1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Hyper Fiat 1100 - MODestoration of WMJ 333

Discussion in 'Classic and Retro FIAT's' started by ariesonu, Jun 9, 2015.

1. ariesonu

ariesonu Novizio

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    The make up:

I missed to mention about preparation of car for her final shade and this is shortly before we plonked the engine:
    The "BARE" metal. There was a moment when I thought of going for transparent color coat. She looked so METALLIC ;)

Well this is as NAKED as it can get.
    WP_20150129_13_42_08_Pro.jpg WP_20150129_13_42_25_Pro.jpg WP_20150129_13_42_40_Pro.jpg WP_20150129_13_43_02_Pro.jpg WP_20150129_13_44_05_Pro.jpg WP_20150129_13_44_38_Pro.jpg WP_20150129_13_44_49_Pro.jpg

It is from here that she started getting 3M putty coats and lots & lots of sanding.
    At some places you can see the soldering material that is used by company to fill the JOINTS of different panels during assembly line production.

Regards-Sonu

NEXT: The curtain raiser :happy::joyful::):joyful::):happy:
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2015
  2. Vidhyashankar Kannan

Vidhyashankar Kannan Regolare

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    In one word, Fantastic! I opened another browser window to see the initial photos of the car when you brought it. It was a rust bucket with no metal in some places. And now it is structurally complete! And also done to such a good level of tolerance. Your team of shopfloor workers have filled in the gaps beautifully. Much respect to you and the team of workers for such commitment levels. I will be waiting to see the final finished product.
    ariesonu likes this.
  3. Mabams1826

Mabams1826 Amatore

Erode
    ERODE
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Hi Sonu,
    been following ur thread since the first post, I had always felt we don't have people like Count Customs in India( at least not known to me) but now you have taken care of that.
    I am sure the final version is going to be a one heck of a product, congrats in advance.
    In fact one of my schoolmate ( we are still close) had done a similar project 20 years back in Coimbatore, he put a Dihatsu diesel engine inside milli Santo and redid the whole upholstery and put alloys as well.
    The colour was navy blue and the car was treat to watch.
    Unfortunately one our other friend drove the car straight into the compound wall of his house, and the steering column after that was a total mess and our romance was over.
    We were all just 20 during that time and I have not even driven a bike then....
    Will speak to him to see if he has any snaps of the car.....
    ariesonu likes this.
  4. ariesonu

ariesonu Novizio

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    Thanks . MILLICENTO (Italian for 1100) were popularly known as DUKKARS in India.
    20 year back, these cars must have been readily available and hence MODIFICATION must have been a high point. I have heard of few 1100's prepped for rallies and races. At one point of time, I wanted this car in BMW M3 blue color but later stayed back with BERRY RED. Do try to find pics, if possible of your friend's car. Unfortunately camera's were rarity in those days.

In my case I simple wanted a daily drive, no fuss & comfortable car.
    For my ORIGINAL Millecento, please do check the thread. http://www.teamfiat.com/threads/1956-millecento.9302/

Am updating this thread too:

Regards-Sonu
  5. ariesonu

ariesonu Novizio

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    After a MODestoration process of almost 08 months, the lady in red came home yday.
    Here with her proud owner: ME
    IMAG0853.jpg

A friend who is an automotive photographer will be doing the much required photos shoot & thence will post the detailed pictures.

Regards-Sonu
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2015
  6. Vidhyashankar Kannan

Vidhyashankar Kannan Regolare

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    Wow Sonu! A hearty congratulations on restoring that gem back to life. From whatever little I can see in the photo above, you have done a superb job on it. The pride shows on your face and rightfully so. Please post the photos at the earliest. I am using your example to show everyone. Wonderful job!
    ariesonu likes this.
  7. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    Wowwww. Simply Superb. More Pictures Please
    ariesonu likes this.
  8. testdrive

testdrive Amatore

Chennai
    Great work Sonu and team!!!
    ariesonu likes this.
  9. Saket Sidana

Saket Sidana Regolare

Delhi NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    Super! Amazing passion. Congrats @ariesonu.
    ariesonu likes this.
  10. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    That's amazing @ariesonu ! That car in background is gonna give the modern gen's a run for their money! Those punto alloys are looking killer and color chosen.. 'Nuf said:stop::muted:!

It rocks!
    ariesonu likes this.