1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

I feel like I am in Italy | even after 45000 KM in MaSenuti

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by srida, Sep 10, 2011.

1. Guys I had a heart break today. My baby's foot is hurt and wounded. The front left alloy had deep scratches I noticed today. I have no idea how this had happened. I have captured the scratches in my mobile. Will be uploading shortly. I am worried if this could become a threat to safety. I am sad from the morning. Though my friends says this is just a scratch, I am not convinced until I hear it from TFI.
  2. anoop

anoop Superiore

Cosmetic scratches are noting to worry about - they are not a safety hazard.

Usually alloys are really strong, and can withstand bumps and ditches which we come across in regular life. If you see other forums, there are many people who use alloy wheels in their off road going jeeps and gypsys.

Unless your alloy is chipped, there is no need of concern. Do upload the pictures.
  3. Here r the pics

4. anoop

anoop Superiore

Though cosmetically this looks bad, there is nothing to worry about the structural integrity of the wheels, Srida.

OT: Did you change your OEM tyre? I thought all Emo Pack came shod with Appolo Accelers.
  5. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Even on my cars alloys has some scratches
  6. No Anoop I didnt change the Tyres. These are stock. I checked with the Sales Exec. I was told that only from the july models the tryes are appolo.

So shouldn't I worry about the safety with this scratches on the alloys?
  7. anoop

anoop Superiore

There is absolutely nothing to worry.

But the info your sales rep have given is wrong - we have a 2011 april last\may first purchased GP emo+ in our apartment and it came with Appolo Accelers only.

Which is the manufacturing month of your car?

I hope you checked the VIN number and confirmed the year-month before you brought the car.
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2011
  8. The VIN had FMZ in the end. So this shud be June 2011
  9. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    its nothing to worry Srida, Your eyes will automatically go there because you know there is a scratchhhhh,
    Maybe you brushed on the footpath edge while parking or getting out from stand still,
    Mine front Left side also has scratched on the Wheel cap,,,,,
    Relax Dude chill down and enjoy the drive.......
  10. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Srida.. you are worried because you are enjoying the beauty of your new car day by day and you are enjoying it in detail. I am having wheel cups on my car and I was shocked to see some scratches like those of yours which I am unaware of how it happened. There is nothing to worry about the scratches on your alloys. I know how it feels, but you really can't help it out.