1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Hyundai i20 - 2014 Refresh

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by Murphy_Fiat, Jul 30, 2014.

1. sanfiat

sanfiat Amatore

Faridabad, Haryana
    faridabad Haryana
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Looks ok but that unnecessary extension of gizmos below the audio sys where the beige lining ends looks ugly to me.
  2. Bala

Bala Esperto

Looks very premium and big.
    Would sell like hot cakes,Ecosport would sell with discounts henceforth.
    Hyundai should price it reasonably,8l on road for the top variant.
    Looks very low lying, ingress and egress should be very difficult.
    Has an American look, Hyundai should get a lot of export orders.
    Well done Hyundai.
    Add a boot and bring in a sedan below Verna.
  3. gazgotta

gazgotta Amatore

Namma Bengaluru
    Namma Bengaluru
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Elite i20 Launched!

The prices of the all-new Elite i20:

1.2L Era P = 4,89,000,

1.2L Magna P = 5,41,900,

1.2L Sportz P = 5,93,900,

1.2L Asta P = 6,46,900.

1.4L Era D = 6,09,900,

1.4L Magna D = 6,61,900,

1.4L Sportz D = 7,13,900,

1.4L Asta D = 7,66,900.

All prices, ex-showroom Delhi.

Home page - http://www.hyundai.com/in/en/Showroo...PIP/index.html
  4. chetanmohanty

chetanmohanty Amatore

Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I saw the car today while commuting to office.It was a silver color with promotional stickers and the looks were not exciting.The bonnet is not abnormally long as seen in the scoops and there is nothing vow about the car when you see it in person.Those rear lights are just average.
    I had some apprehensions that the elite i20 would look better than Punto evo when i booked my evo, but for me i can take a deep breath as the Evo is the sexiest hatchback indian roads will ever see period.
    4 people like this.
  5. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Linea T-Jet

6. bharath

bharath Regolare

I believe this would come be in the top 10 car sales chart easily! Its Hyundaish look which we may not like since we are Fiat bitten zombies :D but the exteriors & interiors would sweep the public and with features,cabin quality as their major USB ,it would sell like cool beer! Between, I sense a bit of fear or nonacceptance by the fiatians but Common guys ,Hyundai does put a whole hearted effort in our country than our beloved FIAT (Leaving aside the tiny built ,handling package ,who cares here :A) and I find no reason why the new i20 is ugly or bring inconvenience for the masses to buy it.But on the other side ,Punto Evo needs to have a better USB in the form of drivetrains like how VW has plonked a different drivetrain ,gearbox and of course ,marketing.

Pic Source: Autocar

Last edited: Aug 11, 2014
    3 people like this.
  7. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

A couple of website say these are the introductory prices which means based on the response the prices will be changed. If response is good Hyundai will increase, if not so good keep the same prices. Nice Tactics.

Looking at the pics I felt the GC of the Elite is lesser than Evo, its only 170 mm. The clear advantage with Elite is 2 Din HU, 1 GB storage whereas Evo scores in price with a difference of almost 50K between the top diesel and petrol variants.
  8. gazgotta

gazgotta Amatore

Namma Bengaluru
    Namma Bengaluru
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Motorbeam Review of the Elite i20. :cool:

2015 Hyundai Elite i20 First Drive Review | MotorBeam – Indian Car Bike News & Reviews

Verdict – The Hyundai i20 has been a massive success and the new model is only going to take the sales numbers higher.
    Taking a drastic leap in many departments, the new Elite i20 is definitely a big step over its predecessor. While the styling isn’t as eye-catchy as say a Fiat Punto Evo, it does appeal to a majority of people. The interiors have vastly improved and the equipment list easily shames other premium hatchbacks. While the performance remains largely the same, the way this car now rides and handles really deserves an applaud. Still not the segment benchmark in dynamics but the overall theme of comfort and surety is a definite plus. When you factor in the minor increase in price, you instantly realise that the Hyundai Elite i20 is a whole lot more car than the old one and that’s one proposition hard to resist.

What’s Cool
    * Much improved ride and handling
    * Interior space and design
    * Quality and equipment
    * Not much costlier than before for an all new generation model

What’s Not So Cool
    * Petrol engine lacks highway performance
    * Some equipment present on last gen model not offered
  9. gazgotta

gazgotta Amatore

Namma Bengaluru
    Namma Bengaluru
    Grande Punto 1.2
  10. Narayan

Narayan Regolare

Looking at the spec comparisons, and the price list between Puto Evo and i20 elite, I see that Punto will come across as a clear winner when you look at value for money ! I feel, this is a great opportunity for FIAT to tap into ! Earlier when new models were released, they were not even compared with FIAT vehicles, but now, it is accepted that Punto Evo is a very strong contender to the i20 !!! and in my view this is a very good opportunity for FIAT to pick.

If FIAT can showcase good buying experience and some good marketing content/drives, im looking upto this as a game changer for FIAT !

btw, I feel the i20 page resembles a lot with how FIAT website is !!! :)