1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Hyundai Eon

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by vishnu's, Oct 1, 2011.

1. Bala

Bala Esperto

That was the reason why Chevy came with numerous Full page advts for Spark and Beat.
    Endgame for Spark and alto(ofcourse AStar and estillo as well)
  2. sungoa2010

The smooth and powerful engine of Alto k10 cannot be neglected.
  3. This car is having same engine as 10 year old Santro minus one cylinder.why customers are being sold old stuff with new package?
    I feel sorry for people who buy this car.
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    Grande Punto 1.3
    just now had a test drive of my friend's EON in my office,it is better than alto :) especially if ur 6 feet tall
  5. sungoa2010

6. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

I wonder where the hell are we going with such stuff? This thing/Alto/Nano, well the expense of their ride is 4-5 Rs/km if you switch on the AC:A? Not to mention these cars safety aspects. I feel Hyundai/Maruti are in fact degrading the automotive standard of India with such terrible efforts. I have seen E-None's:shock:, NoNo's & lot of Alto's, utterly cheap & ugly looking think from behind as well as front. EON have a slight edge over Nano/Beatz in ugliness because of that Cheap looking huge plastic lights all over it's bonnets & same at it's rear. That would shame Chinese toys to opt for. Alto is best of all of these & least cheap looking/ugly.

I feel like rubbing shoulder & topple over as soon as i see a parked one. Why not to take a bus/metro/train or even walk instead of exhibiting the cheap mentality while riding these things:mrgreen:. Car is still a status symbol in India rather than necessity/fun/passion & people opt for anything that could be termed as a car in desperation for status..???

@Sungoa: One doesn't need to be inspired for creating this thing. If any emotion what so ever plays a part, It's the hatred for the Indian people that will motivate Hyundai designers ...errr... artists to create anything like this:lol
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2012
  7. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Yes ENKI. Even I am wondering how come a 3 cylinder version of a 10 year old Santro's Engine becoming a hit with such a tiny box. Its not priced cheap either.
  8. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

I bet these thing would run at the same costs of a CIVIC/ALTIS. Those small size engines doesn't really drink less. You load the car with 2 people, switch on the AC & they will turn into gas guzzlers. VW/FIAT are managing the downsizing of engines but look at the technologies they are using to achieve equivalent results. I still remember my Bro In Law's Santro Zip drive :)lol) which used to give 7-8 KM/ltr with AC on in Mumbai heat 2002-2003. I was proud of my MPFI ZEN then with 10 KM/ltr with AC on in those days:cool. These people are making more margins in this cheap stuff than their c segment cars. If NoNo can be built in TATA plants@ Rs 50000 (There is 110% taxes till a vehicle reaches out to customer) & TATA still managing margins on Nano, what the hell this Alto/E NONE's are doing to Indian customers other than Absolutely milking them. One of my relative bought a K10@3,60,000 on road:shock:.
  9. Toruk_Macto

Toruk_Macto Amatore

Don't blame manufacturers. It's what people wants. They know people in india may not have a proper house to live, but everyone wants a caaaar ! To show off. There are 3 centuries living in india and those who are living in third world, don't damn care about safety, ride & handling etc. What they want is a mechanical device that has 4 wheels. Manufacturers like Maruti, chevy, hyundai, Tata are cashing on this concept. They want to show the dream of a car to a person who thinks he can buy a bike. Eventually, that dream becomes reality.
  10. sungoa2010

Leave the technology and ride, what about the design? Is there any similarity between Ford Ka and Eon? Even I have noticed a effort of copying Bravo's rear in i20.