1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Hyderabad to Goa

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by Pramit, Jul 4, 2012.

1. Pramit

Pramit Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hello fellow Fiatians , I am planning to drive to Goa from Hyderabad during the first week of August. Please share your inputs on suggested routes & road conditions.

I drive a 1.4 Punto Emotion. I know being a petrol car owner and that too a 1.4 snatches some of my dreams of going on long drives but you know sometimes , you cant just help but ignore the cost factor.

August is gonna be wet ( hopefully ) and my car has done 31k - tyres are in decent shape. I haven't done tyre rotations anytime during the whole run , but now i am thinking that i should swap front and rear tyres before the trip because its gonna be wet all around. Is it a good idea ?

Cheers,
    Pramit
  2. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Follow the manual instruction for tire rotation. Do alignment and balancing at every 5K.
    Roads from Hubli to Goa or Kolhapur to Goa are reasonably well. You can choose either of them.
    If you are planning to come from MH side Ganges is the correct person to advice as he had recently made a trip.
  3. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    sun,
    Hyderabad Solapur Miraj Kolhapur Goa ,will be too much distance may be 100+ Kms than the below route.
    i can say : 'Hyd to Miraj to Kolhapur ' nice and decent road can cover the 550 Kms in minimum of 8 hours and maximum of 10 Hours.

Better to drive Hyd-Mahbubnagar-Raichur-Gangavati-Gadag-Hubli as per google maps,but road conditions :confused:
    1 person likes this.
  4. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    I did this route recently (1.5 months ago). Roads are pretty good upto Hubli with low traffic. Watch out for those tiny 5 bump speed breakers (which are really bad for the suspension) throughout Karnataka. You see a village! You slow down! and look out for these Speedbreakers since Start/END of almost every village has these. Luckily some are worn out while the rest are intact. Otherwise we were cruising at 120 + throughout.

My Destination was Dandeli and i went via HUBLI>>Dharwad>>>Dandeli. Dharwad to Dandeli has some rough worn out patches (for about 15 kms or so) though they are not pot-holed. Just have to drive a bit slowly and as all of us know Punto eats bad roads for Breakfast, lunch and dinner, so no worries. I guess, you could take a different route to GOA from Dharwad rather than through Dandeli.

Good Luck!
    1 person likes this.
  5. Dandeli roads are in good condition now, except for stretch of 6 kms.max one can do is 80-90 only.this will connect NH4 A
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    +1, its good for the thieves to come and stand beside these bumps,while you are in night drives :D.
    Its everywhere in Karnataka.Thats really good.
  7. Pramit

Pramit Amatore

Hyderabad
    Thanks a lot guys for your inputs , really appreciate it ! Will definitely put in a word on the roads and the route I tool once I do this trip.

Thanks again !