1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Hyper Fiat 1100 - MODestoration of WMJ 333

Discussion in 'Classic and Retro FIAT's' started by ariesonu, Jun 9, 2015.

1. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @ariesonu

Hats off for pulling in a great feat. Congrats on the restoration, its looks like its restored to its pristine glory. I would for one like to see it more in person, how about getting it to the Mumbai meet?
    ariesonu likes this.
  2. ariesonu

ariesonu Novizio

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Mumbai meet: When & Where?
    I am so excited to be part of TFI meet, when it happens.
    :happy:However please don't mind, if you find me gushing over her and talking incessantly about her and our journey together so far.:D

Regards-Sonu
    prabhjot likes this.
  3. csr1969

csr1969 Amatore

KA 38, bidar, AP 10 secunderabad
    hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Hi @ariesonu the car is begging for chrome bumpers. Otherwise the car is a great restoration. Congratulations...........;)
    prabhjot likes this.
  4. ariesonu

ariesonu Novizio

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Thank you bro, but I will not be putting bumpers on her. She stays RALLY style.
    From the angle of photos she does look incomplete but once you see her in person, you will agree with me.

Regards-Sonu
  5. Ravi_M

Ravi_M Regolare

Indore
    Indore
    Linea 1.3
    Both cars look very cute. Years ago, I have enjoyed rides in my brother's fiat '67 model, the one that has similar reverse door for front seats. I found that more convenient for entry.
    I find the original tyres go well with the car than the punto ones.

Was the problem you faced sorted?

Ravi
    ariesonu likes this.
  6. Vidhyashankar Kannan

Vidhyashankar Kannan Regolare

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    superb restoration and very nice photos. I do hope your Fuel Filter issue has been sorted out. Let us know. And congratulations on owning such a rare gem in this crazy world today. It is beautiful!
    ariesonu likes this.
  7. ariesonu

ariesonu Novizio

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Thanks Ravi & VK. The issue got sorted by cleaning the CARB & flushing about 250 ML of water from fuel line. Then went for extensive service and got the entire fuel tank drained (10 odd liters of Petrol) and dried by using compressed air. Re-added the petrol as we did not find any trace of water in tank. Meanwhile even the fuel line was blown through by compressed air.
    Added Maruti performance Fuel Filter (AMAZON ONLINE- Rs 360/-) between electronic (had added one during resto) & original fuel pump

During all this exercise, I over-stressed the starter & blew its carbons. So had to get it serviced too.
    Now she buzzes to life at half a crank.
    Total damages Rs 1000/- + Fuel filter cost
    IMAG0919.jpg

Regards-Sonu
    prabhjot, Ilango and anoop like this.
  8. ariesonu

ariesonu Novizio

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    The fuel tank is becoming a nuisance and even after three through cleanings, I get fine sand like rust which has resulted in changing 3 fuel filters so far.
    I am now on lookout for best alternate fit in plastic tanks from modern cars.
    Any leads would be welcome.

Regards-Sonu