 6:30 AM. Picked up my friends and Started from Thaambaram @ 7 AM. Had Tea and Dhum at vandaloor. At Karunguzali took a right turn from the Chennai Trichy Highway. The Road was kinda bad for few Kilometers. Then the state Highway was very nice. Very less traffic. We sat down on the road and took many fotos leisurly.

Reached Vedanthangal Sanctuary at 9:30 AM. Unfortunately we were not allowed to enter the Sanctuary since this in not the season. Stayed there at the sanctuary for some time and headed deep in to the villages. Wow ! what a relief driving through the village roads. We were enjoying the field, ponds, old styles abandoned houses...... To our surprise our road connected to the Trichy-Chennai Highway at Madhurandhaham.

I was not intrested to drive on the highway back to chennai. So we decided to go through the same village roads. There we found a open space off the road with a small mud passage. I drove the car into it and under the tree shades we relaxed for some time and clicked few snaps. all my friends laid their foot on the A Pedal on that open space and everybody were so surprised of how the car behaved. Everybody were praising the car. Tried some drifting stunts which I didnt get correctly.

Then we headed back to Mayajaal through Chengalpet-Mahaballipuram-Mayajaal. This is where the drive was so annoying, the poor acceleration problem boarded my car and gave me the severe leg pain. I was pusing the A Pedal more than the normal to maintain the power range. The Chengalpet-Mahaballipuram streach had a minimum of 15 speed brakers. At every speed braker the car struggled to gain speed. I was fed up like anything. When I reached mahabalipuram the Leg pain was at the peak. I couldn't proceed further. Stopped the car and relaxed for 10 minutes and again started. In just 20 - 30 Kms the leg pain reached the peak. Since we were getting late for the movie i had no choice but to drive at 100 KMPH. To maintain the speed I had to bare the pain. Somehow reached mayajaal at time and watched a great movie. Dropped my friends at guindy and went home. I was not able to wake up the next morning due to the Leg pain. The pain was so severe in the morning.

Photos Follows:

100_2743.jpg 100_2746.jpg 100_2751.jpg 100_2753.jpg 100_2758.jpg 100_2763.jpg 100_2764.jpg 100_2768.jpg 100_2775.jpg 100_2778.jpg 100_2780.jpg 100_2783.jpg 100_2790.jpg 100_2791.jpg 100_2800.jpg 100_2801.jpg 100_2805.jpg 100_2806.jpg 100_2815.jpg 100_2818.jpg
    1 person likes this.
  3. niranjan_81

niranjan_81

Pune
    Good photos srida. The color is excellent.
    I was in Chennai for 2.5 yrs in HCL and all the names of various places you mentioned in the writeup brought back the fond memories. :)
  4. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Srida nice photos :)

Red color looks awsome on Punto ;-)
  5. eNVe

eNVe Amatore

Nice pics and trip Srida... sad to hear about the leg pain :( ...
  6. I was not really ON for the Exotica RED. Owning FGP90HPER for a Month I have started loving the color and the Chrome Handle. Initially I was about to paint the Crome Handles to Back now I am happy I didnt do it.

Oh ! Me too was working in HCL 2 Years Back @ Ambatur 3.
  7. First Service was done @ 2985 KM on ODO. Took the car to VST service, Anna Salai.

Issues Reported :

1. Noise from the Dash (Near Glove Box) when going on Bad / Rough patch.
    Not Fixed completely. Still some noise coming out from the Glove Box area but not as bad as it was before the Service.
    2. Squeaking Noise from the Driver Seat when going on Bumps.
    Not Fixed
    3. Acceleration Issue which is discussed in the Minor Issues and Queries http://www.teamfiat.co.in/forum/showthread.php?3485-Worst-acceleration-and-new-problems-showing-up.
    Fixed. Did a short Highway drive with speeds touching 150. No issues and no leg pain. I have to take for a longer drive to see if everything finer.
    4. Fixing the Misaligned Rear bumper which happened when a Honda Activa banged my car on the Rear Bumper.
    The Service Adviser totally forgot about this and said this would take more than a Day. So that is why they didn't touch it.
    5. Replacing the Rear Fog Lamp cluster.
    Done. Costed 730 Rs.
    6. Left Pulling
    The service Adviser says Wheel Alignment and Wheel Balancing should be done and this would not be done free of cost as this is not a part of the First Service. After a long negotiation the SA said OK but end of the day wheel Alignment and Balancing was not done. He again says this cannot be done free and I may have to bring it on some other day.

The car was Cleaned OK. I think this was the only job they did for the whole day other than fixing the New Fog Lamp. I am very disappointed with the Service. The SA promised me that he would deliver the car at my office but in the evening he said no drivers are available.
    I don't wanna think more about this so that I would stop enjoying My car. I am aware that I would be facing this kinda situation from the TASS so I am not surprised.
  8. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Srida if they are charging for alignment /balancing, it is always better to take it to a good shop elsewhere. But ask them one thing. How could this issue arise in a new car which has just ran 2k kms ? Is it not an issue from the factory ? Then they have to do it free of charge right. Just give a call to Fiat toll free number & see what they have to tell you. Just give a try before losing hope.
  9. anoop

anoop Superiore

@srida: if you are not satisfied, do not give good rating in the feedback form and hopefully, you will be getting a follow up call - raise all the issues in the call.
  10. The SA didn't give me any Feedback Form. I thought Only a Feedback call from Tata/Fiat. Anyways I am gonna rate them low for the service.