1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

I am a FIAT owner and my experiences owning the FIAT

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by HMV, Jun 29, 2012.

1. HMV

HMV Timido

I am a FIAT owner and my experiences owning the FIAT:

I am a relatively new entrant in to the FIAT cars. I bought my FIAT linea Emotion in 2012 January (2011 model). I had completed 9000 Km till now. I am very happy with the decision I had made. The decision was purely based on the feedbacks received in TFI and other relative forums (Thank you TFI). In the forums except the ASS I could not find any major problem with the product (which in my opinion is as good as or better then Maruti). I took a plunge and bought the FIAT Home. My original plan was to buy 90HP Punto, but family members (read parents, wife and children) vetoed my decision and so I went for the Linea.
    In addition to the Linea I am having a Maruti wagon R (2005 April) and completed 92000 Km till date. Before buying the Linea my entire experience (almost) of driving was only through Wagon R
    First impressions of My Linea:
    · Very comfortable
    · This is too big for me (wagon R effect)
    · Steering gear is very tight and big (wagon R effect)
    · Car is sluggish in first and second gear and response of the throttle is slow but steady (my first diesel)
    · Car bonnet is too long so driving in tight spots a bit difficult.
    · Turbo effect- Awesome

Impression of Wagon R (Now), After driving Linea for 5 Months
    · Is this is a toy car?
    · Car steering is dead and non responsive
    · Frightening to go beyond 60 Km/hr ( I had driven this car constantly above 120!!!!!)
    · All the roads are very bad.
    · Does this will ever stop if I press the brake??

Impression of FIAT Linea (Now), After driving for 5 Months
    · This car is fantastic.
    · ABS is very good
    · Car Speed masking is perfect (How I Know??? My wife used to do back seat driving when I drive Wagon R in the range of 70-90 Km, but now I never heard she asking me to reduce speed even though I am doing 120 +)
    · Know your car and it is easy to maneuver.
    · What a steering and Handling!!!!!!!

Some Incidents in my brief 5 months ownership:

1. One fine day when I was in highway my driver-side mirror touched with another car (both cars in 60+speeds). My car mirror got a small scratch but the other car mirror totally broken and fallen off!
    2. Another day on high way (Between Calicut and Thrissur) I was behind a truck trying to overtake that, but to my surprise the silencer of the truck got detached and fallen just on the way, I experienced the ABS on that day.
    3. I belong to Kerala and coconut trees are very familiar in this part of world. For who do not know coconut trees: Coconuts are comparably heavy and weigh 3-6 Kg when ripe. The same is the case with the coconut leaves, which in approximately 4 meters long and 6-7 kgs in weight. Coconut trees are tall trees averaging 10 meter and above. So what happened?? one coconut leaf (approx 7 Kg) fall on my Linea front glass and on to the bonnet- except a small bulge on the bonnet nothing really happened J

Isn't My(our) car(s) wonderful???
    9 people like this.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Very good start HMV. Do post some pictures as well.

The impression sections are nice to read.

Oh yes, it is!!
  3. saharsh

saharsh Regolare

Congratulations and Enjoy! Wishing you many more miles ahead!
  4. sungoa2010

1 person likes this.
  5. vishnu's

vishnu's Amatore

Congrats HMV!!

I love this part of your post :)
  6. HMV

HMV Timido

Oh No, I never park my car beneath a Coconut tree or any thing like that, I was driving when that happened;)
  7. Fiat1100

Fiat1100 Amatore

Fiat Enthusiast
    Good writeup HMV... Mjoy driving "THE CAR"
  8. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3
    @ HMV, Sorry for the delayed reply! Congrats for your beauty. I truly enjoyed reading your write up! Please share your updated experience and do post few pics of your ride.
  9. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Grande Punto 1.4
    Nice write up! I enjoyed reading.

A friend of mine from Calicut had to replace his WagonR's windshield. Reason given to insurance company was "thenga veezhal" translated "Due to coconut falling" on the windshield.
  10. HMV

HMV Timido

Now a days I am able to see a lot of Puntos and Lineas on the road, specially around Thrissur. Both my daughters aged 7 years and 3 years are very fond of FIATs now, and their favorite time pass on the road is counting the Fiats on the road ( even I like the game now). Both will wave to the fiats they spot on the road.
    My WagonR was christened Panthakam Thullees (there isn’t any specific meaning) but my Daughter (elder) one named it. So now I am planning to Name my Linea as well, so my daughters are busy choosing her a name.
    She completed 10400 Kms as of now and is going strong. A small problem I found: The paint on the driver side (inside) lock/unlock handle is getting scratched due to wear and tear.