1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

I am looking for Punto OEM Alloys

Discussion in 'Tyres & Alloys' started by Syed Ilyas, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Syed Ilyas

Syed Ilyas Timido

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I have searched in all places but i dont seem to find punto stock alloys (USed). Either they are not available or in such demand that they get sold ASAP they are in market. i found new ones cost around 20-25k, so i want used ones for my punto active 1.3 75 bhp. i am based in bangalore and will be glad for any advise, Thanks.
  2. whitepunto76

whitepunto76 Regolare

Bangalore
    @Syed. I suggest please stick to steel rims. Other than show-off what else are your requirement for alloys.
    I have used alloys for 2yrs in Punto. Had one bend alloy. And to replace each alloy costs 6000.
    Instead, each steel rims costs 999 and can be replaced easily if any bends. I had hard time diagnozing the steering wobble problem and it was indeed bent alloy wheel. Hence, short is to keep with steel rims.

Infact, Punto alloys weigh more than steel rims. Actually, it should be other way. Just my opinion.
  3. Syed Ilyas

Syed Ilyas Timido

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi. Thanks for your reply. The only reason I want to go for alloys is that I want increase the.rim size. My punto comes with 14 inch and alloys at 15. 15 inch rim will not look good. And also the stock alloys are really nice look at.but if u suggest defects in them I'll go for after market
  4. whitepunto76

whitepunto76 Regolare

Bangalore
    Simple suggestion is to get Linea Steel rims with linea wheel caps. See how it looks. I have mine with same setup. The wheel caps itself looks as if alloys are fitted. Else, call Kawa Auto Mumbai. You may get refurbished alloys for cheaper rates.
    After market is difficult for 98PCD. there are lot of threads in TFI. You may look at it. Probably, the AVA alloys suits best.
  5. nibedk

nibedk Regolare

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @whitepunto76
    Are you sure?? Alloys are just showoff.

Yes they are costlier no doubt to replace. But there are advantages

-- Resistant to corrosion. Thus increasing tire life.
    -- More resistant to bends. In case of accident this can be a life saver.
    -- Lighter than steel rims.
    -- Better dynamics. This may be negligible but this still is an advantage.
    -- Better cooling of brakes. Steel rims are closed. So better braking as well as life of pads.

Regarding your point on alloy being more heavy than steel. Are you talking about the steel rims on Active/Dynamic. If so then you need to consider that tires on Punto alloys are heavier than the skinnier tires of steel rims. Not sure on this though and you may be correct.

And if your observation is correct then stay away from the steel those steel rims. It may not be advisable as they may easily bent in case of hitting rocks or pot holes.

Usually alloys are lighter than steel rims.
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @whitepunto76
    Alloys are not for showoff mate. When my one alloy wheel got damaged I changed with all 4 steel rims considering the given cost of new alloy wheel. Used one year steel rims, had nightmare with these on bad roads, there was situation where myselves stranded in middle of nowhere in night, steel rims are prone to bend alot so the air leak.Removed steel rims and bought one new alloy wheel for 5000 when the offer was On.Alloys are tention less drive doesn't matter the kind of roads.
    Yes you are right , OEM alloys are heavy than steel rims.
    kedarbendre likes this.
  7. whitepunto76

whitepunto76 Regolare

Bangalore
    @nibedk and @Ganges
    I completely agree with your statements. no comments. Its just my bad experience and hence shifted to Steel rims. Past 10000kms, its been a boon compared to my exp using punto oem alloys. Not sure if these were bad set but steel rims are serving my purpose much better than what I have expected. I am running on 195/65/R15 with linea rims. Its upto each individual choice.
    Coming back to Syed's question, best is to source from Kava or from vecto/kht. I think recently they had reduced the price to 6000 odd. Please check with them. Other alternative is on aftermarket alloys with suits 98PCD like AVA alloys/Lenso/Stamford.
    If you are in bangalore, check with A1 Car Care centre (near lalbagh - siddapura). He has few options of alloys for puntos.
  8. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Currently there has been stock of Momo Alloys in India 15" and 16" with 98pcd specific for FIAT. Check with Saimagwheels, bigdaddycustoms or BKTyres in Delhi or Hercules Wheels in Bangalore. 15" is approx 30K for 4 and 16" is 34K for 4
    Krishnamurthy Idaguri likes this.
  9. Anand Shankar

Anand Shankar Amatore

Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    I can swap out my brand new EVO alloys if you want them :D

I have been eyeing the MOMO Raptor for a while now :D
  10. Syed Ilyas

Syed Ilyas Timido

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thank you all for your valuable feedback. It is definitely good to hear out others experience. But I'm more inclined to go for original alloys only because they look fantastic. And will also have proper specifications since they are fiat made.
    I'll definitely give a thought to linea rims too. But I don't go on long trips so damage to alloys will be minimum
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 19, 2015 ---
    Anand please let me know what price you are expecting for the alloys. Also please confirm if they are with or without tyres. Thanks