1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

I doubt if I can do better than THIS!!!

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by shikhar10882, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Now I am delighted!!!!

---------- Post added at 06:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 PM ----------

Yeh.. I know!!!
    I do not know why Fiat does not use its uniqueness to market itself..
    I mean, they fight on features, but have no where mentioned the ECODrive in the marketing stunt, while Hyundai, having introduced it for the first time, has already included it in the advertisment.

They never talk about the build quality, safety and sturdiness of the vehicles, while this is where they are far ahead of the competition!!!

And while maruti gives the fuel consumption "under ideal test conditions", FIAT sticks to ARAI rating!!!

What, afterall, are they trying to achieve by adopting this route of marketing their cars in India???
    1 person likes this.
  2. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Shikhar, Congrats on your T Jet+, Drive safely. You can now challenges us ( diesel user) with this figure. Awesome with T-Jet+, Congrats again :).
  3. Thanks @bosesuman
    But... As I mentioned in the beginning of the thread, my inspirations have been ansal11 and j ravi sir, who have been able to achieve a milage of 19.4 and 23.3 from their t jet and 1.4 fire respectively...
    These are the guys who set such high benchmarks... I am just a strugler trying my shot against the legends...
  4. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    Come on Shikhar! Drive the jet as it is supposed to be driven (especially on the yamuna expressway). I also did a run to Agra this past Sunday and got 15kmpl including the maddening Agra city traffic and loads of idling with AC switched on. It would have been lower still but I kept a constant 100 kmph for 90% of the time coz I was piloting a 3 car group where my young cousins on the wheel and I didn't want to give them an invitation to speed up. But I did manage to do very brief flat out stretches wherever possible ;-)
  5. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Linea T-Jet
    1 person likes this.
  6. Amazing @Prakhar_lfc...

@nkapoor777: supposed to to be driven you say? I think the 'supposed' comes with a very 'personalizable' meaning...
    I mean... Harleys have a very powerful engines, but are they 'supopsed' to be race bikes??? jokes apart...
    I love the way she cruises on long roads... and effortlessly she glides...
    besides (if you follow the ecodrive), these highway drives gave me a score of 83 and 84 respectively...
    Personally, I love being nice to my car...
    and with that score, I think even FIAT likes it that ways!!!
    Sorry, if I hurt any feelings anywhere... it was purely unintentionally...
    I am just putting my point / opinion across!!!!
  7. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    Grande Punto 1.3
    the same problem was also for me,later replaced the motor under warranty.
  8. Thanks for the pointer @Ganges...
    I shall keep a close watch on the same, as the car is still 45 days from the first service, which, I will have to get attended to in 4 months of ownership.. Why? Details in first post of http://www.teamfiat.co.in/street-travel-experience/6929-query-delhi-mumbai.html !!!
  9. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    Grande Punto 1.3
    the more the highway drive the more you will have the level of confidence on touring across the number of states and one day across the country ;) as well ,especially in FIAT cars you will get the real feel as like you are on Jet plane(ofcourse you are on Tjet :) ) nothing like stress called in FIAT.
    From comfort zone point of view
    1.Get adjusted to the comfortable seating position.
    2.Get wheel balancing/alignment done at regular intervals,little drag also can cause you pains in the hands.(get checked before your highway drive )
    3.Try to avoid as much as city traffic and prefer bypass roads(though these days all highways bypass the city traffic).traffic causes irritation as our mind will be set with the speed of highway drive.
    4.Dont keep always bore drive,try to get pedal to metal and some times overtake the competitor(Hyundai,Honda,Ford etc etc) and again wait for them to overtake you ;) (for fun/enjoyment).
    5.Keep body pain medicines(this will definitely help you as we are not bound to do always long highway drive).
    6.Switch off AC when outside climate is cool and enjoy the ecofriendly environment,this saves your money.
    7.getdown from the car at fuel filling stations on the highways,if by mistake your car drinks diesel :D then you need to waste your day by keep on seeing the number plates of different vehicles coming to the feul station ::V
    8.Drink more water during the drive.
    9.After completing your highway drive get one full wash(underbody,engine bay and exterior) for your car

Atleast i follow the above points,hope this helps
  10. @Ganges:
    Thanks alot for the inputs sire!!!

As for the fun while driving... I guess the drive from delhi to mumbai will not be that boring, as there will be other cars and creatures to look at during the drives, there will be turns on the road and there will be fun to have..

This stand alone chance of 'fun with engine' in this expressway trip got a city and a verna driver furious (they had started from their respective booths at the same time) and could not wait but to overtake me.... funny thing!!!
    I guess it gets hard for people to digest that .... well!!! Wording my expression will only offend the owners of these brands!!!