1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

I am being offered 3 months old Linea from dealer

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by 4mylinea, Jul 26, 2012.

1. 4mylinea

4mylinea

Hello friends,

I booked my Linea MJD Emotion BNW on Friday 20-07-2012, the dealer today has confirmed my Chassis number which he says recieved from TATA to be ending "DLZ" which I presume is April 2012 make, 3 months after its manufactured..So I was wondering whether its fine to accept it?

Kindly suggest?

Thanks
  2. I don't think there's anything wrong with a 3month old car, except that what u get is, of course, a 3 month old, new car. maybe a marginal loss in the case of resale value. you could try to get some extra discounts.
  3. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    3 months shouldnot be a problem at all. The vehicles dispatched from the factory would be more like the first manufactured cars (depending on the variant and colour) first. One of my friend is taking the delivery of a Jan 2102 manufactured car tomorrow. He got an offer of Free insurance+RSA+Reverse parking sensors after negotiation.
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    That should be absolutely fine as long as you do a thorough PDI.
  5. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Go through a pdi and make sure its not an Test drive or driven vehicle, further all are in the PDI
  6. mahesh.bandel

mahesh.bandel Amatore

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I don't think it should be a problem anyways! 3 months new is not at all a problem.
    Just carry out a thorough PDI, satisfy yourself & you are ready to roll.
    All the best with your new possession & do post pics after delivery!
    Happy motoring!
  7. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    3 months is fine. 3 months old or 3 days old, make sure you check the car properly to your satisfaction. :)
  8. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Do a PDI and if everything is fine go for it
  9. IMO, a 3 month old vehicle won't be a test drive vehicle. they'll keep it for more than a year at least.
  10. Arryan

Arryan Regolare

Bhilai
    Linea 1.3
    I have got a DLZ car which arrived at the dealer on 24/07/2012.
    The cars are despatched from the yard on FIFO basis.
    If you have booked Sun Beam Beize then you might have got June 2012 manufactured car.
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2012