1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

I feel like I am in Italy | even after 45000 KM in MaSenuti

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by srida, Sep 10, 2011.

1. anoop

anoop Superiore

AFAIK, the SA should give you a feedback form. next time, ask for it and fill it yourself. You can proactively call the customer care and tell them that you were unhappy with the service and they did not give you the feedback form.
  2. 45000 KMS Service Done at Ramkay Fiat Workshop.

Bumping UP the thread instead of opening a New Thread

Took the delivery of my car from Ramkay Workshop yesterday evening after completing the 45K service for my Punto 90.

Issues Reported :

1. Steering Wheel shuddering when brakes are applied

No more shuddering after the Brake pads and Discs are replaced.

2. The passenger seat Recline is Shaking as if it not locked.

The passenger Seat recline mechanism need to be replaced under warranty. Part not available,ordered.

3. Rear left Power window Motor not working

Motor need to be Replaced. Only one was available but that was defective. So given order for New part.

4. Poor Pickup and excessive noise after 2 K RPM in 1 , 2 and 3rd gear. The car struggles to speed after 60 KMPH in 3rd gear with excessive Noise.

The SA Claims the Timing Chain is defective and need to be replaced under warranty. Again the part not available, ordered.

5. Hand brake shake.

6. Suspension to be checked since the car shudders side-wards when driven into a pot hole or bad roads.

Tightened and lubricated. Now feels better but no sure if this will keep up for Long time.

Issues I know but Not reported, for them to Find it :

1. Woo Woo Rhythmic Sound when slowing down from 60 - 0 KMPH.

Unattended. I guess the wheel bearing is the culprit. Will get it checked

Parts to be changed :

1. Brake pad and Disc

2. Absolute mud Flap

The total Cost was Rs. 15,296. Subtracting the Brake pad, Disc and labor for the Same, the 45K service alone costs Rs. 9200~. Wheel alignment was changed Rs. 400 and Examiner Check charged Rs. 250 which I feel is not right.
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2013
    2 people like this.
  3. shams

shams Esperto

did you get the timing kit changed?
  4. My bad I forgot to update the thread.

Yes Shams the Timing kit is changed but I couldn't feel any difference in the performance. Even before the change there was no noise in slow speed or idling but since the SA advised to get the Timing KIT changed I got it done. After the change is there nothing like any noise reduced.
  5. shams

shams Esperto

Srida, the noise due to bad timing chain is nothing like what you are expecting. It comes momentarily only during cold start and then dissappears in few seconds. it is kind of krr krr sound. only if you have noticed during cold starts then you would know :)
  6. anicaution

anicaution Amatore

How many KMS you have done?
  7. I have done 48000 KMs
  8. anicaution

anicaution Amatore

Timing chain replacment is too early then.

I changed mine last week at 1,16,000 KMS
  9. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Why did they change the timing chain at 45000 kms itself? Did they find anything wrong with it?