1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

I am back to Fiat !

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by sudheerrp, Aug 16, 2013.

1. sudheerrp

sudheerrp

Trivandrum
    Hello Everyone!</SPAN>

First of all, let me thank you for accepting my membership in to the Fiat Family.</SPAN>

I am a project transition manager from Trivandrum, happily married and father of three cute little daughters.</SPAN>

My vehicles:</SPAN>

Two wheelers: – Hero Honda Splendour, Passion and RE Bullet in the past and currently riding (occasionally!) a Suzuki Access.</SPAN>

Four wheelers – Started off with and M800; moved through a Zen, a Matiz, a Santro, a Palio GTX, a Petra D, a Figo D and a Beat D</SPAN>

My love for driving was started by a fiat! When I bought my first fiat – a GTX – while in Bangalore I never thought that I will be addicted to the experience like never had. That resulted in me choosing a Petra D. Unfortunately I had to move to a Ford as the Figo was thought to be the value for money proposition during that time among new launches. It was indeed a good car. But somehow the power started going down as the kilometres I covered started to go up. Then I got an opportunity to come back to Trivandrum. Wife wanted a tall boy; I wanted a diesel – in comes Beat D. It served us good for the daily office commute – peppy, better than the Marutis and Hyundais in corners, but take her to the highway and she is no match to colleagues out there. </SPAN>

So the hunt began again to find another car. I wanted a car well built, with good road manners, good steering feedback, decent power, and of course good looks!</SPAN>
    The contenders were Ertiga ( wife was sold out on the 7 seats!) Sunny/Scala, Rapid, New Fiesta, Vento and Linea. Test drove all of them and many more. Liked Scala, Vento and Linea (scored more in the weighted average as heart also contributed to the calculation from an ex Fiatian) for different reasons. </SPAN>

Finally took wife and kids to review my shortlists. And then happened what the doctor ordered. They liked the Linea most!:D

And we booked a HHB Linea Dynamic from Mohandas Motors, Trivandrum; expecting delivery on 26[SUP]th</SPAN>[/SUP] of August.</SPAN>

I shall post a detailed report on my hunting, test drives and booking experience soon.</SPAN>

Thank You!</SPAN>
    11 people like this.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    First welcome "back" to world of Fiat. And congratulations on Linea.

Is this MJD?
  3. mohanrav

mohanrav Novizio

Bangalore
    Congrats Sudheer! :) I'm sure you will take your camera along with you on the delivery day and post lots of pics.. ;) :)
  4. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    congratulations and welcome back... another linea in tvm !
  5. bak

bak Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congratulations! Welcome BACK!
  6. sudheerrp

sudheerrp

Trivandrum
    Thank You Ravi, Mohanrav, limraj & bak. Yes it's an MJD. Thought of going for Tjet. But my experience with Figo - 32k in 7 months - prompted to go for the MJD.
  7. riturajmnnit

riturajmnnit Amatore

Bengaluru, India
    Linea ...aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah !!

Welcome onboard man :)
  8. S A SHAH

S A SHAH Regolare

Srinagar
    Linea T-Jet
    CONGRATULATIONS,......... There is one thing common in FIAT-cars and FIAT-fans, they can't live without each other.
  9. sudheerrp

sudheerrp

Trivandrum
    Does any one know where in Trivandrum I can get good quality leather seat covers? (Stanley/G Sport) Else I'll have to postpone this to my next Bangalore visit.
  10. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    If you are looking at genuine leather, dont do in tvm, better get it done with vanquish cochin or Karlsons bangalore.