1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Hyundai IGen I20 Test Drive & Review.

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by BoseSuman, Sep 8, 2012.

1. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks Ramesh,

Figo I already drove,

Next in Line:- Below 12L Car & SUV
    Hatchback:- Polo , Swift, and Pulse ( Micra).
    Sedan:- Vento (Rapid), Fluidic Verna, Scala (Sunny).
    SUV:- XUV500 & New Innova.

---------- Post added September 11, 2012 at 12:09 AM ---------- Previous post was September 10, 2012 at 11:45 PM ------------------------------

Thanks Ganges, next review are for Polo, Swift, Pluse (Micra).
    In Ratings are in 4 point scale ( wrongly typed as Rank), will update the same in next review.
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  2. linealover

linealover Regolare

Madras
    exactly ramesh,i could not find in any of the websites,
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Where are these dudes getting the figures from! Maybe straight from Mr. Hyundai. Not doubting the 1220kg figure, but atleast there should be some official source.

I downloaded the i20 brochure ( yes i did!) and even that does not list any kerb weight. It has some useless info like Front and Rear Track (why would a customer even bother to know about the track of the car. 99% wouldn't even know what track is) and the brochure even skips any mention of ground clearance.

The brochure seems to be designed by a team of lawyers trying to hide all weak points. :lol:

FIAT clearly state these things on their website. GO! FIAT ;)
    1 person likes this.
  5. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I agree. Even I had hard time finding the kerb weight of i20.

Here is another source, The official T-BHP review :). It also says that the kerb weight of i20 crdi is 1222.
    Hyundai i20 (1.2P, 1.4D & 1.4 AT) : Official Review - Team-BHP

OT:- Unfortunately, they have missed to include GP 90/75 in the comparison. The power to weight ratio of GP 90 is at 81 BHP/ton, where no other car (Hatch) comes close to this.
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  6. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Owners manual will have it. They are afraid that people will use their brains to calculate and find out the illogical claims from them about FE.

---------- Post added at 02:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 AM ----------

But how they have distributed the weight. The doors doesn't have thud. What is remaining is the roof. That too doesn't look like solid. They might be hanging one big stone some where under the body.
    1 person likes this.
  7. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I am guessing the engine may be heavier.
  8. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    MJD is a all aluminum engine which is lighter(Am I correct?). What about i20 CRDI?

---------- Post added at 04:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 AM ----------

Verna CRDI-1173kg
    Getz CRDI 1137 Verna Crdi Vs GetZ Crdi. EDIT : Finalising on Getz! - Team-BHP

i20's kerb weight is 1222kg . source Fiesta(D) vs I20(D) performance doubt | Buying a Car | Car Forums - CarWale

Petrol i20 is 1066 kg source Hyundai i20 i-Gen Asta India, Variant Review, Price

So what ram guessed looks correct. the extra weight for CRDI comes from engine.
  9. MJD is cast iron engine block,not all aluminum.
  10. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    I booked my punto after having the test ride of i20. That day itself.
    While test ride,
    i20's gears are very smooth.
    But I didnt like the rear seat as these are not as wide as Punto.
    I asked SA a question? i20 is a driver's car or a passenger's car?
    I got the answer as No Idea....

But if you see Punto, then you can seat anywhere as a driver as a passenger.
    You will be happy always.... :)