1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Hyderabad to Midnapore-Long Drive in FIAT :)

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by BoseSuman, Jan 20, 2014.

1. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Update:-

28.01.2014:-
    Kanthi to Kolkata (Dhakuria), via Nandakumar-Kolaghat, Kanthi to Kolkata is 2 lane but excellent road till Nandakumar. From Nandakumar to Kolaghat NH41 is beautiful 4 lane smooth road. Kolaghat to Kona expressway is NH6- 6 lane in progress-lots of diversion. Kona>Vidyasagar setu>AJC Bose road Fly Over>Ballyguange>Gariahat>Dhakuria. 2:10 P.M Kanthi>3:15 P.M Kolaghat>4:30 P.M Vidyasagr Setu>5:15 P.M Dhakuria.

Teaser Pic:-

Punto (Her Second trip to Digha ;) ) infront of Digha state general hospital ( where I spent my childhood 1985-1990, my Father worked here during this period before moved to my Home town).

Digha is completely changed now, beautiful.

Digha.JPG

- - - Merged Post - - -

Thnaks Sathish,

Jaleswar to Chnadaneswar is really good except 5 km broken road. Chandaneswar to Digha beautiful 2 lane road, First time I saw border of 2 state road maintained beautifully. Digha to Kanthi to ok with Potholes.

Kanthi to Nandakumar 2 lane beautiful road without any potholes, smooth road. Nandakumar to Kolaghat beautiful NH41-4 lane :).
    2 people like this.
  2. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Linea 1.3
    Tomorrow:- 01-feb, we are going back to Hydearbad from Kolkata.

Route:- Kolkata>Kharagpur>Balasore>Bhubaneswar>Vizag>Rajhamundry>Vijayawada>Hyd.
  3. Have a safe trip.:redcar

Happy to serve you.:bye

Regards
    Dev Prakash
    Shree Bharat Motors Ltd (FIAT BHUBANESWAR)

4. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Linea 1.3
    Reached Safely in Hyd home yesterday night 9:00. Strated from vizag at 10:45 A.M.

Total Distance coverd near 3450 KM ( Hyderabad>Kanthi>Kolkata>Kharagpur>Hyderabad). Mixed of Highway & City travel (Kolkata-Kanthi-Digha). Avg in MID:- 18.2 KMPL.

Kolkata to Hyderabad return 1600 Km, Avg:- 18.5. Velocity:- 100-130.

A special thanks to Mr Dev (owner of Bharat Motors) to help me to get one Michelin tyre while running from Kolkata to Hyd return journey. This one sentence is not sufficient to express the cordial & friendly help from Mr Dev. I will write the full story of driving without stepny and 3 -195/65 P3ST & 1- 195/60 GT3 from Kolkata to Bhubaneswar.

Hi Dev, Thanks for your help, you came as life saviour for me :).
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2014
    4 people like this.
  5. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Linea 1.3
    Finally we made this trip. Sorry for delayed update due to work was not active here.

Date was scheduled to start on 25[SUP]th[/SUP] January morning from Hyderabad, stay at Vizag, 26[SUP]th[/SUP] from Vizag to Kanthi, 28[SUP]th[/SUP] January Kanthi to Kolkata, 1[SUP]st[/SUP] Feb Kolkata to Vizag via Kharagpur, 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] Feb Vizag to Hyderabad.

As usual came back from office late at 11:00 P.M. So wake up late and were 3hrs behind our schedule.

HM1.JPG

HM2.JPG

Started 11:00 A.M from Miyapur, Hyderabad. Thorugh ORR it was blissful drive as usual.Due to new rule I didn’t cross 120 KMPH, was with 100-110 in ORR, got used to this velocity and continued till Suryapet. Reached Suryapet at 1:00 P.M, finished our lunch and started from 7 at 1:30 P.M. 7 is very good restaurant (food court) with multiple vendors with very good food.

7 Pics:-

HM3.JPG

Reached Vijayawada at 3:00 P.M ( 330 KM in 4 hrs, avg Speed was 80, due to consistent 110-120 KMPH velocity).

NH9- Suryapet>Vijayawada

HM4.JPG

Due to traffic we are late to leave Vijayawada 4:00 P.M. Reached Rajahmundry at 6:30 P.M (520 KM). Had tea break & snacks for 30 minutes. Started 7:00 P.M, reached friends home at 10:00 P.M.

Vijayawada>Rajahmundry NH5:-

HM5.JPG

HM6.JPG

Stat:- total 700 KM in 11 hrs with 1 hr break.Velocity 100-110 KMPH ( avg 80KMPH), Mileage 19KMPL.

Stat pics.

HM7.JPG

HM8.JPG

Started Vizag from 10:00 A.M, reached vizag outskirt at 10:45 A.M. Now this road is solo drive fro me for first time. Last time we reached during whole evening time to Bhubaneswar. Last time Chandan da took 5 hrs to reach Bhubaneswar from vizag ( including 20 km Rambha inside driving- 1hr driving there due to NH5 was not operational that stretch in 2011). Thought of checking the time with 110-120KMPH to reached BBSR.

Vizag Outskirst ( Stadium):- 10:45 A.M> Brahmapur :-1:00 P.M (260 KM), Bhubaneswar 3:45 P.M (425 Km). Not bad, 425 Km in 5 hrs with consistent 110-120 KMPH. Thanks to Superior road. Lets pics say this.

Vizag> BBSR NH5 pics.

HM9.JPG

HM10.JPG

HM11.JPG

Left Cuttack at 5:30 due to traffic, reached Balasore (615 KM) at 7:30 P.M, had tea break their, started at 8:00 P.M.

Now the known Balasore diversion started with repair of NH60, Single 2 way road but decent space to freely moving of 2 big vehicle face to face directions, maintained 80-90 KMPH and reached Jaleswar (670 KM) at 8:45 P.M.

Now the complete unknown territory started as we took Orissa state highway 57 from Jaleswar to Digha. But my surprise except 5 km broken road is really beautiful 2 way 2 lane road. Chandaneswar to Digha is really superior smooth road, first time I saw state border road maintained so beautifully ( this is not NH, SH of Orissa & Bengal). Entered Digha, and to my surprise, its looks like beautiful sea-town and developed now with beautiful road & amenities. Reached Sister’s home at 10:30 night. Digha to Kanthi is ok road with potholes.

Stat pics:-

HM12.JPG

HM13.JPG

HM14.JPG

Next day we went to Chandaneswar again to perform Puja at famous Siva Temple. Returned to Kanthi and spent time with family as that day was my Sister’s wedding anniversary.

Digha Pics.

HM15.JPG

HM16.JPG

HM17.JPG

28.01.2014:-
    We started for Kolkata from Kanthi.

Kanthi to Kolkata (Dhakuria), via Nandakumar-Kolaghat, Kanthi to Kolkata is 2 lane but excellent road till Nandakumar. From Nandakumar to Kolaghat NH41 is beautiful 4 lane smooth road. Kolaghat to Kona expressway is NH6- 6 lane in progress-lots of diversion. Kona>Vidyasagar setu>AJC Bose road Fly Over>Ballyguange>Gariahat>Dhakuria. 2:10 P.M Kanthi>3:15 P.M Kolaghat>4:30 P.M Vidyasagr Setu>5:15 P.M Dhakuria.

Kanthi to Kolkata Pics.

HM18.JPG

HM19.JPG

HM20.JPG

HM21.JPG

HM22.JPG

HM23.JPG

HM24.JPG

HM25.JPG

Vidyasagar Setu:-

HM26.JPG

AJC Bose Roadl:-

HM27.JPG

South City Mall:-

HM28.JPG

Inside Kolkata we went to Dakhineswar temple, Kalighat temple. Rajarhat-Saltlake to meet my friends.

Dakhineswar pics.

HM29.JPG

HM30.JPG

Incident :-

While going from saltlake to Rajarhat, a turn became fatal for right rear tyre near Webel. Michelin Tyre got cracked due to sharp edge from divider ( not able to judge to signal). Due to this I was not aware that tyre got cracked, went to my company’s Kolkata office, while I was waiting for my friend saw this crack. Though just a crack, will replace ASAP. Tried to get any Michelin dealer, failed. Drove with this tyre for 100 KM more in city, went to couple of places . While parking saw that tyre flat completely.So changed with stepny (195/60 R15 GT3). This was happened on 29[SUP]th[/SUP] night, tried to call one Michelin dealer, but no success.

I thought I will change this at FIAT-Bhubaneswar, and just a thought came on mind Dev is a TFI-friend. Called Him on 30[SUP]th[/SUP] Jan afternoon and told my situation, He replied to send my SMS with Tyre details. I have sent SMS to him.
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2014
  6. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Linea 1.3
    1[SUP]st[/SUP] Feb we started from Dhakuria at 9:30 A.M, Reached Kona expressway at 10:00 A.M. Filled full tank.

Stat before leaving Kolkata:-

HM31.JPG

HM32.JPG

HM33.JPG

Trip Reset:-

HM34.JPG

Started for return journey. 12:00 P.M reached Kharagpur, 2:15 P.M Balasore. Lots of Diversion in NH6 ( due to 6 lane work in progress ) & NH60 (due to Repair work).

HM35.JPG

HM36.JPG

HM39.JPG

HM40.JPG

HM41.JPG

Had lunch at Balasore, left there at 2:45 P.M. Reached BBSR at 5:30 P.M, Went direct to Bharat Motots.

Dev was waiting for me, and helped me to change Tyre. He already ordered Michelin P3st 195/65 tyre from His Own pocket.
    He told Workshop manager & his team to complete this work very fast as I was heading to Vizag that day. I went to His Showroom & Workshop and saw his beautiful work on linea & punto with coloured mirror, roof. Hats off to your innovative thinking.

He helped me immensely & his team also so greatful on response. I was really surprised & impressed to see his guidance & attitude towards customer and their issue in spite of being owner of Bharat motors. I hope if other FIAT Showroom & ASS team try to improve at least 25% of your dedication, no customer will be disheartened in India. I felt Why You and your team became number 1 in East India within 6 months of operation.

I am wishing you, with your friendly attitude & behavior You & your team will be number 1 in India very soon. Best wishes for this to Mr Dev & His team from Bharat motors.

Bharat Motors pics with Dev.

HM42.JPG

HM43.JPG

Left Bharat Motors at 6:45 after spending good time in Bharat Motors in Bhubaneswar.

But due to traffic We left BBSR at 7:30 P.M. Reached friends home at 1:00 A.M ( Vizag Outskirt towards Hyd).
    02.02.2014:- Left Vizag at 10:30 A.M reached Miyapur Home at 9:30 P.M. Crossed a Milestone in HYD ORR near Gachibowli (50K Mark in 3 years 7 months).

Stats:-

Return Journey

Kolkata to Vizag:-

HM44.JPG

HM45.JPG

Kolakata to Hyd.

HM52.JPG

HM53.JPG

HM54.JPG

HM55.JPG

Total:- Hyd>Kanthi>Kolkata>Kharagpur> Hyd.

Milestone reached

HM46.JPG

HM47.JPG

Total Stat:-

HM48.JPG

HM49.JPG

HM50.JPG

HM51.JPG
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2014
    4 people like this.
  7. sathishgv

sathishgv Regolare

Paradip, odisha
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I felt that your narration was also doing 100-110 kmph as your drive, very fast but to the point. Absolutely true about Mr. Dev, I never felt joyous taking my car to a service center before. His team is very young and dynamic and very helpful too.
    1 person likes this.
  8. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Linea 1.3
    Next Long Trip planned in Nov to hometown again- Now in Linea ( As I got the delivery after my parents return to hometown so decided to visit with Linea).
    Same route:- First Day:- Hyd>Vijayawada>Rajahmundry>Vizag, Second Day:- Vizag>Bhubaneswar>Kharagpur>Midnapore. Return same way.
    Ravi likes this.
  9. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Linea 1.3
    Another Long drive towards my hometown: - This time in Linea. Punto travelled to hometown twice and now linea’s turn to prove it is more comfortable journey.

Earlier we had plan to go to hometown on Durga Puja festival, due to fever I had to cancel this trip last moment and all 4 days leave spent on Hyderabad to recover. Now the next leave already planned from Nov14 to Nov23. So decided to go by road as it is canceled during Durga Puja.
    As usual returned late from office on 13th Nov, all packing done and we were ready to fly.
    Started 9:30 A.M from Madinaguda Home. It took 30 minutes to reach outer ring road after Infosys office at gachibowli due to office time jam as it was usual business day.

I love to drive on the same road, outer ring road>RFC>Vijayawada. It took flat 3.5 hrs to reach near Kanakdurga temple road with 30 min coffee break at suryapet. Due to traffic Jam & Lunch we were late and started from Vijayawada at 4 P.M. it took 2.5 hrs to reach Rajahmundry as the road work with patch in good shape now. After 30 minutes tea break started from Rajahmundry reached vizag at 10:00 P.M at APTDC hotel-MVP colony.

Total:- 735 KM from Madinaguda to MVP colony, same road but different vehicle- Linea.
    Drive is more comfortable & plush than Punto. Thanks to reduced GC kit, we never felt any undulation at high speed too. Like very much smooth drive.

Next day more enjoyable road Vizag to Bhubaneswar:- 425 Km. Awesome smooth road. After breakfast we left hotel at 9:30, filled diesel & air pressure. Around 10 we were out from Vizag. Reached Bhubaneswar outskirt at 2:00 P.M. Reached hotel & after lunch left Bhubaneswar at 3:30. Thanks to traffic on that day,within 30 minutes we crossed Cuttack, else it is 1-1.5 hrs during traffic. Reached Balasore around 6:00 P.M. Now the nightmare started. Balasore to Kharagpur -115KM took 3 hrs as the road is worst most in NH60 till Belda.

We had decided to go Kolkata on Saturday so took turn from Kharagpur on NH6, 6 lane almost completed with many flyover is done on this raod. Reached Santragachi on kona expressway at 10:30 P.M. Another Nightmare was waiting for us as traffic jam as all truck was entering Kolkata. It took 10:30 to 12:15 to reach Dhakuria.

Next day we started towards our home town, so same return way till Kharagpur and then took right turn on NH60 towards Midnapore ( which is 15 Km from Kharagpur). Home sweet home after 1 year.

We went to Chandrakona road where M y father built a temple of Maa Tara ( Kaali Mata, another version of Maa Durga). It is 35Km from hometown and Mahamaya temple( Maa Durga temple) near Karnagarh ( historical place and residence of quween Shiromoni who lead the war against british name Chuar revolution).

Friday 21st nov My father had appointment with doc at Kolkata. So visited Kolkata with Dakhineswar temple visit. Returned on the same day.

22nd Morning we started for Vizag from Midnpore. 23rd evening we reached at Madinaguda home.

Total journey ( Including Kolkata and sight seeing):- 3717 Km,
    Avg mileage:- 17.0 KMPL ( last time in Punto it was 18.0KMPL). So Fiat knows my driving style with mileage.

Top Speed:- Day light- 160 KMPH ( Hyd-Vijayawada, Balasore- Cuttack and Vizag to Bhubaneswar section). Without daylight:- 100 KMPH.
    Cruising speed:- range of 120-140 KMPH at daylight mostly at 130 KMPH. Without daylight:-range of 8-100 KMPH mostly at 90KMPH.

I was comforable to drive punto at 110-130 range ( mostly drove at 120), as linea is heavier car nearly 150Kg more, increased the limit as 120-140 ( so the drive is mostly at 130). In this speed I can control my car comfortably, so never tried more than this (except couple of time tried 150 or 160 when road is complete straight for 5 km and full empty in daylight).

Madinaguda Home:-Hyd.

HM-1.JPG

Vijayadada:- near KFC

HM-2.JPG

Vizag:-

HM-6.JPG

HM-7.JPG

stat till vizag:-

HM-3.JPG
    HM-4.JPG
    HM-5.JPG

Mahanadi bridge-Cuttack

HM-8.JPG

Stat till Kolkata:-

HM-9.JPG

HM-10.JPG

HM-11.JPG

Pics at Home Midnapore:-

HM-12.JPG

HM-13.JPG

HM-14.JPG

HM-15.JPG

Temple at Chandrakona:-

HM-16.JPG

Near Karnagarh temple:-

HM-17.JPG

Kolkata:-

HM-18.JPG

At Dakhineswar temple:-

HM-19.JPG

HM-20.JPG
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2014
    sandipan_r15, Ravi and pabhishek like this.
  10. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Linea 1.3