1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Hyundai Eon

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by vishnu's, Oct 1, 2011.

1. vishnu's

vishnu's Amatore

Hyundai Small car 'Eon' to hit Indian market in Oct-11. Booking started from today(1-Oct-11). It seems Hyundai is trying hard to topple Maruthi from the No 1 spot in India. A car which will offer a stiff competition to Alto the most selling model for MS.

Source:http://daily.bhaskar.com/article/BIZ-AUT-hyundai-eon-booking-starts-today-2470389.html

R,
    Vishnu
  2. Some pics of the EON.

EON.jpg

EON1.jpg

EON2.jpg
  3. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    It will be a ALTO killer. Hyudai priced it very well and they got near about 5000 booking.

Booking amout Rs. 25000.
  4. anoop

anoop Superiore

the interiors are much much better than alto, and the car looks better too. This one looks like a potential winner.
  5. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Linea T-Jet
    Being a Hyundai, it will sell like hot cakes. And it looks much much better than the Alto
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2011
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    I really cant make out whether it's an Eon or an i10. Car manufacturers are following the formula of "same shape, different size" religiously today.
  7. Avinash

Avinash Amatore

Puducherry
    United Kingdom
    Linea 1.3
    I've already checked EON last week! As i know the hyundai dealer in pondicherry, got the hands on EON. Though i didn't drive, as test drives are still not available, the initial feeling of the car was good!

INTERIORS: Definitely far far better than Alto! The car that's available in pondy is a BLUE mid-variant. The fit and finish was good. Aux-in is available in the mid-variant itself. The central dash-board design is similar to that of most hyundai hatchbacks, like i10 etc. Seating postion was good! But the horn pad and steering looked low in quality.

EXTERIORS and ENGINE: The overall finish was good. Fog lamp is being offered in the high end version. The design is almost similar to i10. Start the engine, and you can feel the vibrations in the gear rod! NVH levels are not good. Engine noise was 'OK' in idle. As i was not allowed to drive the vehicle out of the stock-yard, not sure how it is while driving.

PRICING: The mid-variant in pondicherry: 2.2 lakh only!!! :p

OUT OF TOPIC: Got a hint that hyundai is seriously working with i45!!! Gosshh... Fluidic Verna, Santa FE AT, Eon, and now... i45!!! I've already spotted i45 many times. Though i don't have the pics, i45 (white) can always be found, in chennai-bangalore highway, as i often used to go to chennai from vellore!
  8. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Yeah Alto start counting the days now, as the interior of EON is much more refreshing that the ugly altos, Yeah the front nose looks similar to i10, But its way ahead of the alto... and priced perfectly in the square, Hope Fiat-India gets its small car with the Right Pricing.....
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Maruti guys would be sweating buckets i'm sure at the sight of Eon targeting Alto.

It does look to be a real challenge. How's the rear seat legroom and headroom?
  10. baska

baska

Chennai
    yes, i45 dummy bodies are in the paintshop. First I thought it was fluidic verna. First they will be producing white and silver colors, then black and grey.
    EON has good interiors and the legroom is quite adequate. They are working on the vibration thing from the car. It should be alright.