1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Hyderabad to Hampi Via Gokarna

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by N Kiran, Jan 7, 2014.

1. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    My bad. I thought Gokarna Beach is also called as Paradise Beach. Edited the same.
  2. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Kiran, I thought you had read the following post of mine from your holiday suggestions thread ;);)
  3. N Kiran

Hyderabad
    I did read your suggestion Shams. It was in the back of my mind, but never really took Gokaran seriously. Sorry :(.

Valparai was the first choice on our list and we concentrated more on it. We had to drop Valparai as we couldn't find any accomodation during our trip period, given the fact that it was X-mas time and almost all accomodations were booked till the year end. We even din't have any accomodation reserved at Gokarna and Hampi too. We just took a chance and drove down to Gokarna after weighing the odds. Hampi was another impromptu decision taken at Gokarna. There is much more to the story. All the thought process and our adventures probably will be covered in the Travelogue to be posted by Hurricanes.
    1 person likes this.
  4. N Kiran

Hyderabad
    Finally reached the destination ... Kudle Beach

We have to trek down a narrow path dug in the hill, to actually reach the beach

51.jpg

52.jpg

53.jpg

Exploring a little bit of Kudle beach

54.jpg

55.jpg

56.jpg

57.jpg

We decided to explore Om beach which was on the other side of the hill, which could be either driven down to or have to trek.
    Given my lazyness, I opted for driving. :D But our adventurous team mates decided against it.
    And so the trekking began.

58.jpg

59.jpg

I wasn't disappointed as it turned out to be a very short distance and we reached Om beach in no time.

60.jpg
    5 people like this.
  5. N Kiran

Hyderabad
    We relaxed a bit on the Om beach. While I enjoyed sitting in the sand and viewed the sunset. My buddies did the same in more adventerous way.
    P.S: Few pics were taken with my mobile.

61.jpg

62.jpg

63.jpg

64.jpg

65.jpg

66.jpg

67.jpg

68.jpg

69.jpg

70.jpg

71.jpg

We returned to our beach resort after the sunset and had a nice dinner. Next day we ventured some more of the Kudle beach.

81.jpg

82.jpg

83.jpg

Since we had no prior accomodation booked, we tried our luck to get a beach resort at Kudle beach and finally managed to get one room with an extra bed. Unfortunately it was available for only 1 day. We had two options, one is to find another accomodation at one of the beach resorts or leave for another destination.
    Vj proposed that we can go to Hampi and we agreed instantly to head to Hampi the next day.

The trecherous off road to exit the parking lot.

84.jpg

85.jpg

Until next time. Adieu Gokarna !!!

86.jpg
    5 people like this.
  6. N Kiran

Hyderabad
    Heritage at Hampi !!

Headed towards Hampi the next morning and reached by night fall. After going through various reviews on the internet, we decided to stay in one of the river side resorts.

We first reached Hampi and later realised that we ended up on the wrong side of the river bank. The Hampi itself is on one side of the river and the resorts we intended to stay was bang opposite to it, but on the other side of the river.

We thought that there would be a bridge or something for us to cross the river. We were terribly mistaken and had to actually drive ~60kms to reach the resorts, which otherwise was hardly 600 mtrs from where we ended up.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

- - - Merged Post - - -

The resort overlooks few acres of paddy fields that belong to the owner of the resort.

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg
    2 people like this.
  7. N Kiran

Hyderabad
    A few mins walk from the resort and we reached the banks of the river. We had to cross the river using a boat.
    We ended up the other side of the river, the previous night. So close, yet so far.

31.jpg

32.jpg

33.jpg

34.jpg

35.jpg

36.jpg

37.jpg

38.jpg

39.jpg

40.jpg

- - - Merged Post - - -

We were supposed to reach the otherside by this boat.

41.jpg

Yeah, you guessed it right. Again the adventerous duo wanted a twist and we somehow convinced the boat owner to let us cross using this (which we were told is unsafe and prohibited).

43.jpg

42.jpg

44.jpg

45.jpg

46.jpg

47.jpg
    2 people like this.
  8. N Kiran

Hyderabad
    After reaching the other side of the river, we hired an Auto to show us around.

Our ride for the day

51.jpg

Our Chauffer / Tourist Guide

52.jpg

Sister Rocks

53.jpg

54.jpg

A huge ground where cultural programs were conducted during the festive seasons

55.jpg

56.jpg

Rocks carved into plates for the poor to dine

59.jpg

60.jpg

57.jpg

58.jpg
    1 person likes this.
  9. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Which beach resort you guys halted for the night at Kudle beach? can we have some pictures of the resort please
  10. N Kiran

Hyderabad
    62.jpg

61.jpg

63.jpg

64.jpg

65.jpg

66.jpg

67.jpg

68.jpg

69.jpg