1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

I feel like I am in Italy | even after 45000 KM in MaSenuti

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by srida, Sep 10, 2011.

1. Changes happen in Life. A big change has happened in my life too. The change happened on 8 Aug 2011 after I took the delivery of Fiat Grande Punto - my 'Style Machine 90 HP'. Below are the few of those changes I was talking about. [Click here to read : How I fell in love with Punto and the predelivery experience ]

Looking at my Style Machine from outside, I feel Like I own a maserati.
    From inside my Style Machine, I feel like I am In Italy.
    While Cruising on a Highway, I feel like a symphony.
    In Highspeeds and while Braking, I feel like a baby in the safe hands of his Father.
    Holding my steering wheel, I feel like I am a sniper.
    Using the steering mounted controls, I feel like I am a Fighter Pilot.
    Talking to the Blue n Me, I feel like I am a James Bond.
    Ride and handling makes me feel like I am on a waterbed.
    Acceleration makes me feel like my style machine listens to my mind voice.
    MID feels like am watching Rajinikanth's Robo.
    Exploring the features, I feel like columbus.

Am bit confused if I own a FIAT or Fiat Owns me. Overall I can compare a Fiat punto to Ilayaraja Sir's Music - Both are Ever Green.

Well How did fiat had the heart to give this beauty in the hands of TATA ? Anyways a great decision to sell Fiat Beauties through seperate showrooms. I am a fan of TATA too but only from my pre delivery and delivery experience I understand why most of the people hate TATA. I would not have minded if the experience was tasteless but my experience was bitter. I had to type a lot and lot to say the bitter experience. here are the few.
    1. More than 10 promises were made by the sales officer (VST Motors, Anna Nagar, Chennai) but never kept anything except one.
    2. They never mind loosing a Fiat customer. Now they are very well aware only enthusiast buy a Fiat and those enthusiast would never miss a Fiat at any cost. So the dealer didnt mind if I am satisfied with their behavior.
    3. Mycar delivery experience would be the worst in the world I think. I informed the SE in advance that I have to take the delivery on Aug 8 between 4:45 PM to 5:45 PM. At 5:10 PM I reached the Dealership to take the delivery. I was shocked to see my car was parked on the road at the signal and a guy was cleaning the car. The car was parked as if the car is waiting along with the other vehicles waiting for the signal. Bikers standing close to the car with not even an inch gap between their handlebar and my car door. All our faces went sad (real sad) looking at the pathetic treatment our baby was getting. We were expecting our car would be all clean and decorated with colored ribbons and garlands when we reach the showroom. My wife had plans to take as many snaps with the punto baby before taking delivery. All our expectations and Delivery celebration mood was brutally murdered and buried deep. After taking the delivery I asked for the Ribbon and put in on my baby myself. The car was not clean at all, dusty interiors, Clay piles sticking on to the Wheel Bays. The car was not new at all. I cried inside. I really cried. aAfter spending almost 8 L, I was treated like i am given the car for free. Look at this pic and you guys will understand.

Kavin Sep 022.jpg

Kavin Sep 026.jpg

Atlast at 5:40 PM I went to the car, shouted at the SE and the cleaning guy to stop cleaning and get the Key handed to my son. Then the delivery people did the rituals and handed the key to my son. Took a snap and got in the car and took it for a small ride.

Kavin Sep 027.jpg

Kavin Sep 044.jpg

Yesterday I went to the dealership to get the number plate. I told the dealer " I am taking the car to VST service Station, Mount road for a compleate cleaning and polishing. Inform them not to charge me since the Car cleaning and pollishing was not done for the delivery" The SE went to the sales manager and got me a letter. Today Morning went to the service center and got my car cleaned, interiors vaccum cleaned and polished, exterior polishing, Underbody water wash. Wow My baby looks new only now. Atlast I am happy.

Accessories : Door Sil Plates, Floor Mates and Mud Flaps. Plannning to get Sun Film done tomorrow at Moto Mall, mount road. Either 3M or Global [I dont remember the name]

Issues :
    1. The Height Adjustment Lever is jamed. The SA at VST mount road said they will replace the seat if required.
    2. Rattles from the steering column or the speedo console am not sure. The rattle is not louder but it is something like the cling cling sound of coins.
    3. The Driver side side window glass is chipped off a little on the TOP right corner. I think I missed it the PDI.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2013
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Congrats dude. It was a great read.

You now have the 'Mighty 90'. :)

P.S. The dealer does deserve a whack or two.
  3. Bala

Bala Esperto

Very well written sir,those things,especially,the sniper,james bond,mind voice points were spot on,you just wrote what I had in mind!
    Congratulations and happy motoring.
    You have a nice flair and style in writing.
    Do not know why,but people usually hide the the registration number,just thought of telling you.
  4. teky

teky Esperto

Congrats Srida, you will start loving even more when you take her to the highways.

As you have said she is like a symphony on highways. With illayaraja music you will feel the heavenly Bliss , she will stick to the road like rail on tracks

Get quotes from balaji agencies before heading to motomall for sunfilms. Motomall can be little expensive but they are very professional. Also get the 3 D Kagu mats in black, the OE mats are crap.

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk
  5. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    Grande Punto 1.3
    congratulations ji, welcome to the fiat family

one thing i noticed does the 90bhp come with matt finished B-pillars
  6. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Srida congratulations for new car and thanks for sharing the pics

@ Phew yes it comes with matt finish. So sad??
  7. nobrakes

Congrats Srida on ur GP. I've got a red punto too (1.2 emotion) with body coloured door handles. Loved ur silver door handles.....next on my list!

@bala: hiding the no reg no is a good idea 'cos it can be misused by anti social elements & cyber criminals.
  8. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    Grande Punto 1.3
    y SAD, just that the gloss one looks very nice
  9. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Congrats Srida and excellent write up. Even when the sales figures & poor service are making me disappointed, words like these are really keeping up the spirit. Feeling really proud to be a FIAT owner. :). Thanks mate. Enjoy your ride.
  10. Thanks Everybody for the wishes guys !!!!

Oops ! I went ot the Moto mall before I read your message. I dont have net connection in my home for the past 2 weeks. So I missed ur message.

I was not aware of hiding thie Number Plate. What do I do Now? Can Mods delete the pics ? I can upload new set of Photos.

I am planning to paint the Silver handles to black. I kinds feel that crome dosent gel with Red IMHO.

Sales will ramp up once fiat showrooms are erected. I have hopes on Fiat.