1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Hyundai Grand i10 with 1.1L CRDi

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by ramjn, Aug 7, 2013.

1. vayfiat

vayfiat Amatore

Bangalore
    I test drove Grand i10 for my friend this weekend. The SA wanted to talk nothing, she was not at all interested to sell the car. When we asked about discounts that we can avail - "Nothing sir... this is a newly introduced vehicle and we have already received lot of bookings. So no discounts".

Regarding test drive:

Pros:

Well designed interiors - will appeal easily to Indian middle class.
    Spacious design, length-wise. Not good enough for 3 people in the back.
    Well priced

Cons:

Engine lacks power in 4th and 5th gear (May be I'm expecting too much). It took me really long to reach from 60kmph to 80kmph. Honda Brio was much better.
    Under-body got scrapped a few times even over average-sized speed-breakers. Brio is excellent with respect to this.
    Unsettled ride and pathetic handling - People at the back were really uncomfortable during the ride.
    Driver seating position was bad - I'm 5ft 6in and my knees were touching the steering when I entered inside (If you adjust steering and seat to the extremes, you may get rid of this).
    AC is not good enough for rear passengers - even with rear vent.
  2. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    So Grand i10 is not at all a Grand car at the end of the day.:evilsmileNice review mate.Thanx a lot.
  3. Rajarshi

Rajarshi Amatore

Kolkata
    FIAT should introduce its new Palio in INDIAN market within the price of 6.5lac. Killer looks and their renowned diesel engine will definitely attract more customer. Unnecessary delay to bring new products in the indian portfolio will increase the difficulties to hold the market share. Slowly but FIAT cars are getting popular in india. Linea almost cross 4.5 yrs and Punto 4 yrs so this is the right time to introduce Palio again...
  4. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    If Fiats wants to get the palio, they will have to give a different name to the car. Palio won't click due to past history.

On another note, why would they want to launch a product in the segment which has thin margins and competition is like blood bath. More over they are concentrating on the C segment SUV/pseudo SUV which has better margin and growth. Thats the reason you see they are concentrating on that segment now.

Sent from my GT-N7000
  5. Rajarshi

Rajarshi Amatore

Kolkata
    The Jeep brand that they are trying to bring in INDIA will compete directly with Range Rover , VW , BMW. I dont think that they will bring something that will compete with Duster or Terrano. I understand that Jeep is a premium brand but FIAT is for common man. In my opinion FIAT should concentrate in <10lac budget cars. Everyone knows that Maruti and Hyundai are key player in <10lac budget cars and for > 10lac cars they are big 0. FIAT has Punto as premium segment car but they should have a entry level car as well. Palio is the best answer for Grande i10.
  6. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Gadag
    Jeep brand wil bring its B & C segment suv's in 2015 to compete with Duster,Terrano & Ecosport.First they are adopting Top down approach,they will bring first their flagship models Jeep Grand Cherokee & Wrangler & then they will bring their small compact suv's.Yes Jeep is a premium brand & FIAT is for common man.Right Maruti & Hyundai are big 0 players in above 10 lacs segment.Palio is little bit compact than Grand i10,in my opinion i would say FIAT should bring in Panda which is the best answer to Grand i10,its size is similar to Grand i10 but in their future plan its not mentioned:A.
  7. vayfiat

vayfiat Amatore

Bangalore
    Yeah! as usual they did what they can do. Bring out an average engine and showcase as Grand! I don't argue on the "value for money" aspect of it though. A brilliant buyer who wants a city car in the same segment should go for Brio. Anyway, I started liking my Punto more and more. In fact, I was enjoying the planted and settled ride back home... :) I started appreciating the SAs at KHT and service I have got from them so far. I'm sure my experience there was much better than that of Hyundai and Maruti (worst experiences with Dad's WagonR).
  8. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Gadag
    Grand i10's Diesel engine is average compared to Fiat's Multijet diesel engine.Yup Brio is better city car than Grand i10.Yup i too started liking my Punto more than our previous car's which my dad owned Hyundai's,Maruti's,This is the First Fiat in our family & next car would be Linea surely.Fiat's are planted & ride is settled even at speeds of 170-180.Thats good to know that Fiat's service is better than Hyundai & Maruti in Bangalore.