1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Hyundai IGen I20 Test Drive & Review.

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by BoseSuman, Sep 8, 2012.

1. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    1. Correct, I feel the same 10kmph in 2nd gear engine stopped today, again I had to crank to start. I can drive punto 10kmph in 2nd gear easily.
    2. Diesel clatter was preety obvious in I20, I tested today ( its a very new Car, not a test drive vehicle, :eek:). I was comparing the noise in cabin with Hyundai Fludic Verna, which I felt really silent.And this is a IGen Fuildic I20, so expected the same.
    3. Its a new car, SA Informed me that Steering Rattle issue was solved by Hyundai, but need to check with owners who is using I20 now.
    4. In Gear Accleartion, you can feel in Highway, in dens city traffic you can't feel the same, I20s 6th gear & its gear ratio are the main reason for that.
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2012
  2. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    What does steering rattling problem means in i20? Can someone explain please.
  3. platinumshine

platinumshine Regolare

Steering rattle: In layman's words, when the car goes over a rough patch of road ( not necessarily potholes) e.g. a road where the tar layer has come off or something then the there is a noise from the under the bonnet where two metal rods are banging against each other. The steering wheel remains steady only the column rattles.
    The solution was something like to apply a Hyundai provided grease or put some spring in there; in the end the steeering wheel used to get tightened a bit ;)
    Gee was too layman-ish. :)
    But one thing for sure the noise was too irritating more over in 7+ lakh Rupee car.
    --
    Sorry Kedar but no idea about the technical terms in this issue.
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2012
    2 people like this.
  4. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3

Dear Mod's, another correction needed:- Turbo Lag in lower RPM: - Figo>I20=Punto=Polo. In Resolution Part
    Line will be read as Lesser Turbo Lag in lower RPM: - Figo>I20=Punto=Polo.; Please correct the same with above point also.
  5. singh

singh Amatore

Mohali
    i 20 AC is still lacking , while my punto 2012 the AC is super chiller , Figo AC is same in effectiveness . ICE of figo really scores very high from competition , even new swift has good one.
    Interior plastic quality of swift feels better in my opinion may be due to good texture feel.
    i20 Pulls very strongly after turbo kicks in , in that department no car can compete with i20 , Again over assisted steering scares even at 60kmph. Fronts seats are more comfortable in i20.
    Any Lehman can tell that Punto is Solidly built than i20 After sitting and riding in both.
    Overall comfort is much better in Punto . AT speed till 40-50 i20 feels better, and after 60kmph it start bumping on uneven roads whereas punto glides over.
    We have to agree that i20 has better engine , its just jealously when we dont like i20.
  6. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    i20 may not be light. Can anyone give the weight of new i20 CRDI.
  7. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Suman,
    Nice review :up
    Swift and Micra are missing,these are also strong contenders.Hope very soon you will have hands on these cars as well.
    and revise the ranks/ratings.
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Good effort there Bose.

i20 CRDI is not light at all. It is indeed heavier than Linea MJD.
    The kerb weight of i20 CRDI is 1222 Kgs.
    1 person likes this.
  9. linealover

linealover Regolare

Madras
    i was quite sKeptical, when ramjn told about its Kerb weight

still it manages 0-100 in 13+ sec,

that's what i found in reviews.
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Right from the day of launch, Hyundai is shying away from displaying the Kerb Weight of i20 in its website, brochures and so on. I don't know if they have put it at least in the owner's manual.