1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Hyundai selling spare OTC

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by Sat-Chit-ananda, Dec 31, 2013.

1. According to an advertisement appearing in a daily newspaper, Hyundai Motor India Ltd., has started over-the-counter (OTC) sales of genuine spare parts. The company has opened its first store at Whitefield, Bangalore, called Advaith MOBIS. The operation is jointly run by Advaith Hyundai, Bangalore and MOBIS, official distributors of Hyundai genuine parts.The start of OTC sales will be welcomed by Hyundai customers who might find it inconvenient to visit Hyundai Authorised Service Centres. This initiative will give them the freedom to get their cars attended to at independent workshops, thus enabling them to save time and considerable amounts on labour chargers.
    While some manufacturers like Maruti Suzuki, Tata Motors and Mahindra do sell spares through the OTC route, the vast majority has not warmed up to the idea. However, with Hyundai stepping up, it may not be long before others seriously consider OTC sales of genuine parts.

The start of OTC sales will be welcomed by Hyundai customers who might find it inconvenient to visit Hyundai Authorised Service Centres. This initiative will give them the freedom to get their cars attended to at independent workshops, thus enabling them to save time and considerable amounts on labour chargers.
    While some manufacturers like Maruti Suzuki, Tata Motors and Mahindra do sell spares through the OTC route, the vast majority has not warmed up to the idea. However, with Hyundai stepping up, it may not be long before others seriously consider OTC sales of genuine parts.

Source Hyundai starts over-the-counter sales of spares | Team-BHP

When will FIAT SC's do the same?
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  2. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    I got below items from pandit bavdhan SC OTC

1. Chrome strips
    2. RH Front door weather strip
    3. Quarter glass ornament
    4. AC duct cover
    5. Fiat Logo Rear
    6. Cabin roof lamp

Yes I agree not everybody is selling, FIAT has to instruct the SC to sell the part OTC.
  3. in bangalore KHT normally sells items over the counter,While they used to handle both Punto and Linea in same SC it was easier as Suresh Basari was quite friendly. But i don't get the comfort feeling with Shivram as many a times i had rise my voice and escalate the matter to get the work done by him.
  4. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Shivram left kht around a month back and his replacement person is yet to join. Suresh was his boss but he continues to sit in old Tata service center (being KHT GM of both tata and fiat). you can call him before going there and he will make sure things are done properly. i am telling this based on my experience with him so far.
    1 person likes this.
  5. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    I have the answers to most of these questions, but it is frustrating that I am unable to bring myself to post anything, lest I be honoured with another title.

Sorry guys. I think I will just log out.

Rajan
  6. ^^
    I did not understand!!!

- - - Merged Post - - -

Suresh is very good,no doubt.
  7. Rajan,

I have faced issues of some people blatantly disregarding many of my posts and using a language not expected out of the role they are assigned. Even after being proved they are wrong they never apologized. They can write humiliating response sure.

You alredy know who it is,looks like i also need to move to forum where people feel happy post.
    1 person likes this.
  8. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    I just hope Fiat follows suit. The policy of non-OTC sale of spares is giving some dealers a big chance of fleecing customers in labour charges. Too bad for all fiatians.

Heart sent via Tapatalk for our mutual benefit..!
  9. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Wrote a mail to Shri. Mangesh Kodalkar about the same, don't know if he is 'the person' for such problems.

Still waiting for reply.

On a positive side another issue regarding one ownership transfer issue was handled well. And Torrid Fiat people helped out in a professional manner.

Heart sent via Tapatalk for our mutual benefit..!
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2014