1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Hyundai to Fiat..! :)

Discussion in 'Linea 1.3 MJD' started by Vidit Gupta, Nov 18, 2011.

1. Hello Guys....This is my very first ownership review of my Diesel jet MJD...LINEA....here we go ....
    We bought our first hand vehicle in mmmmmm...1998..i suppose..Hyundai Santro(korean model)...standard one ....that time indica was also launched bt i never lyked it instead to of the car was of very modern luk . At that time i was in 3rd or 4th class ...and i was a very big fan of SRK...and tht person was promoting Hyundai Santro ...and a kid is a kid dosen't matter wht d car is bt fallen in luv with tht add and evn with car .....and thn i started papa santro...santro..and we bought it..(silver)colour...and driving it for more than 12yrs..i must say Santro is gr8 car.....thn on june 18 2011...dad met with an accident in which old santro could not resist and we decided to get it repaired and sell it.

Car Selection..uffffff.....
    My family is in mood to buy another hatchback as city traffic is increasing day by day ...bt nw i was grown up and from vry beg. i was int. in automobile sector ..so i convienced my family to buy a sedan so first we went to Hyundai ..as our Santro was gr8 to drive evn after 12yrs...and we started it with Accent..bt only petrol engine..so thr itself i was nt intrested in it as petrol prices are incre. day by day..so decided to TD verna..bt sales agent said tht Fludic is on its way ...thn we went to VW..for Vento ...bt sales executive was least int. to show it and after price list we were nt int.:D...thn heard tht Fiat Linea is gr8 bt not considering it we went to Ford and frm siting inside i was not at all comfertable and thr new fiesta luks lyks Chini mini mauw mauw...
    My family decided to hav a luk at Manza...and after conviencing me we went to Tata...and as i was entering showroom i saw a car frm rear and i asked sales execu. tht is tht BMW...and he said no sir it's FIAT LINEA....well i knew wht Fiat is and iam a big big big fan of Fiat...all my family was int. in Manza bt i was going on starring Linea tht how a car can be so beautiful...i was in complete ...oh no ...sorry i am in complete luv with tht machine ....
    I started searching for it and after price i was very happy as the car is in budget.....and this tym no one convie. anyone...we all were in luv with it and decided to took a TD..sales execu. was a dumb....kuch nhi pata tha use....it was me who explained each and every thing to my family tht wht Fait is..We had a TD and all were happy no lag an all .....jus some tricky wrk and car is awesome frm luks to build...everything.
    Our Santro was at our doorstep luking as new as 12yrs ago she was ...bt nw Our luv is Linea so we Booked Linea (active) Boss Nova white as dynamic was out of budget......
    Twist.......:eek:
    Got a Call frm fiat tht Bossa Nova White is not in stock so hav to select diff. colour .and as our Santro was in Metallic Silver we decided to go for Minimal Grey.....
    Bck to Normal......!!!
    On road price of Linea(Actice) was 8.50 and after discounts an exchan. 12yrs old Santro we paid 6.95 including JVC mouth ...JBL rear and JVC front speaker with two twiters...2yrs extended warranty..basic acce. including Teflon polish...!
    We booked it on 20th July 2011 and time period given to was till 29th July bt we got it on 4 Aug 2011.:eek:...
    Frm Vry First day i was in mood to share my Feelings with you all ...bt i thought let me Enjoy my sexy First...so here i am after 4 months 14 days ...to share my feelings.
    :cool:
    Driving it frm more thn 120 days i can bet ...nw i can nevr evn think to buy any other brand ...Frm the thud of closing doors to the ignition of car..it' all pleasure..suspensions...are gr8..evn on bad road ..My Sexy(linea)..Handels all pot holes so well that no one can deny it after driving it..handling...highway pick...stability on road ...all 's gr8..and and and..all this without compromising with Built Quality..Built Quality is Lyk Tank.
    I am very happy and satisfied with Sexy's perfomance....and evn if we talk about mileage....Linea is giving me 16.9 in city and evn before 1st service...and the best of Linea is luks ..u knw my neighbours are so jeolous tht they all luk as with thr burning eyes ...and soul too...bt yeah their is issue regarding GL...agr dekh ke nhi chalao to bde bde speed breaker pe halki si touch ho jati hain..bt dosen't matter it's the iron plate tht straches not the body.So i'll kepp on posting reviews on My Sexy...
    In one word Linea is AWESOME and ENGINEARING IS BEST EXAMPLE OF AWESOMNESS. or i can say FIAT Linea as FERRARI IN AFFORDABLE TERMS.:cool: LUV U SEXY..!!!!

14092011012.jpg
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2011
  2. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    Congrats on your new car! Please do post more pics! Drive safe! :D
  3. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    Vidit,

Congrats on the new Car and wish you happy miles ahead. Yes you are correct Fiat engineering is the best. Both 1.3 and 1.4 engines won the worlds best engine of the year Awards.

Please post more pics.

It was very difficult to read the italics ;)

Regards
    Vasu
  4. i am trying to post bt files are tooooo large..they are of around 7mb..:(
  5. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Reduce their size before posting. You can easily reduce the size to around 800 - 900kb and still look good for web posting.
  6. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    Congrats on making the leap of faith Vidit. One request, I could only half understand your post due to the cell phone lingo. Would've been more enjoyable to read if words were all conveying meaning like the flowing lines of the Linea. Hope you take this in right spirit. Congrats again.
  7. Edited:Hyundai to Fiat..!!!!:)

Hello Guys....This is my very first ownership review of my Diesel jet MJD...LINEA....here we go ....
    We bought our first hand vehicle in mmmmmm...1998..i suppose..Hyundai Santro(korean model)...standard one ....that time indica was also launched but i never liked it instead to of the car was of very modern luk . At that time i was in 3rd or 4th class ...and i was a very big fan of SRK...and that person was promoting Hyundai Santro ...and a kid is a kid doesn't matter what the car is,how company is but fallen in luv with that add and evn with the car .....and than i started papa santro...santro..and we bought it..(silver)colour...and driving it for more than 12yrs..i must say Santro is great car.....than on june- 18 -2011...dad met with an accident in which old santro could not resist and we decided to get it repaired and sell it.

Car Selection..uffffff.....
    My family is in mood to buy another hatchback as city traffic is increasing day by day ...but now i am a grown up and from very beginning i was intrested in automobile sector ..so i convienced my family to buy a sedan so first we went to Hyundai ..as our Santro was gr8 to drive evn after 12yrs...and we started it with Accent..but only petrol engine..so there itself i was not intrested in it as petrol prices are increasing day by day..so decided to TestDrive verna..but sales agent said that Fludic is on its way ...than we went to VW..for Vento ...but sales executive was least intrested to show it and after price list given by agent we were not intrested in it....than from someone i heard that Fiat Linea is gr8 but not considered it and we went to Ford and from seating in rear i was not at all comfertable and there new fiesta looks like Chini mini mauw mauw...
    My family decided to have a luk at Manza...and after conviencing me we went to Tata(YUK)...but as i enterd showroom i saw a car from rear and asked sales executive that is it BMW...and he said no sir it's FIAT LINEA....well i knew what Fiat is and i am a big big big fan of Fiat too...all my family was intrested in Manza but i was keep on starring Linea that how a car can be so beautiful...i was in complete ...oh no ...sorry i am in complete luv with that machine ....
    I started searching for it on net,readed many mixed reviews(good and bad) and after conferming price i was very happy as the car is in our budget.....and this tym no one convience anyone...as we all were in luv with it and decided to took a TestDrive..Fiat sales executive was a total dumb....kuch nhi pata tha use....it was me who explained each and every thing to my family about what Fiat is..We had a TestDrive and all were happy no lag an all .....jus some tricky work on Gearside and car is awesome from ride,luks to build...everything.
    Our Santro was at our doorstep luking as new as 12yrs ago she was ...but now Our luv is Linea so we Booked Linea (active) Boss Nova white as dynamic was out of budget......
    Twist.......
    Got a Call from fiat that Bossa Nova White is not in stock so have to select different colour .and as our Santro was in Metallic Silver we decided to go for Minimal Grey.....
    Back to Normal......!!!
    On road price of Linea(Actice) was 8.50 and after discounts and exchange 12yrs old Santro we paid 6.95 including JVC mouth ...JBL rear and JVC front speaker with two twitters...2yrs extended warranty..basic accessories including Teflon polish...!
    We booked it on 20th July 2011 and time period given to was till 29th July but we got it on 4 Aug 2011....
    From Very First day i was in mood to share my Feelings with you all ...but i thought let me Enjoy my sexy(Linea) First...so here i am after 4 months 14 days ...to share my feelings.
    Driving it from more than 120 days i can bet ...now i can never even think to buy any other brand ..because.From the thud of closing doors to the ignition of car..it' all pleasure..suspensions...are great..even on bad roads ..My Sexy(linea)..Handels all pot holes so well that no one can deny it after driving it..handling...highway pick...stability on road ...all 's great..and and and..all this without compromising with Built Quality..Built Quality is Lyk Tank(believe me).
    I am very happy and satisfied with Sexy's(Linea) perfomance....and even if we talk about mileage....Linea is giving me 17 in city and even this is before 1st service...and the best of Linea is looks ..you know my neighbours are so jeolous that they all look at as with there burning eyes ...and soul too...but yeah their is issue regarding GroundClearance...agr dekh ke nhi chalao to bde bde speed breaker pe halki si touch ho jati hain..bt dosen't matter it's the iron plate that straches not the body.So i'll keep on posting reviews on My Sexy(linea)...
    In one word Linea is AWESOME and ENGINEARING IS BEST EXAMPLE OF AWESOMNESS. or i can say FIAT Linea as FERRARI IN AFFORDABLE TERMS. LUV U SEXY..!!!!
    3 people like this.
  8. shivraj5624

shivraj5624 Amatore

Belgaum, Karnataka
    belgaum
    Linea 1.3
    Hey Vidit congo on your linea..Even my dad has booked a verna 1.4 crdi fluidic...Now he's about to cancel it..we have planned to book the new 2012 MJD linea..Very excited man...!!!
  9. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    congrats on the car. do post some more pics. these wheels caps on active looks so much like the jet.